Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 3:44 PM
Default Things that cause infinite loading screen loop?
For me, is when I leave restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false cheat running after modifying lots, like putting a RH rug in them or a penthouse/high-rise building. What causes you the loading screen?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 7:44 PM
Usually whenever I've enabled buydebug mode. Even if I disable it again when I've done, I still get an infinite loop when I try to go back to live mode. It doesn't happen every time, and seems to happen in some worlds more than others. Rather than risk losing progress, or hours worth of work on some building project, I make sure that I save the game beforehand, just in case.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#4 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 11:51 PM
Aha! So that's what causes it! Yes I am running decrap fix, I installed it some time ago because certain Store items are glitched. Oh well then, I just need to temporarily remove it whenever I plan on using buydebug. Another little problem solved. Thanks nitromon!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 5:08 AM
I have had that just a few times. One time it was on a lot with a hidden marker. One time I was building a resort and nothing was unusual.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2021 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
@Elynda You're running decrap fix? Need to remove that before you enter buydebug. But most bd things like the hidden lights and markers, there are mods which put them in the regular buying area.

This is the only known consistent infinite loading bug, I have not heard RBB would cause this as I use it very often and never turn it off.

Oh, so that's what could cause it? I was starting to get sick of not being able to place a simple stage for SHT performance lot. Was starting to piss me off, as I'm unable to save any of buydebug items without running into infinite loading screen problem

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 2:16 PM
It worked. But will I need to get rid of decrap to use it everytime? Is there no alternative to that store fix?

Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 2:33 PM
I think the only alternative would be to not use decrappified store packs
Forum Resident
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:34 PM.
I think the decrap fixes are only necessary in the first place because decrapping (as in, using the actual decrapify.exe from Pescado) actually breaks the links and references inside of the content in store Sims3Packs. If you use s3rc (such as if you still want to convert them to packages and such later for anything you own), you shouldn't run into that problem because it does nothing else besides removing the encryption, which is necessary if you want to make them into packages or alter anything in S3PE. Everything else is kept intact.

I really wish there was something somewhere that explained that difference between the two. Most people just slap everything over decrapify because it's considered standard knowledge by now. Most don't even know that s3rc does the same thing, but with a much better method.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:22 PM
Yes- as Jathom95 says, no need to decrapify at all- just use s3rc -f to use store packs. If you don't know how to invoke that from a command line, or write a batch file to do it, then try JFade's frontend interface over at DJSsims.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 4:33 PM
And I'm unsure if this is a component of JFade's version as well, but if you use the s3rc.exe version from Pescado over at MATY (it's in the same archive as decrapify.exe), you can also simply drag a store Sims3Pack over s3rc.exe where it should then say "Open with...". Doing so will cause a command prompt window to open for a split second, which means it should've worked. After that, you can open use Multi-Installer on them or open them up with S3PE or whatever.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
I think the decrap fixes are only necessary in the first place because decrapping (as in, using the actual decrapify.exe from Pescado) actually breaks the links and references inside of the content in store Sims3Packs. If you use s3rc (such as if you still want to convert them to packages and such later for anything you own), you shouldn't run into that problem because it does nothing else besides removing the encrpytion, which is necessary if you want to make them into packages or alter anything in S3PE. Everything else is kept intact.

I really wish there was something somewhere that explained that difference between the two. Most people just slap everything over decrapify because it's considered standard knowledge by now. Most don't even know that s3rc does the same thing, but with a much better method.

I agree. This is the first time I'm hearing about this. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2021 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I agree. This is the first time I'm hearing about this. Thank you!

You're welcome! Honestly, the more people that know about it, the better.

Instructor
#15 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Aha! So that's what causes it! Yes I am running decrap fix, I installed it some time ago because certain Store items are glitched. Oh well then, I just need to temporarily remove it whenever I plan on using buydebug. Another little problem solved. Thanks nitromon!

Eh I've been using buydebug cheat (auto on with Overwatch) and store decrap fix for some years and never had a problem. Are you installing the updated ccmerged.package as well?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes