Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 1:41 PM Last edited by Vyrridiana : 30th Jun 2021 at 3:13 PM.
Default Trying to recolor the RIBBA painting *SOLVED*
Edit: I checked again where I put my zCEP-EXTRA folder and I had it in the wrong place. It needed to be in C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D\
and not C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\

I was only checking the page for the Extra CEP for the Ikea paintings, and not the original CEP page

---

I've had the idea to put pictures of Brandi and Skip Broke in the RIBBA painting. I've managed to do this roughly, but I can't seem to make the frames separated from the pictures.

When I look in the Wizards of SimPE for the separated textures I just get this:

instead of what I'm looking for which is this:

I have the CEP extras but I think I'm doing something wrong, even though I've triple checked that I have the files in the correct CEP folders
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 2:51 PM
Have you tried temporarily moving the "_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" (found in your downloads folder) to your desktop when recoloring in SimPE? (You need to restart SimPE after moving the file!)

Very often I find that it's because of this file that SimPE is not able to find the separated subsets. You do need it in your downloads folder when playing so don't forget to move it back after you're done making recolors
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Have you tried temporarily moving the "_EnableColorOptionsGMND.package" (found in your downloads folder) to your desktop when recoloring in SimPE? (You need to restart SimPE after moving the file!)

Very often I find that it's because of this file that SimPE is not able to find the separated subsets. You do need it in your downloads folder when playing so don't forget to move it back after you're done making recolors

It's still the same.

I'll try reinstalling the CEP and then try this method again

Thank you for the reply!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:10 PM
That's so weird :-( I hope you solve the problem soon! :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
That's so weird :-( I hope you solve the problem soon! :-)

I just managed to solve it, by going to reinstall the CEP I found what I was doing wrong. I had the zCEP-extra folders in the wrong place, but they're all good now!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 4:12 PM
Great! :-D I'm glad you managed to solve it!