Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

C# Script Utility

by Battery Posted 15th Jul 2018 at 12:06 PM - Updated 17th May 2023 at 6:46 PM by Battery

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 61 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 4
Space Pony
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by csg5vbe3argf
Just wondering.
Did this mod got updated or just description update?
Cause I see this:

Its just text changes, you can look at the file update dates under downloads to see what was the latest public version
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 1:57 AM
can you update this please

evyonne circle
Space Pony
Original Poster
#28 Old 20th Sep 2021 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koo
can you update this please

While i have some additions in the works, could you tell which features you like to have updated ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 14th Nov 2021 at 11:58 PM
HUGE game changer especially in conjunction with script extender. Thanks!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NerdyAthleticism
HUGE game changer especially in conjunction with script extender. Thanks!

Well thank you. Lets see what mods are made out of this
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 12:31 AM
I've been using this mod as I have PuddingFace's Enhanced Witches and Vampires mods installed. I saw in the Updated Downloads Section your mod Abductor and it looks brilliant, I wish I'd seen it before. However it needs version 1.036 of this mod, but Enhanced Vampires and Witches say they have only been updated to use 1.02b9. Please could you tell me if this is backwards compatible so I could download 1.036 and Enhanced Vampires and Witches would still work? Or is it a case of I have to pick either the Enhanced mods or your Abductor mod?

Thank you for your hard work in either case.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimlupai
I've been using this mod as I have PuddingFace's Enhanced Witches and Vampires mods installed. I saw in the Updated Downloads Section your mod Abductor and it looks brilliant, I wish I'd seen it before. However it needs version 1.036 of this mod, but Enhanced Vampires and Witches say they have only been updated to use 1.02b9. Please could you tell me if this is backwards compatible so I could download 1.036 and Enhanced Vampires and Witches would still work? Or is it a case of I have to pick either the Enhanced mods or your Abductor mod?

Thank you for your hard work in either case.

Hello Kimlupai,

thank you for your interest in the mod. I do my best to keep compatibility with other mods and i usually test the other mods using the Utility when deploying newer versions.
There should be no problems with compatibility when using version 1.36. At least Enhanced Witches and Vampires worked fine for me (if you run into a compatibility issue please let me know)
Problems are more likely to arise when you have a mod using a newer version of the Utility but you use an older version since it might not have the required featureset.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#33 Old 8th Jan 2022 at 12:02 AM
Hi Battery,

That's wonderful to know. I have quite a few different games on the go and I'm already making plans for integrating your Abductor mod into them. I love all the different options you've added. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question and for making the mods themselves.
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 10:40 PM
How Do I set up this mod I keep geting a message saying its not set up how do set it up please help.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#35 Old 21st Jan 2022 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnthonyByers2020
How Do I set up this mod I keep geting a message saying its not set up how do set it up please help.

Hi AnthonyByers2020,

i assume the message you got is about S3SE not being initialized. If you dont need S3SE you can ignore that message (currently there is only the NRaasIO mod that requires it)
If you dont plan on using it i recommend using another version of the C# Script Utility that does not have the S3SE Message.
The options for the newest utility version as of today that dont display that message are:

Battery_Utility_1.036_AutoMenu.7z | Auto Menu functionality, no S3SE reminder
OR
View Contents Battery_Utility_1.036.7z | no auto menu nor S3SE reminder
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 27th Feb 2022 at 9:01 PM
Thanks! :)
Test Subject
#37 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 9:46 PM
How is this used? I have the Enhanced Witches mod, I put this program in my mods folder but when I enter the game in the "Battery" option it says "No subscribed mods were found". I've been looking for what I'm missing but I can't find anything
Space Pony
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Mar 2022 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SozialBunny
How is this used? I have the Enhanced Witches mod, I put this program in my mods folder but when I enter the game in the "Battery" option it says "No subscribed mods were found". I've been looking for what I'm missing but I can't find anything

The Enhanced Witches mod automatically makes use of the mod and has its own City Hall Menu. The Battery->Mod Auto Menu option is only for mods that use the Auto Menu like the ones below:
https://modthesims.info/d/635224/no...april-2020.html
https://modthesims.info/d/650590/br...est-update.html
https://modthesims.info/d/657354/ze...dated-beta.html
https://modthesims.info/d/638978/ho...nteraction.html

so if you dont use any of these mods (mods that use the auto menu in general) the Mod Auto Menu interaction wont do anything for you, while the rest of the utility is tied into the Enhanced Witches mod directly, you should find these options on the City Hall->PuddingFace->...
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Apr 2022 at 10:36 AM
Thanks, I had a mess in my head with the instructions of two different mods :')
Anyway, I'm thinking of installing Zerbu's UC, so I'll use it
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#40 Old 21st Apr 2022 at 3:09 AM
Scrolling through the "show/hide spoiler" tabs to find the info I was looking for was a B R E E Z E . Everything is so pointedly detailed and Organized. Thank You for that and the download itself with the solutions it contains. I found the "Enhanced Hospitals" mod which led Me here.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 9:50 AM
do i need this to make custom skin tones?

