Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 8:31 PM
Default Sun burned?
Can your sims get a tan or have a sunburn, like in that preview picture? Can they only get a sun burn with a maxis skintone and not CC Skins?,
I have tried to let my sim get a sun burn or tan w/e by liaying down on that out doors chair but nothing happened, something she would make facial expressions like if she was hot but no color change in skintone. Its probably because i have a CC skintone and because shes already Dark so she probably wont get burned but, i was just curious if anyones sims actually get a sun burn.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 8:56 PM
Yes, mine got sunburn with a custom skin. To much romancing out in the sun sent her temp though the roof!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 7:20 PM
im having the same prob,sent sim outside for ages in her swimwear but nothing
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 10:24 PM
have her do some excersize outside thats shoudl speed it up some...or maybe it wasnt that hot of a day even though (i assume) it was summertime?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 10:25 PM
yes summer,ok will try that,does the skin go red or do they just get hot?
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
have her do some excersize outside thats shoudl speed it up some...or maybe it wasnt that hot of a day even though (i assume) it was summertime?

she had maximum temperature and was laying out in the sun for about 3 or 4 sim hours but nothing. Mabey i will try it again later. It might be that my graphics card isnt too good since im playing on my old Pc because my good Pc with ausome graphics is getting fixed. :Cries: i hope it gets fixed soon i like all the little details in everything.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 3:35 AM
Hmm...my sim had on shorts and a sweater custom set....and all of a sudden caught fire while outside. Her boyfriend did the same but he had on pants and sleeves. They both just died. Neither of their temperature meters went up. Anyone know what that's about?

Live each day like it's your last!

#8 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 9:24 PM
Maybe they were hit by lightening, DiamndPrincz?
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 3:54 AM
In fall your tree leaves don't fall untill like, the last day... So maybe its the same with Summer... Its hotter on the last day or two and thats the only time you can get a sunburn...

If I do recall... (my neighborhood seasons are set at: Winter, Summer, Fall, Winter... I dont like Spring rofl...) Anyways, If I do recall, I made a Snowman the last day of the first winter and knocked it down the next day (Summer), and it took 3 Days to melt then my sim seemed to get more drowsy outside when he was working ... So I think you have to wait for the last days of Summer for a burn
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 6:47 AM
So I'm confused... do the sims skin color change if they get sun burned or is it just the temp that goes up?
Test Subject
#11 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 6:55 AM
lol this old lady came to my sims house and didnt like my garden and a few seconds later she got bolted with lightning then she toddeld off home... dont think she will be back?
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 2:10 PM
I've tried everything, but my sims can't get a sunburn.
I've had them laying out in the sun in outerwear, everyday wear, swimwear, etc. They've been exercising, hot-tubbing, napping on the recliners, doing all sorts of activities, from normal temp. to overheated. They've been outside for whole days on end, from 7AM to 7PM, any day of summer. No sunburn. They turn blue when their temp drops, so why no sunburn, ever? Arghhh!
I have all settings on high, except shadows and lighting which are set to medium. My Uni neighborhood even has two combined summers. I'm starting to believe this feature is missing in my game.
For those who managed to burn their sim's hides: can they also get a tan?

Edit: maryc1: If you take a look at some preview pics, the sims' skins have visible sunburns.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 4:15 PM
Custom skintones do not get visible sunburns. They suffer the same internal effects, but unless you have maxis as default then its impossible to get a real sunburn.

Bummer.
Scholar
#14 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancilla
Custom skintones do not get visible sunburns. They suffer the same internal effects, but unless you have maxis as default then its impossible to get a real sunburn.

Bummer.

Not true! I had Louis default skins plus lots of other CC skins and my sims get sunburn. I find doing lots of gardening is the best way to get it. Several of my sims have had sunburn and one died after too much gardening in the sun.
Test Subject
#15 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 4:29 PM
I tried a maxis skin tone, had the guy in swim wear, left him in the sun. empty lot, had him run on the treadmill, watched his temp go up. And he didn't burn before 7am to 7pm. I don't know how long I had him watching clouds, lol. I made him just to see the sunburn thing.

I'll have to try the gardening thing, Romyhorse, do you know if it works in the greenhouse too? Cause the only big garden I have is in the green house, or does it go for all gardening? cliping the bushes, and watering the flowers?
Scholar
#16 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 4:39 PM
My sim that died was gardening outside, watering and trimming the plants. I had another one with sunburn faint from the heat and had to have another sim throw a glass of water over her to revive her, she had been romancing outside (just flirting, kissing and hugging).
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 1:56 AM
I found out why my sims were bursting into flames. I turned aging off and for some reason, after that, the temp didn't move up when she was getting hot. So I downloaded the quick fix from Sim Wardrobe and it hasn't happened since.

Poor sims. The sun is getting them down bad. And Romyhorse is right, my sims that burst into flames had been gardening in her greenhouse. lol.

Live each day like it's your last!

Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by romyhorse
Not true! I had Louis default skins plus lots of other CC skins and my sims get sunburn. I find doing lots of gardening is the best way to get it. Several of my sims have had sunburn and one died after too much gardening in the sun.

A visible RED sunburn? I've been told it wasn't doable. :confused:
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:09 PM
Hey can we get pictures of any of the sunburned sims? Other then the one on the preview of season, I haven't seen any. Does anyone care to share? I'm working on mine, at least putting in flowers and bushes to take care of, and will post when I get them.
Alchemist
#20 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ancilla
A visible RED sunburn? I've been told it wasn't doable. :confused:

Yes, it is possible indeed, just like they turn blue when cold. It's an overlay skin, like the vampire one, so it doesn't matter what skintone they use.

EDIT: I don't have a pic myself, but you can see it in this post by Shawnee The guy's skin is by Enayla as far as I can tell, and the red marks are quite obvious.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:27 PM
Nice, I've been wondering, most of my sims have very light skin. And thought it would be neat to see the sunburn. Sometimes I wonder about me. LOL.

I've tried to freeze one also, but he kept going into the house and refusing to leave. It was very strange, but well made me wonder.
#22 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 2:31 PM

Grey, furry skintone. Red sunburn. Definitely possible .
The poor dude has to wait his wife to come home from work before being revived. LOL!
#23 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 4:06 PM
WOW! Finally some proof that a sim with custom content skin can get burned! Emino what did you have to do?
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 4:09 PM
Yay! I have to try that! Thank you!

... *dances*
#25 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by beeskibran
WOW! Finally some proof that a sim with custom content skin can get burned! Emino what did you have to do?

Hey, i dint aim for him to be that way! I just focused on other stuffs when i noticed he has passed out :P.

Yeah, yeah... I'm a bad player. Sue me :P.
Page 1 of 2