Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 2:45 AM
Ok silly newb question, if I want to find the instance number for a game asset like a tank top so I can use it to override it in S4PE to a CC bikini, how do find the game instances, I found where to change it in the CC easy enough.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:15 AM
The easiest way might be to clone the parts you want to replace as default replacements using whatever tool you like. The package created from that should have the EA instance ID which you can then copy to the CC part. Not ideal but s4pe can't do previews.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#78 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:13 AM
I've tried to look everywhere online to see what could possibly be the problem with the current build of this (v0.5.1)... but I've had a few issues with no luck on finding any solutions. The first problem is when I want to choose part of a package, the software always goes to "Not responding" and freezes for several (ten or more) seconds where I have to wait before I can do anything else. If I want to bulk delete (Just using Crtl + Click or Shift + Click with no scrolling, even more so with scrolling) it'll also freeze. It basically freezes with every single action I do.

The second problem is now, after not having any changes done to my PC or installing any new mods at all to my Sims 4 game or any software or... well, anything, S4PE won't even launch. (It launched last night, but not less than 24 hours later. I didn't change anything inside of it, either). I just now tried to redownload the most recent build and reinstall it, and it still won't launch. (I've rebooted, cleared cache, all of the stuff that'd be first suggested with typical technical problems such as this). Granted, I know this is still in Beta, but I'm wondering if other people are having the same problem? There are certain packages I can't edit in S4S (Like viewing a list of animations/nonmaterial things) and I'm trying to reduce the file sizes of several packages I have so my CC isn't so cluttered in-game with stuff I'd NEVER use.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#79 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 1:51 PM
I haven't heard of or experienced this particular problem. Did you extract s4pe with 7Zip? Is this happening with all packages including the EA game packages or only certain ones? If it's only certain packages, please upload one for testing.

As for not launching, the only reason I can think of is that your antivirus may be blocking it. This sometimes happens with software that's not widely distributed.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#80 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 2:08 PM
Bug report!

Tuning files of type 'RelationshipBit' and 'SocialContextBit' are recognized wrong by S4PE.
The actual XML Tuning file type is '0x0904DF10', but for S4PE it's '0x074DFB83'.
The reason I know this is because XML Extractor for The Sims 4 by scumbumbo extracts the 'RelationshipBit' and 'SocialContextBit' files as '0x074DFB83' type (incorrect type), but they don't actually work in-game.
To properly add a new 'RelationshipBit' and/or 'SocialContextBit' you need to use the '0x0904DF10' file type (correct type).
Application Sims4Studio has this right and thanks to help from LittleMsSam I was able to figure it out.

I'm including a package file with both correct and incorrect file from the game.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  RelationshipBitTest.zip (976 Bytes, 23 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#81 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 8:39 PM
So the problem is s4pe isn't recognizing 0x0904DF10 as an XML type? I'll fix that in the next release. You should report the export problem to scumbumbo if you haven't already. Thanks for the report!

Lab Assistant
#82 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
So the problem is s4pe isn't recognizing 0x0904DF10 as an XML type? I'll fix that in the next release. You should report the export problem to scumbumbo if you haven't already. Thanks for the report!

Yes, that's pretty much it.
I would like to report it, but he wasn't online since the beginning of 2016, so yeah...
Test Subject
#83 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 2:58 AM
I haven't heard of or experienced this particular problem. Did you extract s4pe with 7Zip? Is this happening with all packages including the EA game packages or only certain ones? If it's only certain packages, please upload one for testing.

As for not launching, the only reason I can think of is that your antivirus may be blocking it. This sometimes happens with software that's not widely distributed.

I did indeed extract it with 7Zip. I even tried re-downloading, extracting, and launching it again with the same result. Yes, it is happening with all packages. It freezes whenever I try to scroll, click, or use it in any way. I also sometimes have to double-delete (Hit delete or ask to delete) something twice before it takes the command and deletes what I specified. The lag, however, I'm going to dismiss until I get a stronger PC, because this one is far outdated and could be the culprit of this. (Unless this program is supposed to work well with older PCs, then I'm unsure of what the culprit could be).

