Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 4:24 AM
Default Why I said goodbye...
A scent of newly baked scones and tea is filling the room. A room that is filled with the rays of the early morning sun. They're falling over the floor and on the bed. The bed where she lies, still sleeping, and unknowing that another day has come. Her room is painted in a light blue colour, the curtains are of velvet have been pulled to the sides, dark wooden floor, and that portrait of her that was made years ago. Gently, not to wake her earlier than needed be, I put down the tray on the small table by the windows. She moves slightly in her sleep, making the covers fall off a bit to reveal the white sleeping gown she insists on wearing even if it barely covers her skin at all.
"Time to wake up." I only whisper it, yet her eyes open as if I had yelled it. she sits up, and looks around, finding the tray next to the window. With a small frown, only barely visible to my eyes that knows her better that anyone, she leaves the bed to eat. I sigh as she don't even bother to put something on. She is bound to get a cold like this.
"Please, put something on... I don't want you to..." I tail of as I see that small smile of hers as she sips her tea and take a bite of a scone with rose jam on it. She always loved those, taking a ridiculous amount of jam on them. I shake my head and gently put a robe around her shoulders, making her freeze her movements.
"who's there?" she asks startled. I sigh, I shouldn't have tried to touch her. she cannot see me.
"You know who it is... it is me. it always is." I state as I move away from her.
"I asked who is there, speak up now." she looks around, getting up from the green armchair as she puts down her tea cup. I turn my face from her. She cannot hear me.
"Please don't play games with my mind..." she covers her face, trying to not scream in frustration. I gently take her hands in mine and guide her to her bed, tucking her in under the covers.
"That scent... it's you." she smiles as she pulls my hand that she cannot see closer to her, I lean forward and smile bitterly. she cannot see or hear me. she can only feel my touch and smell my scent. Everybody else she can see and hear. I gently place a kiss on her forehead as she closes her eyes and drifts back to sleep. I raise myself from the bed and pull the curtains over the windows, making the room pitch black.
"Yes. It always is." I sigh as I lift up the tray and leave her room. Only to make sure everything will be prepared for when I wake her up again, as time never changes in that room. Always the same nostalgic scene. And that version of her, with the long golden hair, is long lost. She is long gone. Yet I go back to wake her at times, to remember and understand why I said goodbye.

---
And this was something I wrote out for boredom (and because I can't sleep).
I haven't been writing anything for months... because I have been doing other things, like getting surgery.
Hope you like it, please tell me what you think!

腐女子 です~