evyonne circle
Test Subject
#42 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 10:49 AM
i need to use this for a few mods i downloaded, but every time I try to activate it it proceeds to crash my game so it takes like 10 times just to actually have it work, is that normal?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#43 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunar_S0uls
i need to use this for a few mods i downloaded, but every time I try to activate it it proceeds to crash my game so it takes like 10 times just to actually have it work, is that normal?

Thats certainly not normal. Which mods do you have installed ?
did you make sure to get the latest version ?
did you make sure to only have one of the files installed ?
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
Thats certainly not normal. Which mods do you have installed ?
did you make sure to get the latest version ?
did you make sure to only have one of the files installed ?

I have break into house, enhanced witches and enhanced hospital if I am not mistaken, I made sure to get latest versions of all of those plus the Script Utility, even re-downloaded utility just to be sure. I only have one of them yes, in Mods > Packages. When loading up it recognizes it in the game if I dont activate the exe but half the time i activate it my game closes but I dont get a crash report log
Space Pony
Original Poster
#45 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 6:10 PM
I have break into house, enhanced witches and enhanced hospital if I am not mistaken, I made sure to get latest versions of all of those plus the Script Utility, even re-downloaded utility just to be sure. I only have one of them yes, in Mods > Packages. When loading up it recognizes it in the game if I dont activate the exe but half the time i activate it my game closes but I dont get a crash report log

What do you mean by the activate the exe ?

You have no other mods/tools installed for the sims 3 than the ones you mentioned ?
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 6:31 PM
What do you mean by the activate the exe ?

You have no other mods/tools installed for the sims 3 than the ones you mentioned ?

closer look might actually be the script extender then which confuses me how/why i even have that in-? checking my Bin folder i dont see the files of it either so idk then, extremely confused now
Space Pony
Original Poster
#47 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 6:43 PM
closer look might actually be the script extender then which confuses me how/why i even have that in-? checking my Bin folder i dont see the files of it either so idk then, extremely confused now

Oh yes the script extender is very time sensitive and can crash on startup if its to early in the process. You might want to try the steps described in the Troubleshooting section of the Script Extenders Mod description.

Please let me know (if you follow these steps) if the problem persists or if the issue could be solved

E: do a search for "BatteryLib.asi" in your file explorer to see if where your have it installed should be in ...\xxxSims 3\Game\Bin of your game install (not in your documents folder)
Test Subject
#48 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 10:20 AM
Oh yes the script extender is very time sensitive and can crash on startup if its to early in the process. You might want to try the steps described in the Troubleshooting section of the Script Extenders Mod description.

Please let me know (if you follow these steps) if the problem persists or if the issue could be solved

E: do a search for "BatteryLib.asi" in your file explorer to see if where your have it installed should be in ...\xxxSims 3\Game\Bin of your game install (not in your documents folder)

tried deleting all instances of the files i could find on my pc but when loading up i atill get the popup saying to run the exe so i am not sure if i missed something, found nothing in the bin folder still
Space Pony
Original Poster
#49 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 6:08 PM
tried deleting all instances of the files i could find on my pc but when loading up i atill get the popup saying to run the exe so i am not sure if i missed something, found nothing in the bin folder still

A shame you did not try the Troubleshooting section of the Script extender would have been interested to see if that was the problem (unless you did not have that tool in the first place)

As for the popup you probably installed the Reminder version of the utility whichs only difference is to remind you that the Script Extender is NOT running so if you dont want to use the script extender aswell i suggest picking the Auto Menu version instead which gets rid of that message. As for the crashing if you didnt have the script extender installed with unfitting time settings i am at a loss why it would do that.
Test Subject
#50 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 6:55 AM
Default A very dumb question
Hello! And Thank you for your mods and this utility!
I would like to use it with your import-export NRass settings mod but I sincerely don't get how to make it work x.x …
How am I supposed to initialize S3SE in the first place? x.x… I know. This is a very annoying dump question, but I would really like to use your NRass I-E settings mod … Would you mind explaining me, please?
Thank you again for your mods and have a very pleasant day
Page 2 of 4