Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less Apparition (Updated 30/08/21)

by beestew Posted 11th Jun 2021 at 9:54 AM - Updated 30th Aug 2021 at 3:20 PM by BartekStu

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 11:33 AM
Bart, what a smashing idea for a mod.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 2:37 PM
This is a wonderful idea - to have items in a sim's inventory so they can actually do stuff ... would have been cool to have pillow and water balloon items too, but this is so brilliant! Can't wait to try it out - thank you so much!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
This is a wonderful idea - to have items in a sim's inventory so they can actually do stuff ... would have been cool to have pillow and water balloon items too, but this is so brilliant! Can't wait to try it out - thank you so much!

You might be interested in the Annoying Games Suite from Simlogical (http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_AGS.htm), as it includes permission objects for both the pillow and water balloon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 7:32 PM
Great mod idea, thank you! Adds more meaning to these actions <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 9:24 PM
YES! I've been using Simlogical's AGS for years, but it doesn't include jump-roping. I tried multiple times to add it, but it was just so far beyond my modding capabilities. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#7 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 11:49 PM
Does this make the items sellable and/or recolorable? This is so cool!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 1:43 PM
Thank you for this, it´s so amazing! Would it be possible to have all the items as a collection file? I am having a little bit trouble looking for them in the catalogue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RheiaM
Thank you for this, it´s so amazing! Would it be possible to have all the items as a collection file? I am having a little bit trouble looking for them in the catalogue.

Making a collection file is a great idea! I will include one in a short while

Quote: Originally posted by flufybunn
Does this make the items sellable and/or recolorable? This is so cool!!

It does not make the items recolourable unfortunately, though you could make recolours for them with the standard method, I think? The thing is, if you recoloured the token rope that comes with this mod, you would also have to recolour the accessory rope that spawns when Sims begin to jump rope, and in turn implement some code that tells the rope that spawns to match the colour of the rope in the inventory. I am not interested in making that, really!

The items cannot be set for sale as of now by design. I will look into making them sellable in a future update though!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 10:17 PM
What an amazing mod! It reminds me of MorePopcorn's 4T2 Seasons Water Balloon Bucket Conversion and mod so I'll be definitely using all these along with that! I think it would be a cool addition if this mod could alter wants slightly too, like make them less likely to want to do these interactions if they don't have the requirements unless its their hobby or something, particularly the personality requirements for freestyling.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:38 PM
Just Reporting some Conflicts:

Shovel for Dig for Treasure:
Pescado's Vacation Fixes
Cyjon's No Visitor Chores

Binoculars for Bird Watching:
The Traits Project: Sims who hate the outdoors won't autonomously birdwatch
Nopke's Sensible Birdwatching

Bug Jar for Catching Bugs:
Nopke's Insect Sanity
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BellaDovah
Just Reporting some Conflicts:

Shovel for Dig for Treasure:
Pescado's Vacation Fixes
Cyjon's No Visitor Chores

Binoculars for Bird Watching:
The Traits Project: Sims who hate the outdoors won't autonomously birdwatch
Nopke's Sensible Birdwatching

Bug Jar for Catching Bugs:
Nopke's Insect Sanity

Thanks for letting me know about these, I'll add them to the list!

What an amazing mod! It reminds me of MorePopcorn's 4T2 Seasons Water Balloon Bucket Conversion and mod so I'll be definitely using all these along with that! I think it would be a cool addition if this mod could alter wants slightly too, like make them less likely to want to do these interactions if they don't have the requirements unless its their hobby or something, particularly the personality requirements for freestyling.

I may look into this, if the Want Trees don't end up being a pain to work with I may include this in a separate archive on this download.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 4:10 PM
Thanks so much! Glad I could be of help! I've let Nopke know about this too so perhaps they might work on conflict resolution too - I think they'd be so awesome to pair together
Theorist
#14 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 12:25 PM
Do the unavailable interactions show up greyed-out (such as, for instance, Influence To interactions when the influencer has insufficient influence points), or do they just not appear in the menu?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Do the unavailable interactions show up greyed-out (such as, for instance, Influence To interactions when the influencer has insufficient influence points), or do they just not appear in the menu?

They are removed from the menu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 8:44 AM
Would it be possible to do this for the bon voyage camera and the basketball
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jacobanthonyoconnor
Would it be possible to do this for the bon voyage camera and the basketball

Hi! I'm almost certain somebody on tumblr has done a camera mod like that, which is why I refrained from doing it myself. If only I could find it again...

I'm kind of content with the Freetime basketball being spawned out of nowhere as you need to purchase a basketball hoop, so presumably the ball comes with it. I shan't be adding it, so! :p
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 11:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BartekStu
Hi! I'm almost certain somebody on tumblr has done a camera mod like that, which is why I refrained from doing it myself. If only I could find it again...

I'm kind of content with the Freetime basketball being spawned out of nowhere as you need to purchase a basketball hoop, so presumably the ball comes with it. I shan't be adding it, so! :p

that makes sense, I thought that's probably why you didn't add the basketball, and I don't expect you to add the camera, but if you do end up doing it or find the tumblr mod please send me a message, hopefully Ill find it myself though.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 5:37 PM
I'm really looking forward to when you make these items sellable/giftable, with (I presume) the appropriate attraction to these items as desirable objects, not just tokens. It will be so cool for an athletic sim to be able to give their child a baseball so that they can play, and have the child be all excited and happy, or for a nature sim to be given binoculars and be delighted with the gift and the giver. So much enhanced game play is dancing on the horizon!
Theorist
#21 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 11:37 AM
Ooh, I thought of something. The interaction is called "dig for treasure" - and it would be pretty pointless to dig in your backyard and expect to find treasure there.

When plundering the captain's cabin on the pirate ship, there's a chance that the sim may find a treasure map (meaning, not the map to one of the hidden lots) - and maybe make the requirement for dig for treasure to be the shovel + the treasure map?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 5:14 PM
sorry to ask but do you know where that camera mod is?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by croiduire
I'm really looking forward to when you make these items sellable/giftable, with (I presume) the appropriate attraction to these items as desirable objects, not just tokens. It will be so cool for an athletic sim to be able to give their child a baseball so that they can play, and have the child be all excited and happy, or for a nature sim to be given binoculars and be delighted with the gift and the giver. So much enhanced game play is dancing on the horizon!

I'd really really love to be able to gift these items too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 9:33 AM
I'd really really love to be able to gift these items too.

Quote: Originally posted by croiduire

I will look into making the items giftable as that should be fairly easy - I most likely will not add additional reactions based on Hobby enthusiasm as that would require a global mod.

Quote: Originally posted by topp
Ooh, I thought of something. The interaction is called "dig for treasure" - and it would be pretty pointless to dig in your backyard and expect to find treasure there.

When plundering the captain's cabin on the pirate ship, there's a chance that the sim may find a treasure map (meaning, not the map to one of the hidden lots) - and maybe make the requirement for dig for treasure to be the shovel + the treasure map?

Interesting suggestion! It would be neat to give that treasure map functionality if it doesn't have any. I may look into it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 12:14 AM
This is a nice touch that makes the game a bit more realistic!
Page 1 of 2