Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: School/Office Wall Clock (animated/time-telling)

by boblishman Posted 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:49 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2009 at 1:44 PM by -Maylin-

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:09 AM
Why did you make a "sim with a queer eye"

Well......anyways......

this is a very cool object . do you know how to make sim animations?
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#27 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
err....well...how do I put this.... take a GOOD look at him... then maybe you'll realise why a FEMALE Sim wouldn't be the answer to his problems...

Oh my, well in that case I have a town full of male sims who would be more than willing to help cheer up the "Object Weekly" cover boy.
Scholar
#28 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:29 AM
these are perfect - thanks so much!
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:39 AM Last edited by boblishman : 6th Aug 2005 at 7:24 PM. Reason: typo's ...as usual!
Quote: Originally posted by C4MANCEPH
I love the clocks, but each night at mid-night I get an error message telling me that an error occured with the clock so I click reset.

This appears to be a problem with anyone with the 'hacked NPC stove' installed....

I have no idea why, because my clocks do not contain any new BHAV's or hacks...they simply have the Pie Menues disabled... :confused:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Paunda
Why did you make a "sim with a queer eye"

...because surely, everyone knows that all the best looking men are either gay or married?...(usually both!!) .... :laugh:
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:59 AM
...because surely, everyone knows that all the best looking men are either gay or married?...(usually both!!) .... :laugh:

:laugh: too funny!

Does the clock keep accurate time? I'm just curious.. probably a really dumb thing to ask. ^.^ Excellent work!

Turtle Turtle!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:09 AM
Ok Bob, my Sim's just had a gender change courtesy of Sim PE. Can (s)he have him now??? Ha, you're not getting away that easily!
Test Subject
#33 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:19 AM

i have nice looking sims that are straight not gay.
WHAT KIND OF NEIGHBORHOOD ARE YOU RUNNING!...............lol

Well then thats the least of my problems...whatever :blah:
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:29 AM
btw are you are a girl or boy boblishman even though is says man at the end but i am just curious......and if you are a male .........are you queer?

I am serious and i hope not when i hear the answer...(not to offend you cause i am a nice person just i dont know if i am being one right now
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:39 AM
Thank you Bob!
Your objects are always neat and wonderful!!!
I love your objects.
Thanks again!!

Ta539 :viking:
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:49 AM
Default Thank You
I love this so much better than that large clock taking up room in the house. Your great as always.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ok Bob, my Sim's just had a gender change courtesy of Sim PE. Can (s)he have him now??? Ha, you're not getting away that easily!

Ok....(and this is a serious reply... If someone can tell me how to package him I will upload him.

He wasn't made in Body Shop... he was made in the Create a Family screen...and I have 'cloned' him several times on various lots...but how do you extract (and package) a Sim from a LOT?... I have no idea :confused:
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Paunda
btw are you are a girl or boy ......and if you are a male .........are you queer?

I'm an object creator .... isn't that enough? ...

(my gender and sexuality are surely not important to any downloader ... if they are, then they're playing the wrong game... and one I've no intentions of joining )

...btw ... the signs are out there... just look at the music CD's in my CD rack.... hmmmm...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Oh my, well in that case I have a town full of male sims who would be more than willing to help cheer up the "Object Weekly" cover boy.

...now that's funny!! :laugh: ... I never thought of him as a 'cover boy' ...
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:29 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 7th Aug 2005 at 8:13 PM.
Quote:
...now that's funny!! ... I never thought of him as a 'cover boy' ...

One of my families has his magazine in the bathroom.

As for extracting the cover boy, you could just move him onto an empty lot and package the whole lot. He won't show up in Body Shop that way... but maybe you don't want anyone editing the poor little thing? I think I'd actually prefer him as is, with the same miserable personality as in your screenshots.

But if you'd rather extract him, I think you can do it with SimPe. First open the Neighborhood Browser and open his neighborhood, then open the Sim Surgery Plugin. Find the little bugger, select him, and click "use" in the Patient Sim section. Then click "Export (thanks to Pinhead)". I've never actually tried this and I'm running an older version of SimPe.... but... I think that should work, and it's pretty darn easy.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:39 AM
Yes, fanseelamb is right. You use the Simsurgery just as described- our heart throb will then be visible in Bodyshop, and you can package him from there. This also means that you can clone any of the Maxis Sims, too- you could have a neighbourhood full of Remington maids if you really wanted to! Please put him up for downloading- after all, my Sim has his photograph in a frame next to the bed....
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:49 AM
FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!! Oh and you included a BLUE one. I Love ya man!

***HUGZ***
Angel
retired moderator
Original Poster
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:59 AM
OK...my avatar Sim is packaged and available HERE
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:09 AM
Thanks for the avatar, Boblishman. He's looking good in my game, and feels right at home already since there are photos of him everywhere... Why don't you post him in the Sims download forum, in a new thread? I'm sure there are many more who would like to download him who may miss him here. He's proving to be a popular guy!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:19 AM Last edited by fanseelamb : 10th Aug 2005 at 4:19 AM.
Yay, thanks Bob! Poor little fella did not like your clock very much, but he loved the carpet for some reason.

He's also getting along quite well with my avatar sim, Rage.

BTW, this animated clock is very cool.
Test Subject
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:29 AM
nice clock, thank you
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:39 AM
Nice and simple looking- great job as always
Forum Resident
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:49 AM
First of all - Love the clocks - especially the fact that these are higher on the wall than regular clocks.

Second - I think I will 'artificially inseminate' (not really, but since he's gay - we'll pretend!) one of my hot female sims (I've just made a new one - haven't uploaded yet). The 'offspring' could be your new 'cover boy'. I'll have to get busy, or rather have them 'get busy' and send you a pic - you can tell me if you want to use the second generation! :jig:
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:59 AM
Boblishman, the clocks work a treat in my game, and just to prove it here's Sim Sample checking out the time (or is he checking out Boblishman's body? Bob's been working out a bit...)

retired moderator
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by snugglebunner
First of all - Love the clocks - especially the fact that these are higher on the wall than regular clocks.

Second - I think I will 'artificially inseminate' (not really, but since he's gay - we'll pretend!) one of my hot female sims (I've just made a new one - haven't uploaded yet). The 'offspring' could be your new 'cover boy'. I'll have to get busy, or rather have them 'get busy' and send you a pic - you can tell me if you want to use the second generation! :jig:

:omg: I never expected him to have kids... (but I'd love to see them!!)..
Page 2 of 4