I just turned off my antivirus program and also my firewall and received the same result. This is version 0.5.1, right? I want to make sure that I'm downloading the right version.

It's quite strange. It worked for a while when I first downloaded it, but then it just stopped working suddenly a few days before I posted my last message. Do you have any other suggestions of what I could try?
Test Subject
#84 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:37 AM
Anyone seen any lists of clothing asset IDs for the base game or expansions? I want to add stockings to other categories but have no idea how to find its ID number.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#85 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artisticat
I did indeed extract it with 7Zip. I even tried re-downloading, extracting, and launching it again with the same result. Yes, it is happening with all packages. It freezes whenever I try to scroll, click, or use it in any way. I also sometimes have to double-delete (Hit delete or ask to delete) something twice before it takes the command and deletes what I specified. The lag, however, I'm going to dismiss until I get a stronger PC, because this one is far outdated and could be the culprit of this. (Unless this program is supposed to work well with older PCs, then I'm unsure of what the culprit could be).

I just turned off my antivirus program and also my firewall and received the same result. This is version 0.5.1, right? I want to make sure that I'm downloading the right version.

It's quite strange. It worked for a while when I first downloaded it, but then it just stopped working suddenly a few days before I posted my last message. Do you have any other suggestions of what I could try?

Only to try closing as many other programs as you can before running s4pe. Except firewall unless you disconnect from the internet, and AV now that you know it's not the culprit. An unprotected PC is attacked very quickly. Are you having any strange behavior or problems with other programs? That could be a virus infection.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#86 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Halstrom
Anyone seen any lists of clothing asset IDs for the base game or expansions? I want to add stockings to other categories but have no idea how to find its ID number.

Do you mean the clothing category IDs? You should ask in CAS Parts, not here in Modding Tools.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#87 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 3:20 PM
Version 0.5.2-beta released, changes are mostly to support the Cats & Dogs patch.

Test Subject
#88 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:04 PM Last edited by luvmebby : 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:22 PM.
I was having problems with s4pe crashing, I just removed all the files and downloaded all fresh, maybe my file placement isn't correct. I know there are other files that go along with s4pe that I had to download separately but I am not sure where I should put them. right now I have 1 folder with 3 subfolders, one with s4pe, and then the tools folders, surprised there isn't any instructions.

I will wait to try and use it again till after thanksgiving when Scumbumbo updates his mailbox tutorial for me. just let me know if this is correct or not first.
I didn't have that last one, when it crashed on me before.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luvmebby
I was having problems with s4pe crashing, I just removed all the files and downloaded all fresh, maybe my file placement isn't correct. I know there are other files that go along with s4pe that I had to download separately but I am not sure where I should put them. right now I have 1 folder with 3 subfolders, one with s4pe, and then the tools folders, surprised there isn't any instructions.

I will wait to try and use it again till after thanksgiving when Scumbumbo updates his mailbox tutorial for me. just let me know if this is correct or not first.
I didn't have that last one, when it crashed on me before.

You don't have to download anything separately. Just download s4pe_V0.5.2-beta.7z and extract the s4pe folder using 7-zip to any location you like. Open it and run s4pe.exe. That's all there is to it. If you have problems, maybe you used another program to extract - occasionally WinZIP etc. will work but in general you must use 7-zip.

Test Subject
#90 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:17 AM
You don't have to download anything separately. Just download s4pe_V0.5.2-beta.7z and extract the s4pe folder using 7-zip to any location you like. Open it and run s4pe.exe. That's all there is to it. If you have problems, maybe you used another program to extract - occasionally WinZIP etc. will work but in general you must use 7-zip.

I used 7-zip this time for sure, not sure about the last time. so I should be good then.
Deceased
#91 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:29 AM
Minor bug in the resource add routines, apparantly the Group and Instance fields are parsed without checking that they actually will parse. The user who found it was generating a "Could not find any recognizeable digits" exception. I couldn't reproduce that precisely but managed to get an "Additional non-parseable characters are at the end of string exception."

