Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 3:35 PM Last edited by Nopke : 19th Nov 2019 at 4:09 PM. Reason: more accurate title
Default "My Downloads" page – issues
1. The "Have Update?" column on the "My Downloads" page works like if its name were "Does NOT have update?".
2. There is no distinction between an update that deserves attention (update of files, important update of description, new information), and a minor edit (typo fix, formatting, etc.). I think the users should be able to mark their edits as minor, and such edits should not affect the "Have Update?" column. I realize that implementation of this idea would be quite laborious – it's just an idea.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 5:48 PM
Hi there. Thanks for the questions.

1. Thanks for noticing this! I've corrected it.
2. The "Have update?" date is based on an internal note of when the files where updated compared to when you downloaded it - it shouldn't be true if only a description was updated (or title). There does appear to be some discrepancy between the dates though, although it was correctly marking the "Has Update" as "No" because the files where updated *before* I downloaded it.

Hope this clarifies things
T

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 6:46 PM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 14th Nov 2019 at 8:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi there. Thanks for the questions.

1. Thanks for noticing this! I've corrected it.
2. The "Have update?" date is based on an internal note of when the files where updated compared to when you downloaded it - it shouldn't be true if only a description was updated (or title). There does appear to be some discrepancy between the dates though, although it was correctly marking the "Has Update" as "No" because the files where updated *before* I downloaded it.

Hope this clarifies things
T

I'm sorry to report that my downloads are showing the exact opposite of what they should. I have 73 total downloads. All except 2 (which are outdated & not being updated by the creator on MTS anymore), are showing NO in the "have update" column. The two that I am 100% certain are outdated & not updated for the current version of my game are showing YES in the "have update" column. This is opposite of what should be appearing. I do hope this is sorted out & fixed soon. Thanks.

Edit: I just want to add that I did in fact go through my downloads last night looking for any that I needed to re-download since the game update on Tuesday. So I KNOW my list was not like this last night.

Another Edit: MY ISSUE IS NOW FIXED. THANK YOU FOR WHATEVER YOU DID!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 7:37 PM
@Tashiketh Thank you for your answer. The name of the "Last Modified" column misled me.
I've just found another issue: the dates on the "My Downloads" page don't match my time zone.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#5 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke
@Tashiketh Thank you for your answer. The name of the "Last Modified" column misled me.
I've just found another issue: the dates on the "My Downloads" page don't match my time zone.

I think this is because downloads are time stamped with the time where the servers are actually located which may be different from your local time.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 8:02 PM
@fascisthater Dates on other pages of this site do match my time zone though. For example, the upload date of a download on the "My Downloads" page doesn't match my time zone but the upload date of that download on its own page does match.
Staff - Moderator
#7 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 8:10 PM
@fascisthater Dates on other pages of this site do match my time zone though. For example, the upload date of a download on the "My Downloads" page doesn't match my time zone but the upload date of that download on its own page does match.

I think the servers are probably in europe somewhere and a several hour time difference could mean a new date from where you might be located. (15 degrees longitude=1 hour)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 8:22 PM

I don't know what time zone you are in but...I just fixed my pages by doing this...maybe it will help you & others:

I went to "Edit Options" under my profile picture in top right corner. Scroll down to "Date & Time Options". I'm on Eastern Time Zone, or (GMT-5). Set DST always off. Now the entire site matches my current time, which is 3:21pm Thurs.

***Also, note that the times listed on our downloads page is in military time or the 24 hour format.***

Hope this helps!

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Space Pony
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 8:47 PM Last edited by Nopke : 15th Nov 2019 at 9:05 AM.
@fascisthater I guess it does not matter since only one page (as far as I observed) on the entire site does not match my time zone.
@Mimi52861 Unfortunately, it doesn't help. 25th Oct 2019 at 5:09 AM on a download's page is Oct 24, 2019 23:09 on the "My Downloads" page. And yeah, the time formats are different in different places on this site. Another issue.

Edit: The "Have Update?" column still works wrong for me.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#10 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 10:20 AM
Most of the dates on the site are calculated using the users profile timezone. The My Downloads page, prior to this post, did not, and used the server time (which is EST). This is why the date discrepancy. However, as of writing this, I've switched it to use the user specified timezone, which should fix things up.

@Nopke I noticed an error in how the "Has Update?" is calculated when there was no update at all, so this has now been fixed. I checked your My Downloads page and now it shows up correctly. I now see only 7 needing an update, because they where updated after you downloaded them.

I added a note to the bottom of the page to indicate how this column is calculated.

@Mimi52861 Congrats on thanking 100% of your downloads

Speaking of the "My Downloads" page (which admittedly hasn't been touched in years....) are there any other tweaks/additions/changes people would like to see on that page?

Space Pony
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 11:49 AM Last edited by Nopke : 20th Nov 2019 at 8:14 AM.
@Tashiketh The icons next to the words "No" and "Yes" are quite confusing. The red icon suggests that something's wrong but nothing is wrong if a download has "no" update. Additionally, I think that page is cluttered by too much information. I think filters would be more user-friendly than a big table.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 1:38 PM
I'm not sure what you mean about filters, because the table already has filters. You can already select specific games, sections, whether or not you have thanked, or whether it has an update. So I'm a little confused.

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#13 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 2:03 PM
Right, but the table already has those, it's just laid out horizontally instead of vertically.

Staff - Moderator
#14 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 3:30 PM
Changed thread category to Solved/Answered
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 4:38 PM
I had the same problem with the "Have Update" column on the "My Downloads" page. Unfortunately it gave me the impression that everything I had ever downloaded (330+ items) needed updating! Even more unfortunately (for me) I panicked and re-downloaded around 60 items that I thought required updating - before noticing that something seemed wrong, after which I checked the creators info plus my Mods folder and realised that I already had the latest versions. Perhaps it's my age and/or I'm not as bright as I used to be but, as a result, my "Downloaded" dates are now inaccurate for those items. I think that, for the next few weeks at least, I will double-check and read what the creator says before downloading any more "updates". Having read the forums concerning this it seems that I am not the only person to find it confusing, which is something of a relief as I was beginning to doubt my sanity.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 10:41 AM
Upon checking "My Downloads" for updates this morning I see that the "Have Update" column has now been changed to "Up to date?" - the perfect solution (in my view) to solve the "have/have not" question. Thank you, thank you, for getting this sorted out. Even I can now understand it - and no longer have to worry about men in white coats coming to take me away :-)