Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Decorative Parking Spaces - with random cars parked

by MogHughson Posted 18th May 2009 at 3:45 PM - Updated 17th May 2011 at 6:16 PM by MogHughson : Removed internal categorisation as a driveway

246 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 10
Test Subject
#201 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 5:43 PM
Uhh not to seem noobish, I downloaded the right files but it keeps coming up with an error. Any help?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#202 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:38 PM
Hi missmoodey - can you tell me more about the error - what exactly do you see - screenshots if it is easier than describing is fine. Once I know more about the error, then I can help you.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Banned
#203 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 4:00 PM
I don't get it... so if I have all expansion packs which version do I use? -.-
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#204 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TUDOR_T_BEST
I don't get it... so if I have all expansion packs which version do I use? -.-
You only *NEED* decorative-parking-space-Mog-20090327.rar. You may optionally also download MUST-HAVE-NIGHTLIFE-maxis-ownable-cars-Mog-20090327.rar if you want to see the Maxis cars in the parking spaces. If you have lots of custom cars updated to work with this mod then you don't need it.

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#205 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 2:44 AM
cool, but what would happen if i placed it on an apartment lot,will it work
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#206 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmafia
cool, but what would happen if i placed it on an apartment lot,will it work
It will work the same way on an apartment lot as a non-apartment lot.

Scholar
THANKS POST
#207 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 5:02 PM
This looks amazing! Thank you so much :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#208 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 12:34 AM
Okay I have A Problem I download extra Cars From the site like lamborghini's and stuff but they never show up in the spots only maxis ones. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#209 Old 3rd Aug 2011 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rywar40
Okay I have A Problem I download extra Cars From the site like lamborghini's and stuff but they never show up in the spots only maxis ones. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Please read the section in the main thread entitled Which cars are actually used? which should answer your question - ask for more details if it doesn't.

Lab Assistant
#210 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 11:58 AM
HELP!! Cannot Find Parking spaces! :O Plz Help!!
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#211 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skimmer55
HELP!! Cannot Find Parking spaces! :O Plz Help!!
Locate the Decorative Parking Space object in Build Mode->Garage (along with the driveways)

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#212 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 2:18 AM
I always found those empty parking lots creepy myself. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:26 AM
OMG This is so awesome, now my lots dont look like ghost towns lol
Test Subject
#214 Old 4th Sep 2011 at 5:00 AM Last edited by CloudBR : 5th Sep 2011 at 6:35 PM. Reason: More easy to understand.
I having error with sedans.package and other.

I park in the park and sim get off the car, in the same time i have the error.

(sorry for the bad english xD)

Some example errors:

sedans.package
supersports.package

the options for these errors is cancel , reset and delete

If i press Reset or Delete , my sim is deleted and my car too.

Please help me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#215 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 5:22 AM
Thank you so much, I don't have Night Life only OFB I only downloaded the first archive file because I have numerators dcwnl.
Test Subject
#216 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 5:56 AM
I own the Sims 2: Double Deluxe, do I need to download just the original file or the NL-ONLY file? Good job, nice work! I always forget to add parking lots, but now that there will be cars in them, I might remember better haha
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#217 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lordessakkah
I own the Sims 2: Double Deluxe, do I need to download just the original file or the NL-ONLY file? Good job, nice work! I always forget to add parking lots, but now that there will be cars in them, I might remember better haha
I am told that DD is the Pets Game Engine - i.e. you should download mods as if you have Pets without the Pets function.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#218 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 11:29 PM
Yay, this adds a lot of realism, fantastic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#219 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 1:27 PM
omg, this is mindblowing, especially the time and percentage chance of generating a car feature - it adds so much realism to the game!! thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#220 Old 6th Oct 2011 at 3:53 AM
Thanks, this is amazing! Can't wait to try it out!
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 12:58 PM
I've found a small bug; since I downloaded this, I've experienced a bug that whenever I start the game, go into buildmode or similar, the Neighborhood's terrain is replaced with Car-related textures such as interior or concrete-road textures.I removed your package, but the problem remains. Is there a way to solve this ?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#222 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Illirey
I've found a small bug; since I downloaded this, I've experienced a bug that whenever I start the game, go into buildmode or similar, the Neighborhood's terrain is replaced with Car-related textures such as interior or concrete-road textures.I removed your package, but the problem remains. Is there a way to solve this ?
I have never heard of such a thing. Certainly this mod doesn't do anything with terrains. However, if it is this mod, or any other mod that you have previously had in your downloads folder and then removed, there may still be traces of it around until you delete your cache files. See Game Help:Delete Cache Fileswiki for more information. If this does clear it up and you then have confidence that your game can be repaired after seeing the issue, perhaps you can isolate which mod is causing it. Alternatively, you could try possible mods in an AGS game instead of your main game to avoid causing any further issues to your main game.

Lab Assistant
#223 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Illirey : 4th Dec 2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: More info after midnight
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
I have never heard of such a thing. Certainly this mod doesn't do anything with terrains. However, if it is this mod, or any other mod that you have previously had in your downloads folder and then removed, there may still be traces of it around until you delete your cache files. See Game Help:Delete Cache Fileswiki for more information. If this does clear it up and you then have confidence that your game can be repaired after seeing the issue, perhaps you can isolate which mod is causing it. Alternatively, you could try possible mods in an AGS game instead of your main game to avoid causing any further issues to your main game.

Thanks for the fast reply Mog. I removed every cache file (and cigen.package) after I tossed the mod into the bin and reinstalled all my othercustom content afterwards, but it didnt solve it. This wierd thing appears right when i get into the neighborhood/get into a house or buy random thing. Since this was the only mod I had installed I thought it was this that caused it. I have tried to remove all cars from my Downloads bin (and cleared the caches afterwards) but for unknown reason this keep happening.While I was scrolling through older comments, I believe I saw someone else with a similar problem. Either way, I'll try to reinstall my games and see what'll happen.
EDIT: Since I reinstalled the game and my CC (except for this mod) I still got the same error. I took a peek through the files in the Clean Installer and moved a few suspicious files into a temporary folder, and at the first tests it looks bright, so as far as I can tell this mod is as safe as a mod can be .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 5:00 PM
I know you explained EVERYTHING but I still have two things I'm not quite sure I understand. 1. If I have all the EP's do I need to still use Numenors Cars without NL? If I do, that's fine, just don't want to add something I don't need. 2. Will this only work on new community lots--in other words--only on new parking lots that I make? Or will it automatically work on EA/Maxis community lots with parking lots already in place?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#225 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 8:45 PM
Awesome idea, I love it!
Page 9 of 10