Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2009 at 2:20 PM Last edited by SaydeSim : 16th May 2009 at 4:05 PM.
Default Flattering, yet offensive.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...user_id=7101364<<I dunno why its not working :/

I dunno, It's flattering because someone bothered to take my stuff, but It's offensive because of my uploading terms... Mine say you can use my recolors with your sims (as in if you upload a sim you can use the hair recolor on them) but It also says not to upload to exchange...

I'm not that mad; It still has my name on it. And I don't think I'll make a fuss about getting it taken down... But It just makes me feel... <<<That's the best way to describe it.

(Oh and sorreh if this isn't "the correct place to post" this content, but where else?)

YES, I is a Nintendork!
I'm not a morning person. or an afternoon person. Acutally, im not an "anytime of the day" person.
Advertisement
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#2 Old 16th May 2009 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaydeSim
I dunno, It's flattering because someone bothered to take my stuff, but It's offensive because of my uploading terms... Mine say you can use my recolors with your sims (as in if you upload a sim you can use the hair recolor on them) but It also says not to upload to exchange...

I'm not that mad; It still has my name on it. And I don't think I'll make a fuss about getting it taken down... But It just makes me feel... <<<That's the best way to describe it.
Well, your name is part of the tooltip, so the Exchange automatically displays it. It's not a concious effort on the part of the uploader, who is probably too mentally deficient to actually understand what is happening. On the other hand, consider that it is probably counterproductive to fight the Exchange. For the vast majority of the sheep, the Exchange is the first place, and often the ONLY place, they look. They'll never hear of anything else, and if people are to be exposed to your work at ALL, it'll be at the Exchange. Where do you want people to find the good stuff, anyway? The Exchange, or TSR? So be nice to the Exchange. It may be a jumbled mass of crap, but it's the OFFICIAL jumbled mass of FREE crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#3 Old 16th May 2009 at 2:36 PM
Thats the thing about the exchange, and the people in it. They think they have talent in throwing together a bunch of CC that isnt theirs, and that usually consists of things people have asked not to upload to the exchange.

In the end, you have to know people like that can't read, so if it bothers you, you should ask for it to be taken down.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th May 2009 at 2:36 PM
I've seen a lot of sims with my stuff and without credit in that site, and in my policy I say that I want credit...

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#5 Old 16th May 2009 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aeowyn22
In the end, you have to know people like that can't read, so if it bothers you, you should ask for it to be taken down.
But that's the thing, really: You don't REALLY want it taken down. It's not really a bad thing to be on the Exchange, even if the credits wind up totally wonky. It's not as if they can READ that well. It's actually better if everything is on the Exchange. Better that the sheep see it there than end up running to TSR to find anything good. There's nothing you can really DO about it, so you may as well accept the Exchange as a force of good.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2009 at 4:13 PM
Well, i do know that you can get paysite meshes there. (Several times I downloaded some, when i had just started playing the sims 2, and I accumulated quite a collection of them unknowingly) And I guess people are bent about the lack of credit. I'm not for nor against the exchange, I don't acknowledge it and it dosen't acknowledge me.

YES, I is a Nintendork!
I'm not a morning person. or an afternoon person. Acutally, im not an "anytime of the day" person.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd May 2009 at 7:47 PM
Bahaha, I know what you mean.. I got so sick of seeing my stuff on the exchange, that I just allowed it in my rules..
And yeah, it's fine if you post that here, haha
Any bodyshop stuff is fine here. :]

~Hi, I don't do Sims much anymore, sorry! I will respond to messages when able :)~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 26th May 2009 at 5:16 AM
Its flattering I guess but it is annoying because all you want is a little respect on your TOU....
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 3:02 AM
well i have never made costom content in my life ive just made the sims face and with all the CC in it it takes a LONG time to find everyone that made it... so i think from now on when i download stuff i will have a doc. saved on my comp. telling me what was all made by do i can give credit. i have over 3,000 cc on my comp. and it's had to keep tract who it's all made by. But i will try my best for your guyes sake

~monkey02077 a.k.a. Ali~
Love, lift me out of these blues..
tell me something true...
i believe in you...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 7:14 AM
Omg it finally happened to me

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...&languageCode=8

I figured it was only a matter of time......
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 10:42 AM
It is so annoying when people do that! They could at least give some credit!

Grr.. x