Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 2:18 AM
Default What Are You Working on in CAW Now?
As so many of us are at home I had expected the site to be more busy than it is. But who knows what is going on? For those of you who are here, and working/playing in CAW nowadays, what are you working on? And what world/theme(s) do you want to make? On you wish list?

Am I the only one that even though I have, um, quite a few worlds in progress now, that I always have my mind on the next one? Somehow I do not manage to finish one before moving on? I have always wanted to do Atlantis and so that is back in my mind for the umpteenth time. I gave up on that one once in the past as was not liking how it was going so did my Greek Island one instead. I have an "ancient world" that is darn near done, but it is not Atlantis.

And am the only one that worlds take so much time and work that I kinda get bored with them before done and have to step back and return to them later?

So, what are your current CAW activities and plans and hopes?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 6:33 AM
Working on my world that I have started a year ago. Looks like this for now:

It's been a year cuz I didn't have much time to work on it before, now I have time but since I'm working on some CC and mods as well, can't progress much. Indeed it gets boring in time, especially bcuz I've decided to hand paint the whole damn thing I really want to finish this world tho cuz I can't rlly play on other worlds; I'm a bit obsessive so everything has to be the way I want :3
Tried to shape the world so that there will be enough flat space to put a lot of of big lots, while adding various landforms to keep it away from being boring. It also integrates beach, forest, suburban and city areas to be able to make use of all EPs. Hope I can finish it one day and start playing the game finally.
I would really like to share a fully finished version in the future but I'll fill it with lots with tons of CC so it won't be possible I might share an empty version when I'm done in CAW tho.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 11:49 AM
[IMG]city[/IMG]
I've been working on this one a few months, I'm trying to make a world i will play in for a long time. this is probably gonna be a long project though..
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Apr 2020 at 11:43 PM
Those are totally different and both look really good! Please share your empty world when done Slamyy! And dinadine I especially love the dock with the boats.

Yes, these are SLOW projects, but so fun to do.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 12:02 AM
I'm currently working on a city world called Pottersville. This one is taking me forever.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 12:31 AM
I really like that common area with the stairs and the fountains. It looks great!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 1:00 AM
Both the cities above look great! I admire ppl who can manage making nice looking cities. City worlds are harder to do imo.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I really like that common area with the stairs and the fountains. It looks great!

Thanks! I had a lot of issues getting routing to work properly, but I got it figured out now.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 1:01 PM
@Slamyy your world looks really nice and it totally looks like a lot of work with terrain painting
Do you already have your city/world layout in mind or are you going to build what just comes to your mind? To fill a huge world like that it probably will take a long time.

@dinadine, like daisylee, I really like your port with the boats, it looks so cozy <3 But have you tested it with snow? If the terrain is at the same level as the ocean (or really close to sealevel) you might get some terrain issues with deep snow.

personally I work with CAW for over 2 years and was never satisfied with any of my world I started with ): I edited Hylewood by Nilxis because I love it so much, but was a bit to tiny for what I had in mind for my Simmies. But I get terrain issues with deep snow. It's just a graphical issue, but it annoyed me. I discovered that my graphics card or whatever the problem is, does not like tiny or small worlds.
A few weeks ago I started building on a large Map but with just a small landmass. It's inspired by Hylewood, but not autumn-y. I'd love to share my empty version and the CAW Files if people like, but the world contains a bit of CC and when I uploaded the edited Hylewood here on MTS it was a real struggle for me I can't share the built version, because I used residential houses from other creators mostly and my world is going to contain a lot of CC.
But if anyone is interested in the empty version/CAW files, I can share it in this thread or somewhere, where it belongs. Just let me know
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
Do you already have your city/world layout in mind or are you going to build what just comes to your mind? To fill a huge world like that it probably will take a long time.
Thanks @Fluse ! It will definitely take a long time but the layout is ready at least. Actually it was the first thing I did b4 starting the world. Building lots will be the most time consuming part surely but bcuz of the details I "try" to put in terrain painting, there's a long way till I reach the building part Here are some examples:

Your world looks really nice too btw and in the picture with the port, how did you make the walls right where the sea starts?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 5:48 PM
@Slamyy your terrain paint looks so beautiful! How many paint layers have you used so far? In my world I have used... 10 or 12 different paints - some more than the recommended 8 per chunk, but I've never noticed problems with that, even with my old pc some years ago^^ Have you played your world in your actual game yet? don't know, just to test stuff? To be honest, I never test my worlds until I am done in CAW xD after I have finished I test my worlds in every season and i test routing thourougly. I hope you can make/finish your world as you want it to be. Nothing is more frustrating to spend weeks on creating it, only to come to the conclusion that you don't like the world anymore :/
About the wall: i just used the foundation tool. You have to make sharp edges with the terrain tool and then you place the foundation on the edge. omg i hope it's understandable xD english is not my mother tongue and when i re-read it again, it sounds like a donkey wrote it xD I could take pictures next time i start my game to show what i mean if its unclear^^
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 8:34 PM
@Fluse your English is perfect what r u talking about XD Your explanation was perfectly clear. I sometimes even forget that there is a foundation tool Gotta mingle more with the advanced building tutorials, otherwise my brain works really simple when it comes to building.
Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad smone actually thinks my terrain looks ok
I have 9 paint layers in total so far, tho I'll add more probably. Have maximum 7 paints in a chunk right now, but in the pictures you see I've used max 4 paints. It just increases when a chunk is covering different areas like city-forest-mountains.
I did a quick game test recently just bcuz I got curious :3 But for a thorough test I'm waiting to be completely done with routing.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
@Slamyy your world looks really nice and it totally looks like a lot of work with terrain painting

