2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2751 Old 3rd Jan 2023 at 3:12 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but since I've had COVID, I've been binging Antisocial Bunny's Asylum series. It is hilarious and so well done. https://www.youtube.com/@antisocialbunbun
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2752 Old 11th Jan 2023 at 2:17 AM
Almighty Hat posted a set of clothing and accessories for those who like to have cloven hoofed people in their game:
Deer Season

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#2753 Old 11th Jan 2023 at 4:50 AM
lovely! Between the merfolk, toneless vampires, lycans, fae and ordinary Sims it had been hard to remember who is what. Now for the Satyrs it'll be just that bit easier.
Forum Resident
#2754 Old 11th Jan 2023 at 6:36 AM
I love the phones that have come out lately
Mad Poster
#2755 Old 11th Jan 2023 at 10:01 PM
I love the new phones and also a new Mod to fix the washrooms with a few customizable options to fix things.
Theorist
#2756 Old 13th Jan 2023 at 2:12 PM
I like Spire house by Karen Lorraine

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Instructor
#2757 Old 14th Jan 2023 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but since I've had COVID, I've been binging Antisocial Bunny's Asylum series. It is hilarious and so well done. https://www.youtube.com/@antisocialbunbun

To add to this, Antisocial Bunny just released an amazing new machinima worth checking out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoN...AntisocialBunny
Top Secret Researcher
#2758 Old 16th Jan 2023 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Aa deep-dive into TS2 hood corruption - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cB67DGDXFQ

That was amazing. A must-see to be frank.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#2759 Old 21st Jan 2023 at 6:31 PM
I haven't tried it yet, you guys, but this should make life so much quicker for neighborhood building! https://modthesims.info/d/673513/memory-commander.html

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#2760 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 7:00 PM
I didn't find this, but I compiled a list of random occurrence scenarios from various sources and my own ideas: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...?usp=share_link. I use this to shake up my Sims' lives and do things in the game that I don't normally do or get a want for. There are 180 items on the list. You're free to make a copy for yourself and then modify as you like. It's a Google spreadsheet, so you can just use a number randomizer to roll a scenario. Just note that there are many items that require a mod, usually the batbox, Sim blender or Monique's hacked computer, although some require specialized mods.
Mad Poster
#2761 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 7:07 PM
There is a randomiser function within Google Sheets too Just make a cell with the text "=RANDBETWEEN(1;180)" - to make it recalculate, just click into the cell and press enter.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2762 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I haven't tried it yet, you guys, but this should make life so much quicker for neighborhood building! https://modthesims.info/d/673513/memory-commander.html

There is already a similar mod been out for some years, the Memory manipulator. This one may be easier to use, haven't tried it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#2763 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 11:29 PM
@sturlington thanks so much for sharing! I was looking for a random occurrence list just the other day so perfect timing.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2764 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is already a similar mod been out for some years, the Memory manipulator. This one may be easier to use, haven't tried it.

Because options are always nice. Memory Manipulator. Also lots of other useful stuff there.
Scholar
#2765 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 2:01 PM
I think these mods are pretty old, but I just discovered them, and they have transformed my game, so I wanted to share in case anyone is looking for something similar. They make your elders walk "normal": https://sims2packrat.tumblr.com/pos...alk-like-adults

This is especially great for my game because with my changed lifespans, elderhood represents moving into middle age for my Sims. So it's wonderful that they don't look so decrepit anymore! Other useful mods are Elders Sleep Through the Night and Elders Can Wear YA/Adult Clothes, both of which I got from here.
Mad Poster
#2766 Old 10th Feb 2023 at 10:37 PM
Neptun7878 has shared a lot of links to Soviet era CC in this and the following posts in the Help thread they started about communist-themed CC.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#2767 Old 12th Feb 2023 at 11:27 PM
This may be old news, but I discovered a custom neighborhood made by LordCrumps which is a mixture of Veronaville and Pleasantview: Veronaview! It uses Veronaville's SC4 as a base and it's uninhabited, but it's supposed to be filled with the characters from the two premade hoods.
Link: https://www.tumblr.com/lordcrumps/7...-but-reimagined
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2769 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 2:37 PM
@jDacapo This was posted back in December too:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....128#post5869128
Really good video to watch! I hope that people will not worry about their games so much in future. But still, backup often! Game Help:Back Upswiki
Mad Poster
#2770 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 11:07 PM
Oops dinna mean to post something that was already shared, but wow... This just blew my mind so much. I mean, this is like when I told my mom about things I learned about bolete, chanterelle, morel, and lion's mane mushrooms being safe to hunt and easy to identify. She got so angry and scared, but I think she's opening her mind a little about it. I just really like sharing my knowledge.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@jDacapo This was posted back in December too:
https://modthesims.info/showthread....128#post5869128
Really good video to watch! I hope that people will not worry about their games so much in future. But still, backup often! Game Help:Back Upswiki
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2771 Old 15th Feb 2023 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Oops dinna mean to post something that was already shared, but wow...

It's okay, the more that post about it the more people that will know!

