Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Complete Modular Gutter System !!!!!!!!!! ***36 New Meshes*** UPD 2/20/07 House Link Added !!!!!!!!

by Cooldadx4 Posted 3rd Dec 2006 at 9:12 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2007 at 12:13 PM by tigdadx4 : Updated with link to fixed gutters

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 9:23 AM
Great job! It's fantastic. Thank you for sharing.
Field Researcher
#52 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 12:49 PM
congratulations on the feature! looking forward to seeing your next project!
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#53 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 1:58 PM
Thank You !!!!

If you take a look at the bottom of the post you will see a sneak peak of the next project I plan on uploading pretty soon !!!!!
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 10:33 PM
Hey tigmomx4, this is really awsome. I've already downloaded and it looks great in game. I think I'm going to use this in one of my new houses I plan to upload soon. When do you plan on releases your new project?
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 3:31 AM
it should be out within the next few days or so depending on if i think of anything else to add to it ...I do still have about 4 or so meshes that need to be made completely and a few of the ones already made need some tweeking but it will be done soon ....
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 9th Dec 2006 at 5:30 AM
That cool... I'll keep my eye out and I'll inclued them in the house I'm making...
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 14th Dec 2006 at 7:30 PM
Is this house available for download? I love it! I love that electricity post in front of the house too !
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#58 Old 15th Dec 2006 at 9:11 AM
no the house is just a shell nothing inside ...i guess I could turn it into a usable house and upload it ..The electrical stuff will be posted shortly im working on the final pieces now ....
Test Subject
#59 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 4:54 AM
Thanks for the sharings. I've been waiting this kind of stuffs for long.
Test Subject
#60 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 6:21 PM
Big Thanks! Love your ideas.
Test Subject
#61 Old 26th Dec 2006 at 8:52 PM
i have an idea for a new 'Project' you could do...trim. Trim for around windows and doors! I would LOVE trim:P
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#62 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 4:37 AM
Like aluminum trim ????

If so that would be very difficult as i would have to make trim pieces for ALL the windows in game and that would be time consuming ...
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 12:54 PM
NOWAY! THIS IS INCREDIBLE~~~!!! OMG!! You are just brilliant! These are just brilliant! THank you so so so much! Sim homes are going to look so realistic now!

Brilliant!

"I cannot live without MODTHESIMS2! :D ><

Sims has never been this much fun..."
Field Researcher
#64 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 4:20 AM
Nice Touch Of Realism Into The Game....

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Field Researcher
#65 Old 15th Jan 2007 at 3:04 AM
Hi Tigmomx4! First I wanted to tell you how nice the houses look with your gutters on them and how well made I feel they are.

Now, the problem. It's probably just my game or the lot I tried them on or the fact that I only have S2,Uni,NL and OFB. Anyway, I installed them on a Sim Sunday while the whole family was inside. Once done, I told the fat Dad and Mom to go swimming (trying to get them to lose some weight). They both went to the back door and stood throwing a fit. I was paying too much attention to them as I was focused on their teens. I finally noticed though, but not in time to see the little pictures of what was wrong. I told them again to get in the pool and this time I noticed that the Dad was seeing a little black and white picture of the gutters. I thought, "What? You are on the first floor and the gutters are on the second floor. What in the world would the gutters have with you not being able to get out the door?" Because they were both still in the house. Anyway, I tried the front door, the garage. Nothing. I had to remove the gutters, then they had no problem going outside.

Like I said, it's probably just my game, but I thought I would post it and see if anyone else has had this problem. If not, I'll start trying to take things out of my downloads to see if there may be something else causing it, but adding the gutters were the only thing I had changed.
Test Subject
#66 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 2:57 PM
It's cool

But.... I have to download them one by one,

i think i am bizy for half an hour or something xD
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 5:33 PM
Simsane - You know what now that you mentioned that , it just dawned on me that these are cloned from a statue and therefore when they are placed they will act like a statue and retain the footprint of the statue ...I guess i need to figure out a way to remove that footprint and allow them to be walked through...

erikfrancke - Why do you have to download them individually ????? there is a completegutters.rar with ALL the gutters and is only 355.4 kb
Test Subject
#68 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tigmomx4
Thanks all !!!!

bradyseitz : there are only 2 parts of this set with actual textures ..the rest pull their texture from these 2 objects ...Make sure you have the basegutter1xnf and the basegutter2xnf package files in your downloads folder and ALL other gutters should have the correct textures ....as for the gutters not lining up ??? I tested all the pieces in game and none of them that i could see had gaps .....If you tell me which pieces exactly dont line up right i can look and see whats going on ...All the packages are uniquely named for the piece that they are ....

Does this mean they will show up blue in the catalogue? Mine do, and I always install with Q-Express, I tried redownloading and they still show up blue. I have yet to use them because, well, I figured they were broken.
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#69 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 7:30 PM
If you do not have the 2 MAIN gutter files they will not show any texture... I have no idea if they would show up blue in the catalogue but i know in game they will if you do not have the 2 basegutter's in place in your downloads folder ...If you have both them then i guess you just need to delete your thumbnails from the folder to refresh the catalogue view ....
Field Researcher
#70 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tigmomx4
Simsane - You know what now that you mentioned that , it just dawned on me that these are cloned from a statue and therefore when they are placed they will act like a statue and retain the footprint of the statue ...I guess i need to figure out a way to remove that footprint and allow them to be walked through...

Hi tigmomx4, I just remembered earlier today that I had posted regarding the gutters, lol! Have had a lot on my mind lately. Anyway, that makes sense. If you work out the problem I would love to re-download these as they give my house a nice finished appearance. Funny how you don't realize something's missing until you actually see it, isn't it?

Also, the person stating that they were flashing blue, isn't that usually related to needing the Color Enabler? Or am I remembering incorrectly and that's related to not having the right EP's? Anyway, just throwing out ideas.
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#71 Old 3rd May 2007 at 2:19 AM
Man I need to keep up with my downloads ....If you happen to read this and don't know it yet , there are updated gutters available now ....Look at the very top of the post ...Sorry for not responding back sooner .
Test Subject
#72 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:25 PM
i am still haveing truble putting them on my house
Greatest Dad Ever
Original Poster
#73 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 12:55 AM
well i need a little more info than that to try and help you out ... just telling me your having trouble helps me in no way figure out what could be wrong ...Please explain your problem and i mightbe able to help you out
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Nov 2008 at 5:26 PM
very great set! =)
but can i use this cutters for individual roofs? like roofs with an angle about 10 and not 45.
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 1:31 AM Last edited by starrfire : 3rd Dec 2008 at 9:57 PM.
OMG I wanted to get them but when I saw how many downloads O_o. Can you Update it with one package?

UPDATE. NM

Anyways whre do you find them under?

Its a Free Country!
Page 3 of 4