Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Game Selector 3.0 Support for "Into the Future" and "Movie Stuff"

by ralphaelninja Posted 29th Mar 2013 at 4:52 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:43 PM by Nysha

149 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 58 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:11 PM
Just what i always wanted - great!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#127 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 8:58 PM
In the description it mentions that mods will work, but no matter what I do, nothing ever shows up in the game. The script mods window never shows up like it does in the regular game, so I'm stuck dealing with the basic game which we all know is buggy and now my inventory is full of stuck bills.
Test Subject
#128 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 10:19 PM
I tried to use this, but when I open it everything just shows up grey. I have almost every expansion pack except Generations, University Life and Late Night. Do I have to have all of the expansions and stuff packs? I click on every icon and none show up in color. I'm very confused.
Test Subject
#129 Old 28th Aug 2015 at 5:52 PM
Thank you for this mod, it is brilliant and works like a dream! However, do you know of any mods similar to this one for Sims 2?
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 4:08 PM
Hello,

Been an avid user of this mod for ages. Thank you. It worked wonderfully in Win 8 and Win 8.1 (x64-bit), but as soon as I upgraded to Win 10 it stopped working. It opens the UI but as soon as I click to disable a game it goes all white and I have to force close it. Just a heads up for people with Win 10.

Anybody else with this problem?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#131 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 11:00 AM
Thanks for this!It might allow me to do b\se game builds without using EP stuff by accident.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#132 Old 24th Dec 2015 at 3:54 PM
Thank you this is amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 7th Feb 2016 at 4:19 PM
Thank you so much for taking time to create this wonderful tool for us to use for our game. Without yours and many others ingenuity, we would all go crazy with a the little "Ticks" EA hasn't ironed out in the Sims 3.
Test Subject
#134 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 11:51 AM
Thank you so much !!! Works great on my windows 7, and very simple to use !! Thank you again :D
Instructor
#135 Old 9th Mar 2016 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 9th Mar 2016 at 3:32 AM.
I am having a problem. I d/led this mod and disabled ITF for a challenge, but now that I have ITF re-enabled, all of my games using that ep are still grayed out in the launcher or game loading window. How do I get my games back? Will they come back if I uninstall the Game selector? Speaking of uninstalling it, do I just delete it? Thanks!

I just wanted to edit here. I had disabled this pack through this program and now when I look for it, it is completely gone and missing. I never uninstalled ITF.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#136 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:02 PM
Looks pretty cool!
Test Subject
#137 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 12:35 AM
ok so i downloaded this with the intentions of disabling the Island Paradise expansion but i realized that this doesn't work with the Steam Version of the game, it doesn't detect anything. but i am just assuming that your program just edits the windows registry to disable and enable the expansions so it would make sense that it doesn't work because the steam versions registry keys are in a different location
if you intend to add support for the steam version the registry location is 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims(Steam)' if not oh well i managed to backup and disable the expansion myself, awesome program though
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#138 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 8:50 AM
thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#139 Old 10th Sep 2016 at 5:20 PM
thanks. I will see if this works on 1.69
Test Subject
#140 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
thanks. I will see if this works on 1.69

You do realize that the new launcher that comes with patch 1.69 does the exact same thing this mod does.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:16 PM
Simple but usefull! Tvm
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 7th Dec 2016 at 12:02 PM
Silly me! I downloaded all three before I realized they were just updated versions of the same thing!.. thanks again for your time and skill set :)
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#143 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 7:44 PM
How does it work? Change the registry and rename the EP/SPs directories?

I used it all the time with an Origin 1.67 install. Fails with a steam install.
Test Subject
#144 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
How does it work? Change the registry and rename the EP/SPs directories?

I used it all the time with an Origin 1.67 install. Fails with a steam install.

You'd have to find a way to get around the block on 3rd party app hook calls most of which with but a few exceptions are blocked by Steamworks.
Test Subject
#145 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:15 PM
Hi, It will not work properly when installed. All the game packs are greyed out and will not change. My game is patch to 1.69, however Origin's Launcher is giving me problems. By not showing all my packs in the launcher when they are installed. That's why I tried to use this mod as a solution to the problem. Which it unfortunately does not work.
Test Subject
#146 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:41 PM
Since it was last updated in 2013, I guess there's no way for this to work with Steam version? Any Game Starter works with Steam, but not with the newest expansions... This is what I get for playing outdated game : }
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#147 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 1:49 AM
I like this tool! A little technical explanation would be nice in description too. I figured out myself how it works:

Upon unselection of extension (World Adventures in this case) and pressing save, it moves registry keys:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures

To the backup path at:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims.BK\The Sims 3 World Adventures\ergc
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sims.BK\The Sims 3 World Adventures

Upon restore, it restores selected registry keys if they exist in the backup path.

This tool does work well with standalone Sims 3 installation. For those who have Steam of Origin version of the game and tool doesn't work, you could try to search need reg keys for your configuration and do manually the same. I understand it could be too difficult for regular user.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#148 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 1:39 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#149 Old 21st Dec 2020 at 9:24 AM
Not even working in 1.67 in 2020
everything is greyed out and cannot do anything.. maybe broken
Test Subject
#150 Old 20th May 2023 at 12:35 PM
Default Steam Version
Quote: Originally posted by bolto7
I like this tool! A little technical explanation would be nice in description too. I figured out myself how it works:

Upon unselection of extension (World Adventures in this case) and pressing save, it moves registry keys:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures

To the backup path at:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims.BK\The Sims 3 World Adventures\ergc
HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Sims.BK\The Sims 3 World Adventures

Upon restore, it restores selected registry keys if they exist in the backup path.

This tool does work well with standalone Sims 3 installation. For those who have Steam of Origin version of the game and tool doesn't work, you could try to search need reg keys for your configuration and do manually the same. I understand it could be too difficult for regular user.

Thanks, that's really helpful. It looks like the only difference is the non-backup file path has \Sims(Steam)\ instead of \Sims\ -- so it should be simple to edit the code for this programme to work for the steam version instead

Unfortunately I don't know if it's possible to do that, I can't find a way to get the source code. Opening it in notepad is a bunch of strange characters
Page 6 of 6