@dinadine, like daisylee, I really like your port with the boats, it looks so cozy <3 But have you tested it with snow? If the terrain is at the same level as the ocean (or really close to sealevel) you might get some terrain issues with deep snow.

personally I work with CAW for over 2 years and was never satisfied with any of my world I started with ): I edited Hylewood by Nilxis because I love it so much, but was a bit to tiny for what I had in mind for my Simmies. But I get terrain issues with deep snow. It's just a graphical issue, but it annoyed me. I discovered that my graphics card or whatever the problem is, does not like tiny or small worlds.
A few weeks ago I started building on a large Map but with just a small landmass. It's inspired by Hylewood, but not autumn-y. I'd love to share my empty version and the CAW Files if people like, but the world contains a bit of CC and when I uploaded the edited Hylewood here on MTS it was a real struggle for me I can't share the built version, because I used residential houses from other creators mostly and my world is going to contain a lot of CC.
But if anyone is interested in the empty version/CAW files, I can share it in this thread or somewhere, where it belongs. Just let me know

thanks and yes i have.... i do have the better snow mod but i do get an issue on the some elevations [IMG]city[/IMG]
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Apr 2020 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dinadine
thanks and yes i have.... i do have the better snow mod but i do get an issue on the some elevations [IMG]city[/IMG]

these are a few pics without snow.....[IMG]city[/IMG]
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 3:00 PM
@dinadine do the snow issues bother you? and have you plannend on having dive lots in your world?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Apr 2020 at 3:10 AM
no the snow is not a problem.... i love the winter but it's still the shortest season in my game and one i fill the builds in i won't notice
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 8:42 AM
I am for the first time spending real time in CAW trying to do a revamp of Lucky Palms.
Unfortunately EIG does not work no matter what troubleshooting I do so I will have to add my lots in game.
I'm also a bit worried I'm going to screw up the routing and not know until its to late, but I'll risk it.

Picture is of the rich half of town.
My sims didn't appreciate that the poor sims lived on the docks and were taking up the lake and there was no beach.
The other side of the world will be the grungier old city part.
Screenshots

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 3:31 AM
That looks good! Yes, those darn wealthy Sims always want the best locations! I always pick the lot with the best view for my Sims and then am jealous of their homes. LOL

Check your routing constantly in CAW. I learned that somewhat late in world building. Building on lots should not cause any problems as far as I know. Have fun!
Alchemist
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 6:08 PM
I actually been working on expanding Nilxis' Suvadiva Resort world. I absolutely love it to bits but as it was made more as a vacation world, it was not so suitable as a home world. So I needed to add rabbit holes, of course, but also more space for families and I ended up adding a whole new island + new lots. As I started this project I was also playing the 'Shadow of Tomb Raider' and its Cozumel area + the whole Día de los Muertos really played a big role when it comes to the theme. I also use Nilxis Uranesia lighting and it makes the water especially look amazing. He's so talented and I love his creations.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 8:34 PM
@Sorceress Supreme I would love to use your version if you're planning to share it
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
I actually been working on expanding Nilxis' Suvadiva Resort world. I absolutely love it to bits but as it was made more as a vacation world, it was not so suitable as a home world. So I needed to add rabbit holes, of course, but also more space for families and I ended up adding a whole new island + new lots. As I started this project I was also playing the 'Shadow of Tomb Raider' and its Cozumel area + the whole Día de los Muertos really played a big role when it comes to the theme. I also use Nilxis Uranesia lighting and it makes the water especially look amazing. He's so talented and I love his creations.

i can feel the warm sun on my face as i swing in the hammock and my toes tickle the sand.... when you have completed will you please share?.....
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 8:19 AM
@Sorceress Supreme your expanded Suvadiva World looks so beautiful, especially the temple <3 You are a very talented builder, imo How many lots are there in total atm?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 6:39 PM
@Sorceress Supreme, thanks for the nice words It's looking great, and I love the temple too!

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Alchemist
#24 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 7:17 PM Last edited by Sorceress Supreme : 25th Apr 2020 at 9:18 PM.
@Slamyy
@dinadine
@Fluse
@Nilxis

Oh, dear. Thank you so much guys but like I said 99% of the praise definitely goes to Nilxis. And Nilxis, thank you for the Suvadiva. I'm the kind of player that gets easily bored on a world and therefore I used to move my simmies after only a couple of generations from one town to another but this world has kept me interested. And that Uranesia lighting + water... I only wish I could go there myself. *sigh*

I've already been playtesting the extra island, so I can give the expanded version. I had to go back and change some textures to original games ones because I had use many of my own, mainly wood and stone. The fairy arboretum is still white because I in my gameplay I use the colorable rabbit holes -mod and added that after installing the world (pic below). There's now 19 residential lots and 22 community lots. I didn't touch the dive lots, the base camp, house boat and few other lots. My own 'Day of the Dead' marketplace lot is not included because I didn't want to impose all that cc on you guys.

Here is the world: http://www.mediafire.com/file/rjnlj...panded.zip/file
Here is the cc you need (not a lot, I promise): http://www.mediafire.com/file/43mv4...Jungle.zip/file

You also need to have Monte Vista, The Bakery Venue, Midnight Hollow, Roaring Heights, Sunlit Tides (shower, sauna, hot tub from Gold), the Tea Time Set, Bohemian Fruits & Nuts, The Wishing Well and the Vertical Challenge Rock Wall. Of course those will be replaced if you don't have them.

Edit: I accidentally put the string lights cc into the zip file. Those are not needed, since the market place lot is not there. Sorry about that.
Edit2: Just tested the gym. The showers needs to placed again. They are too close to each other. Silly me, I thought that particular shower doesn't need to be placed like regular shower.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 4:33 PM
That world looks great and I will have to check it out for sure! Thank you for sharing!
Page 1 of 4