Steps to reproduce that:
  1. File / New
  2. Resource / Add
  3. Type "0x0" for Group and "0x0 " (extra space) for Instance
  4. OK button is greyed out invalid, but click and choose a new Type from the drop down and an exception gets thrown
  5. Continuing from the exception leaves the OK button enabled
  6. Click OK to fire the exception again
I imagine that fixing that will also fix the no recognizeable digits exception the user found as well. If not, the thread where he reported the issue is http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...281#post5306281

ETA - Just noticed he's mentioning the crashes in the messages proceeding this one
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#92 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:43 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 26th Nov 2017 at 2:28 PM.
Thanks for explaining the problem! When I saw “crashing” above I thought it meant the wrappers not loading and giving an error, fixable by unpacking with 7-zip. I will see what I can do.

Edit: The error you explained happens because of the space you're putting in the Instance field - C# throws an error when trying to parse it. Once I find the code I can try to display a more understandable message but that doesn't seem very urgent since it's basically user error. I can't replicate the error luvmebby is talking about but will post on the thread you linked for more info.

Deceased
#93 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:29 PM
I can't replicate the error luvmebby is talking about but will post on the thread you linked for more info.

@luvmebby Just a guess, but I was able to replicate that error by following the tutorial and using the letters OO instead of the numbers 00 when changing the STBL Instance number (step 3f ). I've hopefully clarified that those need to be digits not letters in the updated tutorial.
Test Subject
#94 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 8:24 PM
thanks for the update
Test Subject
#95 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:17 AM
Okay so I can not for the life of me find the s4pe.exe file when i downloaded! its not even there.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#96 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GalaxySimmer98
Okay so I can not for the life of me find the s4pe.exe file when i downloaded! its not even there.

Did you download s4pe_V0.5.2-beta.7z and extract it with 7-ZIP? If so please upload a screengrab of the extracted files.

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:28 AM
S4PE download compromised? Getting warning about W32/eldorado when extracting the 7z.
Sorry, I know this thread's been quiet for some time now, but I think this issue is critical enough to warrant raising the dead.

My antivirus, System Mechanic and Windows 10 are quarantining the S4PE build executive as an instance of the W32/S-a3245829!Eldorado trojan whenever I try to extract the 7z archive. For whatever it's worth, everything on my end (Windows, my antivirus, even Firefox) is current and up-to-date as of this afternoon (5.25.2018), and I haven't downloaded anything in recently except s4pe today. Working on disinfecting my pc now. :/

I attached a quick screenshot below of my antivirus' warning/alert popup. (If any further info is needed I'll reply asap.) Not sure if this was any help, or if anything can even be done, but it's worth a shot.
Screenshots

(( ))
// \\ Pass the pink ribbon around if you know someone living with, has survived, or passed away from cancer.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#98 Old 26th May 2018 at 1:43 PM
All I can do is assure you that there are no viruses in s4pe. False positives aren't uncommon, especially with software that's not widely used. However, the specific file your AV is objecting to is used only to build s4pe and isn't necessary for it to run, and I've removed it from the download if you want to try again. In fact it's possible it got flagged because it builds other executables and I'll have to remember to remove it in the future.

Lab Assistant
#99 Old 30th May 2018 at 7:01 PM
All I can do is assure you that there are no viruses in s4pe. False positives aren't uncommon, especially with software that's not widely used. However, the specific file your AV is objecting to is used only to build s4pe and isn't necessary for it to run, and I've removed it from the download if you want to try again. In fact it's possible it got flagged because it builds other executables and I'll have to remember to remove it in the future.

Okay, that's good to know! I'm not particularly experienced with sites like github & how they work (like if the content on a page can only be updated by the OP), so I wasn't sure if someone else had "updated" the file with that added, or if perhaps an ad on the site was getting friendly, or something else. I'll redownload s4pe tonight and give it another try for sure. I'll also check if my antivirus has some sort of whitelist or "this program is fine please ignore it" feature and add s4pe so it doesn't do that again.

(( ))
// \\ Pass the pink ribbon around if you know someone living with, has survived, or passed away from cancer.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#100 Old 30th May 2018 at 11:34 PM
Valid questions - yes, on Github only the owner of the project or someone granted shared control can provide a download or change code. Of course as with everything on the Internet hacking is possible, so I'd certainly prefer that s4pe not trigger any AVs.

Page 4 of 10