I've been trying to convey this for a long time, but every time someone like Chris Hatch or Kestrellyn or even just little old me would post, we'd get a bit drowned out by the other more eloquent posters yelling about neighbourhoods being toast! It took someone who was great at making videos to collate all the information, and research the facts, and talk about it in a way that people understood. She really did the work!
Mad Poster
#2772 Old 16th Feb 2023 at 9:36 AM
Kinda reminds me of my mom and anyone else insisting that the only mushrooms guaranteed to be safe are the ones you buy at the grocery store. That's a myth. The truth is, if you avoid any mushroom that looks like an amanita, you're probably going to be alright and if you make a mistake with chanterelle, morel, bolete, or lion's mane, the worst you're likely to get is tummy trouble and the poopsies. Maybe just one or two people died from bad boletes, and that was due to intestinal injury - not a destroyed liver (which happens when you eat a poison amanita).

Besides that, if you use a field guide when hunting mushrooms, and you study the different species and maybe keep to the less dangerous ones, you're more likely to win the lottery five times in a row than you are to die from eating the wild mushrooms.

The worst offenders in mushroom poisoning deaths are amanitas. There are others, but generally the amanitas are the ones killing people off, and a lot of people from Asia died from eating poison amanitas (and some are safe and not deadly after being boiled several times) because they mistook the deadly mushrooms for safe ones from their homelands.

The point is, you need to think and use discernment with information, rather than playing a form of 'telephome' and distorting it. Yes, there are plenty of lookalike mushrooms, but not all mushrooms look the same and there are plenty of ways to tell - like slimy white cap with a bulging lower stem and white gills and spores, and even a turpentine smell for some deadly amanitas.

And there are plenty of things that do contribute to hood corruption in Sims 2 - like overpopulation - but deleting Sims is perfectly safe. The problem is the telephone game effect and hysteria. Being careful is great, but also be sensible in your caution. Delete long dead Sims with Pescado's batbox to make way for new ones, back up your hoods, and take care to not reset the Sim creation index, and you're good to go.

I even bought into the whole deleting Sims bad bit, but that video really opened my eyes. Also, do you know that the majority of chanterelle, morel, and bolete mushrooms you can buy in the grocery store are wild-picked? Kinda mind-blowing.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's okay, the more that post about it the more people that will know!

I've been trying to convey this for a long time, but every time someone like Chris Hatch or Kestrellyn or even just little old me would post, we'd get a bit drowned out by the other more eloquent posters yelling about neighbourhoods being toast! It took someone who was great at making videos to collate all the information, and research the facts, and talk about it in a way that people understood. She really did the work!
Instructor
#2773 Old 16th Feb 2023 at 10:36 AM
I don't want to hijack the thread, but good heavens, know what you're doing if you forage for mushrooms! Here in Sweden we're used to picking and eating mushrooms, but mushroom picking guides are a must. There are so many species that can give you severe liver and kidney damage, so many more species than just amanitas! And morels are not safe unless you cook them right and even then, you're running the risk of liver and kidney damage if you eat them regularly. Of course most chanterelles are safe, but there are species of chanterelle that are not and the first symptoms of poisoning are just stomach aches but if you continue to make the same mistake the consequences will be serious. Pick mushrooms, eat mushrooms, just know what you're doing!
But by all means don't be paranoid about either mushrooms or Sims 2 corruption .
*steps down from soap box*
Instructor
#2774 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 3:23 AM
All mushrooms are edible, some only once.

There's not really much during normal gameplay that will cause corruption, even overpopulation isn't really a problem most players not on Mac will experience imo, unless there has been a lot of moving around of Sims between different neighbourhoods. The game is far more robust than what was the general consensus just a few years back.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#2775 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 3:50 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Feb 2023 at 5:16 AM.
In my experience, the game has always felt quite robust, and you really have to screw things up to get to a point where things won't work any longer (some people may be better at getting to that point, though).

I've only had a few instances of lots I had to abandon because of something gone wrong (not necessarily corruption, but maybe an extremely random bug that only happened once but kept repeating itself, or a sim I couldn't fix, or a lot that kept throwing errors, or some such). A lot of the issues I had happened when I was new-ish to the game and didn't know what could cause problems. More often than not, something I did was likely the cause, or at least the catalyst of those problems (even if I didn't know what I did back then, I at least have some clue now).

I think that's a hard nut to swallow for a lot of people - they will insist something is wrong with the game and that they didn't do anything wrong, but when you dig deeper, you'll find they've messed around a bit too much with a volatile mod, or boolpropped a bit too hard without realizing what they were doing (some things you can do with the default BP options and similar mods can cause some issues and visual glitches ingame - I have during a test managed to completely mess up a family tree so it almost inverted in on itself, for instance), piled on mods that aren't compatible (which is usually the N1 cause for errors and crashes), they've done the things even the video about corruption says you probably should still avoid, they've moved files they weren't supposed to move, messed about with something best kept alone in the install files, or you name it. Thinking what they did was fine, of course. A lot of the "corruption" tend to be user error and can often be fixed with a bit of patience and a good description of what led up to the issue - and if it can't... well, that's what you've got backups for.
Page 111 of 119