Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Enhanced Gameplay Cameras

by Tom Duhamel Posted 26th Dec 2008 at 5:52 PM - Updated 30th Aug 2011 at 2:58 AM by Tom Duhamel : Added the Known Issue statement

133 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 11:04 PM Last edited by TigerSoundNet : 21st Aug 2009 at 3:17 AM.
Thanks, I am starting to mess with pivotheightabovefloor cam-mods. But I will need user.ini or cgf files for the game, I suspect? (You know, something with Command Console stuff and the ability to create new keys, even.)

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Cameras\LiveCamera.txt

# RMB on a sim-icon to center camera and rotate level to the ground, before comparing and using
setparam pivotheightabovefloor 1 # ORIGINAL (Waistline or belt-area)
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor 2 # Over-the-head view (ONLY good for stairs?)
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor 1.5 # Face-neck area
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor 1.25 # Middle of chest
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor .5 # Middle of thigh
setparam pivotheightabovefloor 0 # Floor-level (Good for floor, spa or pool)
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor -.5 # Below floor-level (ONLY for spa or pool?)
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor -1 # Below pool-surface (1/6 of depth?)
# (At -1, get above the pool-surface to be able to select the Wall Covering)
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor -2 # Below pool-surface (over 1/2 of depth?)
# (No problem selecting the Wall Covering, with the depth of -2)
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor -3 # Below pool-surface (level with pool-floor?)
# (No problem selecting the Wall Covering, with -3. But no Flooring, yet)
# setparam pivotheightabovefloor -4 # Below pool-surface (1/2 below pool-floor?)
# (No problem selecting the Wall Covering, with -4. But still no Flooring)
# ***
# Btw, the last uncommented setparam is the one that finally sets pivotheightabovefloor
# For testing, leave the ORIGINAL one, alone and just uncomment another line, like I did
# Now, I need an in-game key to directly set pivotheightabovefloor, with a temp screen-comment?
# Later, for a First-Person at Face-neck, we will need to blurr-out the eye and mouth objects

Now, if we could use one key to toggle from ORIGINAL to Floor-level and hopefully that might please a lot of players' stratigic game-camera needs?

(If this was a QUAKE game or whatever, I could have all of these as alias names. And then simply use one key to bind and rebind, to toggle through all of them.)

But that Over-the-head view, for stairs, will need internal game-engine work. (Then we might be able to watch a sim walk down the stairs, more naturally?)

And a First-Person-Camera might take a huge amount of work?
That Face-neck position is very rough and the eyes, mouth and hair need to blurr-out. And constantly adjusting, with every step and move, might make this a very unpleasant view?

*** To kind of finish my thoughts about being able to adjust pivotheightabovefloor with an in-game key, simply think of it as a rough set of Q and E keys simular to being in Free Mode. If you want to see something at the current floor-level, such as a baby or toddler or a couple in the spa or pool, etc, you'd simply press this key to get your Floor-level view, as I presented above. ***

... Jim ...
Scholar
#52 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 12:30 PM
ThankYou for This! It seems that my Gun Mod version disables the ceiling feature that came with AL. Yours works Fine! Thanks Again!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 10:28 PM
I can't wait to try this new camera - seems to be exactly the way I always wanted it to be
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th May 2009 at 5:05 AM
Clean and simple! I've always been confused with camera hacks. This one is awesome! Thanks for making it and the simple install instructions, you rock!
Test Subject
#55 Old 25th May 2009 at 7:05 PM
thanks so much! i sometimes hate to see the old camera views in the sims 2! this really helped! :D
Test Subject
#56 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:33 PM
Thx for the mod i like it.
Test Subject
#57 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:12 AM
i accidentally pressed top down view and the screen become entirely blue. i cant see my lot anymore. when i used my back up cameras files it still dont work. any idea how to solve this?
#58 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:04 AM
all the cameras for now work fine. EXCEPT the live camera. i needed to restore that one. since i losted a beautiful lot that i was working on since in the M&G (my version its on spanish maybe there is a mini camera bug that in other languages not?) in the free camera mode if i am looking up and i try to get out the free camera mode with tab my game crashes. i try it and it crashed 2 times. apparently its the free camera its not facing the lot the normal camera cannot be reseted. here its an screenshot so you see its your camera that has problems. all my ep/sp`s are updated. and alot of personalized content. but still i replaced that camera and it never again crashed. here its the pic of my 2 crash. this was intentional since the 1 time i losted my lot. luckly it was simple so i re build it.
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/47...rlivecamera.jpg
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 3:16 PM
Thank you very much for uploading this! I often use camera mods, but have been wanting one without all the bells and whistles many others seem to have, as I am largely just a casual player. This is perfect for that. Thank you!

