Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#201 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 4:35 AM
Fergie, I actually been trying to upload my townhouse but its rejected twice already! just need to work n the interior!

Johnny, thanks I actually did the stairs first and then built the tower around it!

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Scholar
#202 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 3:00 PM
Then allow me to recommend the Creator Feedback Forum. Getting advice there will help avoid going through the uploads process unnecesarily.
Forum Resident
#203 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 3:51 AM
Yea I forgot about the Creator Feedback forums! Thanks for the reminder!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#204 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:05 PM
Is the new layout still confusing anyone of you? It's still a labyrinth for me

I come in peace
#205 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Is the new layout still confusing anyone of you? It's still a labyrinth for me

At first it was cause it changed all of a sudden. But now I am getting use to it. Little by little tho.

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#206 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 12:40 PM Last edited by Fergie_F : 28th Sep 2013 at 8:23 PM.
I find some areas are easier to navigate than others. For the more difficult ones I go back to the older version so I can find them. But other than that, I'm pretty much used to the new design.
***Edit***
I've also done some more work on my litlle white Gothic Revival; Summertime Sadness. I've set it in the kind of landscape in which it appeared in my dreams.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#207 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 4:39 AM
I really like your Gothic Revival house, Fergie! Its turning into quite a home!

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#208 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 1:26 PM
Looks really nice, I love the location!

Ahh don't you guys hate it when you build a nice house, and the realize it looks better on a hill but you can't raise the terrain because you've used CFE and already placed all the windows, doors stairs and added the roof? Because it happened to me -.-

I come in peace
#209 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Ahh don't you guys hate it when you build a nice house, and the realize it looks better on a hill but you can't raise the terrain because you've used CFE and already placed all the windows, doors stairs and added the roof? Because it happened to me -.-

'tis one of the banes of creating beauty in the game.

I've done some more work on my latest beach house; I've done some landscaping and added a garden to the side. However this has made it a lot more cheerful than I originally intended it to be. I've then been working some more on my Queenslander, both inside and out. I have so many lots I want to finish and upload, but so little time to do them. On most of them I've finished the exteriors and haven't done anything to the interiors. I should probably make the effort to finish the interiors before building more exteriors and landscaping around them.
Alchemist
#210 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 1:32 PM
Ohh Fergus I know what it feels like to have so many unfinished lots, but my problem is that I don't have any inspiration.

I've started another 60's house inspired by Mafia II:

Screenshots

I come in peace
#211 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 4:32 AM
This one looks really good! The roof looks good and the colors are great!

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#212 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 8:49 PM
Yay for the 60's!
Alchemist
#213 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 9:41 PM
Oh Fergus' Mind. That's a nice name Yeah 60's modern architecture is quiet awesome!

I come in peace
#214 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 10:54 PM
Thanks. The 60's wasn't as good a time for architecture in England as it was elsewhere. Tasteful 1960's architecture is very hard to find in England.
Alchemist
#215 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 11:57 AM
So the 60's were good in the USA, I assume. Because in Germany, at the coastal regions, the 60's brought tiny, identical looking houses. Lot's of 'em. I can show you guys a picture as I live next to a street full of these.

I come in peace
#216 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 2:46 PM
Same. We get the joys of fugly blocks of flats too:

Forum Resident
#217 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 3:10 AM
Yikes! Fergus now that is blaw! haha

Any how I started a new house which I a barn I converted into a Home! ANd I have been wanted to do this for awhile now! I got inspiration from pinterest of course!
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Scholar
#218 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Yikes! Fergus now that is blaw! haha

Any how I started a new house which I a barn I converted into a Home! ANd I have been wanted to do this for awhile now! I got inspiration from pinterest of course!

Barns really are quite fascinating. I love how whimsical and quaint they can be.
I find old/historic barns quite interesting. Our farm back home used to have quite a lot of good looking ones. But my dad has since demolished them and replaced them with rather fugly modern looking ones.
In England our old barns look more like these:

There's a barn conversion for sale back in my home village, as seen here. Admitedly, I've always been fond of the main house which can be seen in the background of one of the listing pics and the adjoining carriage house. I've never been too fond of barn conversions. I want my houses to look like houses and my barns/churches to look like barns/churches. But I do see the occassional conversion I do like.
But I really like the look of your barn conversion. I look forward to seeing how you do the interior.
Alchemist
#219 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 11:58 PM
Fergus, if these barns aren't good enough to forget about the awful Brit architecture in the 60's, then IDK.

I actually live in a converted barn, but, it's nothing special, our barns are all the same.

I come in peace
#220 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 5:36 AM
YOU LIVE IN A CONVERTED BARN?! AS A HOUSE?!

THATS AMAZING!

WHY HAVE I NEVER KNOWN THIS ABOUT YOU?

(Apologies ahead of time for the caps)

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Alchemist
#221 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 16th Oct 2013 at 4:20 PM.
I can make some pictures but it's actually nothing interesting, really.

It was converted in the 60's. In comparison to the little houses made then this was a villa

Pictures
Screenshots

I come in peace
#222 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 5:38 PM
That's quite nice actually, especially if you grew some of that ivy on it. It reminds me of a few new build houses in my area. It does looks quite nice though, it's probably a lot more sturdy than the new builds. I like the brickwork on parts of it, which gives an older more inviting vibe. Are those windows up on the rear side original?
Alchemist
#223 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 6:45 PM
Yes, those are the original barn windows.

I come in peace
#224 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 6:58 PM
That's quite fancy then. Barns don't have proper windows over here, atleast old barns don't. They normally just have shutters or holes in the walls.
Alchemist
#225 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 8:16 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 16th Oct 2013 at 11:33 PM.
But therefor they aren't just brick rectangles
I think windows in the barn was about status. There are plenty of barns which have "modern" windows (added in 19xx)
We have one driveway but there are four buildings which made up a farm. 2 (converted) barns, a (converted & extended) windmill and a house, so I guess the farmer was pretty rich. Hence the windows in the barns.

Edit:
Having a problem again:
I can't get the friggin stairs to be placed here. Tried removing walls, windows and columns which might be "crossing" the stairs but now it says "ceiling to low"

But that fuckface works in the other direction.
Screenshots

I come in peace

Page 9 of 98