Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

s3lc (Language Changer)

by MarkJS Posted 2nd Nov 2010 at 8:30 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 2:56 PM by Nysha

84 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Here is a code extract from my AnyGameStarter3 program, which shows all the available languages per game region. You may want to put that in your program, too, or just use it for documentation:

Sku1Languages = English, French, Spanish
Sku2Languages = English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, PortugueseBrazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Sku3Languages = English, ChineseTraditional, Korean
Sku5Languages = Japanese
Sku7Languages = English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, PortugueseBrazilian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Japanese, ChineseTraditional, Korean, Thai

Sku1 = American
Sku2 = Worldwide
Sku3 = Asian
Sku5 = Japanese
Sku7 = Digital Download

Interestingly, the Thai language seems to be only in the Digital Download version. As I don't have a Thai edition of the game, i can't check myself if this is correct, or if Thai maybe uses Sku6.

considering this list, whatever SKU that has english, has both U.S.A and U.K. english, or just one of them?
for example, SKU1 being american version, does it only have american english?
and worldwide/digital has both?
this might help some people better to change the language, like the spanish versions avaiable on each sku also, since they are slightly diferent.
afterall, im portuguese, and for some weird reason both european portuguese and brasilian portuguese are clearly distinguished on the list lol. and i thought euro portuguese were the less recognized on gaming industry ^^
Test Subject
#52 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nisse
Greetings! I installed my game three years ago, in Swedish (for some... peculiar reason), and I've been playing other games, such Sims 2 in English -- naturally I'd want Sims 3 in English as well, but there's a slight problem. I downloaded the the thing, changed to English (Great Britain), closed it to save the changes, and opened the launcher, which now isn't working! I tried rebooting the computer -- same problem. I went to see if the direct shortcut in the TSBIN folder was working, but no.

In other words, my game crashes before I even get a chance to see the loading screen! How can this be fixed?

I have this problem too... I do have framenetwork.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:30 PM
How can I get languages other than French, Spanish, and Englisch? I'm German....
Scholar
#54 Old 18th Aug 2012 at 11:21 PM
are there Greek?
Test Subject
#55 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:10 PM
WARNING! This mod works BUT! If you change the language your whole game will be reset! BUT! go to Documents>Electronics Arts> Sims 3 You'll see 2 maps, one of your default language and a new folder. Copy all the files from the default language folder to the new one.
Likee this: My default language is Dutch, I've changed my sims to English. Now I got two files: De Sims 3 and The Sims 3. What I do is copy the files from De Sims 3 to The Sims 3 and done :D

Hope it helped
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 1:14 PM
I have Windows 7 and when I run the file s3lc.exe shows the error like this:
Code:
Exception @ "U2V0dGluZ3MuY3M= 37";

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

w s3lc.Settings.Read()

How to solve this problem?
Test Subject
#57 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 4:49 AM
Hi French version dont work :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 4:38 PM
Broken links.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#59 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:01 PM
Does't works.
When I chenged language form polish to english (GB) that game is't runing.
I have error: Program Sims3.exe does't work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 3:01 PM
I have Windows 7 and when I run the file s3lc.exe shows the error like this:

Code:

Exception @ "U2V0dGluZ3MuY3M= 37";

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

w s3lc.Settings.Read()

How to solve this problem?

I had the same problem
Test Subject
#61 Old 19th Mar 2013 at 2:48 AM
Trying to choose a language like UK english broke my game so it wouldn't work at all. Odd. US english was fine though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 4th Apr 2013 at 5:03 PM
It only appears 4 languages. There's no portuguese. What happenned?
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 16th May 2013 at 8:51 PM Last edited by C. Dark : 16th May 2013 at 10:57 PM.
@Mayra: There are too zips and you need to download the second one s3lc v1.0.1.13.7z

ATTENTION: For all who have problems and can't switch, it's so simple and by the way "Lorek" already posted it here too:

- switch language with s3lc
- befor starting the game you MUST RENAME the my document game folder to the language you have choosed, otherwise the game will not notice any save or world or CC

Look into your C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Electronic Arts\

There will be a new folder now with the new language name, if you had started your game without renaming the folder and getting the error)
- copy the new folder name and delete this folder
- RENAME your original language Sims 3 folder to f.i. the english version
The Sims 3

Clear all Cache files now and start your game.

Remember, when switching back language you have to rename the folder back to your original language, befor starting the game too!
Scholar
#64 Old 23rd May 2013 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C. Dark
@Mayra: There are too zips and you need to download the second one s3lc v1.0.1.13.7z

ATTENTION: For all who have problems and can't switch, it's so simple and by the way "Lorek" already posted it here too:

- switch language with s3lc
- befor starting the game you MUST RENAME the my document game folder to the language you have choosed, otherwise the game will not notice any save or world or CC

Look into your C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Electronic Arts\

There will be a new folder now with the new language name, if you had started your game without renaming the folder and getting the error)
- copy the new folder name and delete this folder
- RENAME your original language Sims 3 folder to f.i. the english version
The Sims 3

Clear all Cache files now and start your game.

Remember, when switching back language you have to rename the folder back to your original language, befor starting the game too!

That worked for me when changing to US English, thanks!

Also, if you also use programs like Dashboard, you need to reset its default location for the new packages location too.
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 5:58 PM
Is there anything similar for os x?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 7:48 PM
This is awesome. Tried many programs and none worked and this one just does it. Great. Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 6:22 PM
Why I can't download Worldwide edition ??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 11th May 2014 at 2:30 PM
thank you very much , but why there are no arabic language??? :\
THANKS POST
#69 Old 12th May 2014 at 4:53 PM
nikel
THANKS POST
#70 Old 28th May 2014 at 1:32 PM
bedankt
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 9:34 PM
Too bad you all didn't give a step by step instructions on how to do this mod since the folders that you are mentioning don't exist when i'm going into C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Electronic Arts\
I'm a beginner at this so I really don't understand what you are talking about when I am trying to add the english language to the game.. Any help would be appreciated.. Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 1:44 PM
is the best mod!!!!!!!! thx thx thx thx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:53 AM
Thank you !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 1:16 AM
gente onde clica para baixar???