Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 1:22 AM
Default Increase Existing World Size?
I have an existing world that I would like to make bigger. Is that possible or not?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 10:33 AM
in theory i guess you could export the height map, increase the size and then import it again? but i’m not sure if you’d have to start again from scratch to get this to work, sorry
dodgy builder
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2021 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omedapixel
in theory i guess you could export the height map, increase the size and then import it again? but i’m not sure if you’d have to start again from scratch to get this to work, sorry

A heightmap is just the terrain, and frankly that's just a little bit of the work you will have to do. I know Simsupply has answered this question before, so a search in this subforum might be a good idea.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 2:21 PM
Thank you for your help. I'm a dummy for not looking on this forum more. Aka I googled my question and came up with nothing hence my post. I did figure it out though by following this post if anyone else is curious: https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=453513. I simply opened a large world in S3PE and the world I wanted to expand (small world) then copied the files stated in the post from the large world and pasted them in the small world file and bam. Expanded world with all the lots and objects still there. Only catch is the terrain because I used a flat map therefore all my terrain was flat so I had to resculpt the terrain. However, it beats having to restart and having to replace everything if I reworked the heightmap.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 3:48 PM
Oh @Burnt Toaster I'd forgotten all about that thread, SandrineD was a brilliant coder and great at figuring out things for Sims 3.