Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Servo from The Sims 2

by Esmeralda Posted 21st Feb 2010 at 8:19 PM - Updated 6th Feb 2015 at 9:55 AM by Esmeralda : Some changes to text

245 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 212 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Top Secret Researcher
#126 Old 5th Mar 2010 at 11:49 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 6th Mar 2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: taipoo
Thank you, your sim will be a good fix 'til the release of next EP 'Ambitions-or-something' (Apparently servos will be included)
Your choice of traits is really ingenious and makes a fully purposed sim!
Top Secret Researcher
#127 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 12:55 AM Last edited by MiniMimi : 6th Mar 2010 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Typo again!
iheartcowcapoos, I think the head is supposed to be in the accessory hairs section, not in the 'normal' one. (the tab to the right of the usual hairs)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#128 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
hey so i downloaded this a few days ago but never actually tried using it until today and i couldnt find servo in the sim bin.. if i go to outfits the servo body is there but when i go to the hair section i cant find the head anywhere.. so i can only get the servo body?? i pasted all 4 files in the mod folder so i dont know what's up.. i wanna play with servo! =(

Your problem is most likely because you pasted all four files into the Mods folder. They should not all go in the Mods folder, only the three .package files. The .sim file needs to go in the SavedSims folder (as instructed in the Installation Instructions in the Overview page).

And yes, as mentioned above, the head is in the Hat Hair section, not the regular hair section - although if you install the .sim file in the right folder, it should show up as a sim in the CAS sim bin with both the head and body already on the sim.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
Your problem is most likely because you pasted all four files into the Mods folder. They should not all go in the Mods folder, only the three .package files. The .sim file needs to go in the SavedSims folder (as instructed in the Installation Instructions in the Overview page).

And yes, as mentioned above, the head is in the Hat Hair section, not the regular hair section - although if you install the .sim file in the right folder, it should show up as a sim in the CAS sim bin with both the head and body already on the sim.

i'm sorry that was my fault for not reading the instructions completely. i figured it out thats why i just deleted the comment.. i found the head (the first time i looked in the hat section i had just overlooked it) sorry for being one of those stupid people who dont read the instructions =( i feel really embarrassed..
Test Subject
#130 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 4:06 AM
I've downloaded your pack twice. For me, something in the Servo body package is missing. All that shows up is the head and the feet and the body is invisible. I have these floating cambots running around my town (which make for hilarious pictures)

Am I missing something or what would cause an whole body to disappear?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#131 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
i'm sorry that was my fault for not reading the instructions completely. i figured it out thats why i just deleted the comment.. i found the head (the first time i looked in the hat section i had just overlooked it) sorry for being one of those stupid people who dont read the instructions =( i feel really embarrassed..

No problem! Glad you finally got it to work!

Quote: Originally posted by secretman
I've downloaded your pack twice. For me, something in the Servo body package is missing. All that shows up is the head and the feet and the body is invisible. I have these floating cambots running around my town (which make for hilarious pictures)

Am I missing something or what would cause an whole body to disappear?

Er, sorry, I have no idea about that one - I can only guess maybe you have some issue with your game, maybe some piece of cc that conflicts for some unknown reason, as I can't think of any reason why the body would disappear! I've only ever heard of that kind of thing happening as a bug in the Sims 3 base game where you had men walking around town as just a floating head and shoes, because EA had coded the game for a men's outfit that they then deleted before releasing the game because they decided to sell the outfit with the World Adventures pack instead, but they had forgotten to remove the coding that referred to the outfit.

If you've installed the .sim file and .package files exactly as described in the Installation Instructions, it should all show up correctly. I can only suggest removing all cc from your game except the servo's .sim and .package files, and see if it shows up then. If so, it's a problem with some rogue mod or cc.
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 8:58 AM
This was a featured download at the Sims3Freebies group over at Facebook! Thank you for your talent and time, and for sharing your download with the Sims3 Community.

The Sims 3 Freebies Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=237169062063
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#133 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lezibeth
This was a featured download at the Sims3Freebies group over at Facebook! Thank you for your talent and time, and for sharing your download with the Sims3 Community.

