Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: School/Office Wall Clock (animated/time-telling)

by boblishman Posted 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:49 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2009 at 1:44 PM by -Maylin-

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 89 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:19 AM Last edited by Thraxwhirl : 17th Aug 2005 at 11:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
err....well...how do I put this.... take a GOOD look at him... then maybe you'll realise why a FEMALE Sim wouldn't be the answer to his problems...

Lol! "Out"-ed eh? Ha!

Maybe you should CAS him a male companion for those long winter evenings when there's nothing on the telly after Corrie has finished, and the ticking of the clock seems to have slowed to a crawl.

Seriously though, this clock looks wicked, Bob. Kudos to you, Sir, especially if the time it shows actually matches the "In Game" time.

Nice work.

One question:

It conflicts with the All-In-One Stove at Midnight... is that ONLY on Lots which have the stove present or is it a global problem affecting clocks elsewhere?

Thinking about it, I suppose I should be the one to find that out for YOU really, as part of my duty as a Beta Tester.

I'll let you know when I've checked.

Quote:
He wasn't made in Body Shop... he was made in the Create a Family screen...and I have 'cloned' him several times on various lots...but how do you extract (and package) a Sim from a LOT?... I have no idea

I've often wondered that too. I only create sims in CAS, as Bodyshop is a pretty cruddy piece of software IMHO. No zoom feature, not the correct colours for the skintones, sims' hands always on hips rather than out at the sides(which therefore obscures part of the Clothes' Alpha Files) etc. etc.

I could elaborate, but I shan't.

In any case, yes, I too have often wondered if sims that are already in the game could be packaged up for distribution.
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#52 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:29 AM
Is there a thread on how this was accomplished elsewhere on the forums? Last year when someone figured something out, if they didn't share how they did it they got yelled at and threatened with a ban.

Granted I haven't been around much this year but there has obviously been a huge and stunning change in how things are done. I see object testing and help/info threads are separated now, so that's why I'm asking if there's info elsewhere on the forum.

:lion:
Deedee
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:39 AM
Hi again, folks.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with a wee test result.

Hmmm. Poor choice of words... unless you have cystitis, I suppose.

Anyway, I can indeed confirm, Bob, that the clock works absolutely fine on Lots where there is NO NPC cooker-thingy(that's it's scientific name of course, it's from the Latin).

Yyaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

It was actually quite a challenge for me to find a Housing Lot that DIDN't have one. lol. I use them on a lorra Lots. But I did find one without, where I placed the clock for testing, and midnight came and went at least three times with no ill effects on the clock.

I hope that's of help.

I have a point to make though. I dunno if this could be strictly considered play-testing or just meddling, but here goes:

I notice that the clock disappears if one views the wall from the other side. Now, I may well be barking up the wrong tree here, but would I be right in thinking that most users here probably don't keep ALL walls up? I certainly don't - only the FAR walls(ie. exteriors only, and not those closest).

Thing is, people playing with ALL walls down will never be able to see the clock, and those who have only FAR walls up, such as myself(and unless I'm a weirdo, I would hazard a guess that's how most people would play it), will only be able to place the clock on the inside of exterior walls... and of course people playing with ALL walls up will never see anything, so they're asking for trouble. :p

Now, as I'm sure you're well aware, wall-mounted mirrors remain viewable with walls down(from front and back), while paintings tend to vanish. There's a lovely little hack that I found on MTS2 long ago which enables you to keep paintings viewable, just like the mirrors. However, it doesn't apply to this clock, perhaps because the game doesn't classify it as a painting? I dunno.

Anyway, my humble suggestion, if you want to make this clock far better and more widely usable, would be to make it constantly viewable, like the mirrors. Granted it would mean that you can see the back of it when viewing it from behind, outside that room... but to be honest, the clock is pretty small, and it won't obscure much of your vision of the household.

That's just my suggestion anyway. Hope you don't mind me offering that opinion.
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thraxwhirl
Lol! "Out"-ed eh? Ha!

Maybe you should CAS him a male companion for those long winter evenings when there's nothing on the telly after Corrie has finished, and the ticking of the clock seems to have slowed to a crawl.

I have....and now he's MUCH happier..... :laugh:
Screenshots
#55 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:59 AM
Omg!!! I LOVE IT!! It looks exactly like the 2 clocks I have in my house!! One is placed in my bathroom, and the other in my kitchen. They look great, I'll definately have to download these clocks.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:09 AM
Thanks so much! GJ!!!!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:19 AM
Absolutely fan-bloody-tastic ! Bob does it again. Thanks for sharing you brilliant little man you :banana:
Instructor
#58 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:29 AM
I'd been hoping someone would make a functioning clock. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Test Subject
#59 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:39 AM
Thanks a lot!!! I love it!
Instructor
#60 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:49 AM
Brilliant, as usual! :baloons:
#61 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 8:59 AM
Wow!It's really cool...I've been looking for clocks that are cool and I finally found a couple!Yay bye
Test Subject
#62 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:09 AM
:comp: :nod: Thanks alot I needed something like this for one of my movies. Great work!!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:19 AM
How come my downloads never show in the game??I download the object in the right file but it wont show! :bump:

Chaos,panic and disorder.My work here is done.

If barbie's SO popular,why do we have to buy her friends?
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:29 AM
awesome job man! finally a clock taht works ^_^

This graw is FRENSHAY!!!!
Forum Resident
#65 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:39 AM
Yes, I've always wanted a clock that works! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:49 AM
Hey Bob I did some testing with your clock and I wanted to report that I got an object hit point error with your clock when ingame time strikes 0000 midnight.

Perhaps u should look into this ya?

This graw is FRENSHAY!!!!
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AllieRikkuAH64
Hey Bob I did some testing with your clock and I wanted to report that I got an object hit point error with your clock when ingame time strikes 0000 midnight.

Perhaps u should look into this ya?

it's already discussed in this thread......
Field Researcher
#68 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:09 AM
nice! *downloading*
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:19 AM
I want to know where I can get your companion to your avatar. He's hot! LOL

Quote: Originally posted by boblishman
I have....and now he's MUCH happier..... :laugh:
Test Subject
#70 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:29 AM
Default Wow
Thanks mate Need A clock can you make other things aswell
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:39 AM
i don't know if someone mentioned it already but the alarm clock and grandfather clock tell the sim time to. he hacked one of those i think. cant believe maxis didn't think of a wall clock
Test Subject
#72 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:49 AM
When I was building my school I was thinking about a wall clock, and then I found this! Your objects are fantastic. Thank you very much! :D

"Do my worst, eh? Smithers, release the robotic Richard Simmons." - Mr. Burns, The Simpsons
Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:59 AM
Wall clock! WOO! Haha. Thank you, er... Bob!
Field Researcher
#74 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:09 AM
I like it, thank

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Test Subject
#75 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:19 AM
Default Where is it?
Anyone know where to find this download now? My pc crashed a little while ago and I am now re-downloading everything I got from this site earlier, but this download and mesh have disappeared. Anyone help me?
Page 3 of 4