Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Meguitou : 29th Nov 2021 at 5:25 PM. Reason: problem solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [SOLVED] Townie adult reverting back to being a teen bug
Hi all,
So the title pretty much says it all. My Sim went to college with a townie, married her after and they just had a baby. But the weird thing is, when I went back to play with the family, my female adult Sim was... a teen ! It's actually not the first time I've encountered this problem, it happened to another family with the exact same setting : both Sims graduated from college, got married, had kids and then one day the husband (who was also a townie originally) just went from adult to teen. I had to send him to college AGAIN so he could return to the family as an adult. But honestly I don't feel like going through all that again. Now, I could just age her back to 'adult' which I already tried but then she just grows up with no degree, skills and is estranged to her husband (though they're still considered to be married). Also, she is in the middle of her adult life and has an established career so I really wish there were a solution.

This is really the weirdest thing and I don't really know what to do at this point. I've already tried the "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" cheat to see if I could "debug" her or something but had no luck. Has this already happened to someone?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 4:13 PM
Do you use Inteen? If so, that's a common bug, at least from what I've seen, that can be fixed by loading the sim's biological clock.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 5:36 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 20th Nov 2021 at 6:00 PM.
It did happen to one of my sims too, if not two, I don't quite remember. I fixed it so I forgot.

It should therefore all be fixable with a little cheating. The batbox will let you give her back her "graduated" state (click on the debugger/Upgrade sim.../Pre-Uni.../Pick a major), the simblender will make them spouses again (Relationships/Pick a sim/Set/Married), you can also give her her job back by right-clicking on the newspaper (pick any job you want, then pick the level). In debug mode.

If she's lost skills, you can adjust those in debug mode, by simply clicking and dragging along the bar.

If you don't use Mootilda's HoodChecker , be sure to download it from this site. Glitches can happen randomly but can also be caused by faulty data saved in the neighbourhood, and the Hoodcheker cleans a lot of those.

And of course, before doing anything, save a backup copy of your neighbourhood somewhere on your computer, so you can revert to it in case something goes wrong (it won't).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Do you use Inteen? If so, that's a common bug, at least from what I've seen, that can be fixed by loading the sim's biological clock.

I don't think I do? I have a few mods that I use which can do a bunch of things but it did happen before I even started to use them but I will check it out thanks !
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
It did happen to one of my sims too, if not two, I don't quite remember. I fixed it so I forgot.

It should therefore all be fixable with a little cheating. The batbox will let you give her back her "graduated" state (click on the debugger/Upgrade sim.../Pre-Uni.../Pick a major), the simblender will make them spouses again (Relationships/Pick a sim/Set/Married), you can also give her her job back by right-clicking on the newspaper (pick any job you want, then pick the level). In debug mode.

If she's lost skills, you can adjust those in debug mode, by simply clicking and dragging along the bar.

If you don't use Mootilda's HoodChecker , be sure to download it from this site. Glitches can happen randomly but can also be caused by faulty data saved in the neighbourhood, and the Hoodcheker cleans a lot of those.

And of course, before doing anything, save a backup copy of your neighbourhood somewhere on your computer, so you can revert to it in case something goes wrong (it won't).

Thank you so much ! I will try everything and let you know it goes !
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 10:13 PM
Check that your anti-virus isn't scanning/looking at your sim files and also that you don't have onedrive allowed to sync or do anything to sim files. Both of those can cause corruption to sim character files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 10:06 PM
I have resolved the issue using the Sim blender to age her from teen to adult and added several days to fit with her husband's lifespan, then used the batbox to give her a degree and the required skills for her to get her job back.
Thank you all for the precious tips!!!