The Sims 3 Freebies Facebook Group
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=237169062063

That's great, thank you for featuring it!

(Just a note: I see you refer to this site as 'Mod The Sims 3' on a couple of occasions in your Facebook Group - this site is called 'Mod The Sims', having previously been 'Mod The Sims 2'. They were unable to rename themselves 'Mod The Sims 3', because a completely different site calling themselves 'Mod The Sims 3' came into being last year, which has no affiliation with this one - I guess they called themselves that thinking they would sort of ride the coattails of this site, but it just confuses people!)
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 8:36 PM
whoa, this looks awesome
Test Subject
#135 Old 19th Mar 2010 at 7:12 AM
Very well made Thanks!!! I missed playing with these guys... although it would be funny to see a Servo Ghost floating around if they died from electrocution haha how ironic... XD
Test Subject
#136 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 8:18 AM
It's years ago, that I played Sims2, so that I really forgot Servo.
But now memories coming up...oh yeah...great times...

FANTASTIC JOB!!

I will light up a special candle for you (in game) on the fireplace
and now Servo has to look at, that it never go down.
And I will name her ESMERALDA, for sure!

Cannot thank you enough for sharing it with us!!!
Test Subject
#137 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackSolstice
And finally, at the end of the day, they like a nice hot shower followed by plenty of WD40 and then straight to bed to dream little robot dreams.

..........do servos dream of electric SimSheep?
Test Subject
#138 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 11:51 AM
AMAZING.
I will download this when I get on my dads computer!
Mad Poster
#139 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 5:07 AM
i'm perplexed.. how on EARTH did you do this? :o

anyhow, i'm glad that you did!
Test Subject
#140 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 4:26 AM
wow i cant stop laughing about the "getting the robot preg" issue ^^) but any how, Ive been looking for this little droid for a while now. So thanks for bringing him/her back.
Test Subject
#141 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 4:57 PM
This looks really amazing...........you've done a great job on this.......RESPECT!
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 1:37 PM
From what I heard, Servo is going to be playable in the next Sims 3 expansion pack; The Sims 3 : Ambitions.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#143 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modfanatic
From what I heard, Servo is going to be playable in the next Sims 3 expansion pack; The Sims 3 : Ambitions.

There's going to be some sort of robot, but it's not a TS2 Servo and looks completely different. Maybe this one and the new one can be buddies. The more robots the better, I say!
Test Subject
#144 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 3:12 AM
this is cool btw are there any changes in their voice?
Test Subject
#145 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 12:36 AM
Im not sure how to unzip files?
Test Subject
#146 Old 3rd May 2010 at 3:21 PM
The only problem with this download is ............IT ISNT WORKING
So iam wondering why everyone (including me) were so happy with it?????
You can only make a normal sim look like a servo but it doenst do things like a servo........so why is everyone happy??? LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#147 Old 3rd May 2010 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whitewidow
The only problem with this download is ............IT ISNT WORKING
So iam wondering why everyone (including me) were so happy with it?????
You can only make a normal sim look like a servo but it doenst do things like a servo........so why is everyone happy??? LOL

Works fine. I do clearly say in the Overview: "This is actually just a regular sim wearing the body as clothing and the head as a Hat Hair, and I found it amazing that just by assigning the above traits, it behaves very much like you'd expect a Servo to behave, going around the house making beds, cleaning bathrooms, washing dishes and so on. Although not a true TS2 servo, it's pretty convincing."

I think the reason everyone else is happy, is that they understood what I said there.

There is nothing in the TS3 game code to make it possible to have a completely 'real' Servo exactly like the way they behaved in TS2.

Of course, if you're so unhappy, feel free to go and make one yourself. If you can do better, you can upload it!
Test Subject
#148 Old 21st May 2010 at 4:56 AM
though there will be REAL servos in Sims 3 Ambitions, great job...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#149 Old 21st May 2010 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by racemaster76
though there will be REAL servos in Sims 3 Ambitions, great job...

See my comment number 145, just a few posts up from this one!
Test Subject
#150 Old 24th May 2010 at 8:51 PM
I love it, great for aliens. Thank you!
Page 6 of 10