Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plumbots from TS3: 13 Parts to Mix + Match

by Esmeralda Posted 1st May 2015 at 8:51 PM - Updated 24th Jun 2018 at 10:41 AM by Esmeralda : Updated for Seasons

59 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:13 PM
AAAHHHHH!! Esmeralda!! Have I told you how much I love you? No? Well, I am now, lol!!
I was actually thinking about the plumbots after seeing another Simmer on tumblr have one in her game - I was wondering how the heck I would convert them without morph problems (I've been tyring to convert the mummy head from TS3, and been running into all sorts of trouble!) Anyway, these are amazing! Thank you so much - bots in TS4, oh yeah!!!

Wow, how did you do this? There are few other Plumbot parts that I'd love to have in TS4 that I used in TS3 that aren't here - I'd convert those parts myself if I knew how... any tips?
Thanks again!!
*runs off to download like a fool*
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:19 PM
you are absolutely amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:41 PM
Oh this is absoloute fantastic! thank you so much <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st May 2015 at 10:40 PM
Fantastic! I really want Plumbots back in Sims 4, this will absolutely hold me over until then, thank you so much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 1st May 2015 at 10:52 PM
My jaw hit the floor in amazement....and then I have made a very happy dance.
Thank you so much for this! Fantastic work. I was missing robots in Sims 4!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:06 PM
Oh my goodness! Thank you soooo much!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st May 2015 at 11:08 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
Wow, how did you do this? There are few other Plumbot parts that I'd love to have in TS4 that I used in TS3 that aren't here - I'd convert those parts myself if I knew how... any tips?

Oooh, this project was no picnic - took me months to do, and I did convert a few other parts that I ended up having to abandon because of their not making the transition from TS3 to TS4 well. And a lot of them were just way too high poly for me to want to convert, in case of lag (am surprised EA would make such high poly things for TS3, considering how laggy it already was - no wonder my TS3 game ran so badly after installing ITF!). I chose the lower poly parts to convert and still had to reduce a few of them. Will PM you tomorrow if I get some time, to give you a few tips on tools and techniques for these types of conversions.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd May 2015 at 12:00 PM
WOW what A MASTERPIECE! Love the robots, simply fantastic i must admit! Thank you very much sensational! :-)
Banned
#10 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:03 PM
Can you make robots with sum upper halves and robot lower halves, like in TS3?
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd May 2015 at 1:36 PM
Maxis says, "You can't have robots working alongside human and alien sims in the GTW science career."

Esmeralda says, "Oh yes you can..."

Thank you. My science labs are going to look even more sciency now.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 2nd May 2015 at 4:47 PM
thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 2nd May 2015 at 5:07 PM
Holy Wow you are simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd May 2015 at 7:07 PM
oh god you did it thanks thanks thanks my fans got there celebritys
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 3rd May 2015 at 12:08 AM
All I can say is WOW! And thank you for all your hard work.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:58 AM
You always give me just the right amount of oddball to add in my game. Love it!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2015 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Can you make robots with sum upper halves and robot lower halves, like in TS3?

It would be possible for someone to do that if they meshed some robot bottoms that matched seamlessly with default human torsos. But, if the sim gained or lost weight or muscle, the human torso would no longer match up with the robot bottom, and you probably wouldn't want the robot bottom to morph with weight gain or loss, because, well, metal robot bodies don't gain or lose weight, ha ha. You'd have to be careful to keep them a steady weight. So it would be do-able in theory, but not ideal.
Quote: Originally posted by Flarz
WOW what A MASTERPIECE! Love the robots, simply fantastic i must admit! Thank you very much sensational! :-)

Thanks again for letting me know about that mannequin specular! Now maybe you can use these as Robocops for your new police station!
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
You always give me just the right amount of oddball to add in my game. Love it!

Thanks! I strive to give just the right amount of oddball - not too much, but definitely not too little!

Thanks again, everyone.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 5th May 2015 at 1:28 AM
I like robots in into the future: You make an excellent work Esmeralda. You managed to match the parts very well. You rock!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th May 2015 at 9:26 AM
Sweeeeeet!!
I've always said "Sims 3 seems so much cooler with the extensions"
& now you have made Sims 4 seem as cool as Sims 3 to me :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th May 2015 at 11:47 AM
This is CRAZY AWESOME! Thank you so much for the Plumbots for TS4. Didn't play TS3 but they look so great and I love it to have them in my TS4 game! Thank you! <3
Test Subject
#21 Old 15th May 2015 at 3:45 AM
Omg!!!!!
How is this not a Featured Upload!!!! This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th May 2015 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drkwlf92
How is this not a Featured Upload!!!! This is awesome!!! Thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing!!!

Only mainstream everyday-type items get to be Featured, not the kind of stuff I make. But am so glad you like it, thank you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:48 AM
This is so amazing!!!
Would you consider making a version for sims 3, so we can have the plumbot parts for the human cas?
Everysim should be plumbots! (or plumbot/sim mixes)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st May 2015 at 11:25 AM
I don't create for TS3 any more, but I'm pretty sure this has already been done by TS3 players using a mod such as Nraas Master Controller. Search around the TS3 forums and you might find this being discussed somewhere.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 26th May 2015 at 1:06 AM
cool this is neat
Page 1 of 3