Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

s3lc (Language Changer)

by MarkJS Posted 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:30 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:56 PM by Nysha

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th Dec 2010 at 2:50 AM
Thanks to jonha this tool is now updated to auto identify according to one's SKU.

Quote: Originally posted by CIOBYNHOSIMS
When you install The Sims 3 Region select from Romania, but then do the update when I get into the tools and select the Romanian language ... and when I save to get into The Sims 3 luncher I get an error and can not get into game than the executable but the language does not change. please help me, and me somehow. thanks

I don't understand what you mean, in case you did not had the correct SKU you should try v1.0.1.0 now.

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xecari
Thanks so much for this! I'm Brazilian but living in the US, and now I can finally play the game in Portuguese!

Edit: There's a problem...when I switched the language to Portuguese, the launcher and loading screen were instantly translated and great. In terms of the actual game, though, (including aspirations, wishes, relationships, menu options, you name it) nothing worked. All I got were blank boxes! I switched it back to U.S. English, and it all works again. What could be wrong?

I had the same trouble with changing my copy to Russian.

After a little trial and error I think I've figured out what causes it, but not how to fix it.

While changing the SKU with regedit to, for example 7, allows you to get access to languages not normally available in your region. Any language not in your SKU, however, will give you nothing but blank boxes after the loader. Yours, being a SKU 1 will handle English, French, and Spanish fine, but any other language will be blank.

It seems possible that whatever region's copy you installed simply doesn't have the languages in the software.

I have no idea how to fix that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kingfunkster
I had the same trouble with changing my copy to Russian.

After a little trial and error I think I've figured out what causes it, but not how to fix it.

While changing the SKU with regedit to, for example 7, allows you to get access to languages not normally available in your region. Any language not in your SKU, however, will give you nothing but blank boxes after the loader. Yours, being a SKU 1 will handle English, French, and Spanish fine, but any other language will be blank.

It seems possible that whatever region's copy you installed simply doesn't have the languages in the software.

I have no idea how to fix that.

For what purpose you are changing your SKU value in registry?

You are not supposed to do something like that, as this will most likely break your game.
It will make the game think you have access to other files when you actually don't.

You should not change your SKU for any reason, if you do, don't attempt to change to a language it's not available for you.

“One small step for man, one blocked path for sim-kind.” - awtmk@blogspot | S-Club Privée
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 5:02 PM
Thank you for your hard work! This is a m a z i n g! :D

After I change the language, if I wish, How can I return to normal? Like i've never change anything?

Sorry for my poor english :C
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 7:49 PM
Thank you chantalwapa!

Yes you can toggle the languages as much as you want.
In case you save, the game might cache some menus in the old language, but once you save again it will rewrite and function as it should.
You just have to change the language and reopen the game again.

Test Subject
#31 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 2:44 AM
I wanna thank you for this application! Is very useful.

Although, I have a request/suggestion. The SKU1 (American) changes the language to European Spanish if I put it in Spanish, when it should put it in Latinamerican Spanish (es-mx)

Is there anyway you can put both in the program? I seem to be unable to put my game in my spanish again
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 5:59 PM
Thank you sebigut119.

I will add that as soon as possible.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 1:16 AM
Update: v1.0.1.13 available
Changes in main page.

Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:10 PM
When i opened it up only five languages popped up and in the picture there is more. Why is this?
Test Subject
#35 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 1:25 PM
Eh I'd love to see a Bulgarian language in it..Can you please add Bulgarian.It would help a lot!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dee1nOnly
When i opened it up only five languages popped up and in the picture there is more. Why is this?

The tool will show only the languages available for your current SKU.

Quote: Originally posted by Kiss_10
Eh I'd love to see a Bulgarian language in it..Can you please add Bulgarian.It would help a lot!

I am not aware the game have that language, it's not in the Wiki either. If you could provide me the language string, I would.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 6:38 PM
dank je wel
Test Subject
#38 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 4:19 PM
Will you be adding Japanese anytime soon? My English isn't the best and it would be a big help if you added Japanese ~ Keoko
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Mar 2011 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katerbrom
dank je wel
yw. : )

Quote: Originally posted by edlan97
Will you be adding Japanese anytime soon? My English isn't the best and it would be a big help if you added Japanese ~ Keoko

Hi edlan97! Japanese language is already available on this tool, however the game have it only available in SKU5 (Japan) and SKU7 (Digital Download).

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#40 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 10:33 AM
You totally made my day with this one, thanks so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 12:18 PM
I have problem with this program.
When i change lanuage from English to Polish it worked. But whan i change lanuage again to English i have problem with start game. I have communication... (i don't know how it sound in enaglish exactly) "program sims 3 hasn't been worked". It is with any lanuage.
Test Subject
#42 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 5:44 PM
May I see korean language in the new version, Please?
Test Subject
#43 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pawlq
I have problem with this program.
When i change lanuage from English to Polish it worked. But whan i change lanuage again to English i have problem with start game. I have communication... (i don't know how it sound in enaglish exactly) "program sims 3 hasn't been worked". It is with any lanuage.

have the same problem... any help?
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 12:37 AM
hey is japanese one of the languages, if not could you add it please?
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 9:34 PM
Default dfjugigaoigf
Just a question: Can you turn it back to Simlish?
Test Subject
#46 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 12:56 PM
I've got an iMac. How do I change the language?
Test Subject
#47 Old 11th Feb 2012 at 4:13 AM
I try to boot up the game in Chinese, and it won't start at all. I have a digital copy, so I don't know why. It works in French and German, but Chinese just won't load.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 8:06 PM
And not a single reply was given
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:58 AM Last edited by Assassins : 1st Apr 2012 at 10:16 AM.
Hey MarkJS
Can you make a update, where is chance the foldername to. ???
Or maby make a separat programs to do it. ???
but i think there are alot in the regedit string the program have to rename.
I love your "Language Changer"

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Drømmejob
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Lev Livet
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Generations

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Aftenunderholdning
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Kæledyr
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Pets

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Rampelys
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Showtime

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Verdenseventyr
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fuld Gas Xtra pakke
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Luksuriøs Indretning Xtra pakke
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Sove- og Badeværelse Xtra pakke
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Master Suite Stuff

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Udendørsluksus Xtra pakke
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Outdoor Living Stuff

in Danish the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Byliv Xtra pakke
in English the folder fx is : %ProgramFiles%\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 3rd Jun 2012 at 11:54 AM
Greetings! I installed my game three years ago, in Swedish (for some... peculiar reason), and I've been playing other games, such Sims 2 in English -- naturally I'd want Sims 3 in English as well, but there's a slight problem. I downloaded the the thing, changed to English (Great Britain), closed it to save the changes, and opened the launcher, which now isn't working! I tried rebooting the computer -- same problem. I went to see if the direct shortcut in the TSBIN folder was working, but no.

In other words, my game crashes before I even get a chance to see the loading screen! How can this be fixed?
Page 2 of 4