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."~William
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th Aug 2009 at 7:25 PM
the best cameras EVER!!! thanks man!
Test Subject
#61 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 6:42 AM
i just ofb and it dosent work anymore
Test Subject
#62 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 6:42 AM
install d
Test Subject
#63 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:04 AM
tom ... this mods awesome 2 thumbs up , give yaself a well earned pat on the back for this.
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 9:13 PM
I've never downloaded alternative cameras before but been looking a long time. This set has everything I need---one problem though. I have Mansion/Garden, and every time I go in to a neighborhood after installing the cameras, "the application terminates." I backed up the folder, of course, and put the old files back, but I really want to use the new cameras Any tips?
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 12:16 PM
Hi. I'm having issues with this and I know it's because of the camera. My game has been crashing since I put this in my game when I load up a neighborhood. I tested it in a different neighborhood and had the same luck. I took out my downloads folder and it still crashed. When I got enough sense to take out the cameras, replacing them with the maxis-ones, it stopped crashing.
I have all EPs and SPs.
Thanks for any help.

Edit: I just realized that someone else is having the same problem. I think it is because of Mansion and Garden stuff.

Nintendo Freak
Test Subject
#66 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 10:32 AM
Thank you for creating this camera mod! I'm just a player, and this mod is most suitable for me.
Can you make an addition to live and build cameras for playing with higher buildings? It's possible to play at 10th floor, but still uncomfortable.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 7:19 AM
I Will try this.

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Test Subject
#68 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:57 PM
I can't live without this!
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:37 PM
Tom,

This is absolutely brilliant! Yes, I know it's been done before, but unfortunately many of the things created before the release of the final EPs and Stuff Packs often do not work properly. So, thank you for simplifying, tweaking and improving this particular mod.

I tend to come late to the game and so downloading this mod at this time is perfect because you have updated it to perfection for me. I like having the freedom to pick and choose the features I want to install. Choice is always wonderful.

Needless to say, thank you for all the work you put into this mod, tweaking and improving it for us Simmers.

I know that people often have problems with certain cameras and certain combinations, so I will share what I'm using just for information purposes. I didn't have any other camera mods installed. I've have all EPs and Stuff Packs installed. I'm only using your CAS, Live and Neighborhood Cameras. So far, so good!

Thanks again!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#70 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 12:26 AM
Thanks ! Hope This Works

<3 iloveyou <3
Test Subject
#71 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 3:18 PM
I have downloaded this amazing camera, but after replacing the default ones in camera folder, my neigbourhood won´t load .....After putting back the deafult ones, and it works just ok.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 11:23 AM
can you make the images a bit more smaller so we don't see nothing on and what it is? ..gosh.. plz resize ur pics plz.. they are too small
Test Subject
#73 Old 5th May 2010 at 8:23 PM
You are awesome! Thank you!
Test Subject
#74 Old 22nd May 2010 at 8:34 AM
This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Unfortunately, when I try to download it I get the following message, "Unable to download getfile.php from chii.modthesims.info. A connection with the server could not be established." Is this my computer? Or am I doing something wrong? Help, please???
Test Subject
#75 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 2:48 AM
I love this!
You did an amazing job
Page 3 of 6