Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:04 PM Last edited by si_co_bee : 22nd Sep 2013 at 10:56 PM.
[strike]ummmm I cant marry foreign sims... Even without any mods I cant marry them [/strike]

nvm I had to go a long way around and keep inviting him back to my island.... annoying but fixed
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 9:00 PM Last edited by EvelynWn : 23rd Sep 2013 at 11:27 PM.
Help?
When I try to install the world my launcher crashes. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'd really like to do this challenge.

Edit: Never mind ^_^ I figured it out. I dl the wrong version of the Register mod. :p
Test Subject
#103 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 9:38 PM
hi im megan and im wondering if by ANY chance you could make this world into a .package file please because my game will not let me download ANY CC please can you try
Test Subject
#104 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 7:58 PM
Thanks for the update with Island Paradise! Nice addition! I am having trouble with the links. They are not loading.
Test Subject
#105 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Is there a way to do that in game in a world (like the Midnight Sun Isle) that doesn't have a City Hall?

Yes! I believe you can use Register Mod with the computer. Like any computer, and the option should be there.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 7th Oct 2013 at 12:20 AM Last edited by filipe231291 : 7th Oct 2013 at 1:12 AM.
Hey, I can't access the links for the maps, it's taking forever to load until it stops. Someone help, please? I want to try this challenge
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#107 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 1:15 PM Last edited by Gurra09 : 9th Oct 2013 at 2:41 PM.
Hello!

Sorry for any inconvenience downloading the maps the last few days. The site I host my uploads on, Simlogical, has been down due to a broken phone line. It's now up and running and everything is available as it should be.

Megan: If you are having problems installing, read this guide: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...ut_The_Launcher - there is a special procedure to installing worlds without launcher apart from other downloaded stuff.

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 1:04 PM
Thanks, Gurra, going to try the Island Paradise version of the map
Forum Resident
#109 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 9:45 AM
I tried the IP version of this and had problems. First of all the mini lot was flooded with NPCs and tourists and then they all sank through the deck. They were gathered in a large lump under the port, and then some of them swam off and the rest stood under there talking. It was actually maddening but funny at the same time. Anyhow, I wont be playing this any more.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#110 Old 17th Oct 2013 at 2:23 PM
Paparazzis/tourists/animals etc. are always a problem on worlds with a small landmass. In my game I use the Register mod by twallan to turn all these off, and I really recommend people playing this world to do it to: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Register

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Test Subject
#111 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 4:10 PM
I just love how fast it loads. But I have difficulty with the whole travel thing. If you went to a foreign country, university, why not get rescued? The Future-portal makes a bit more sense, but why wouldn't you stay in the future once you got there? So I think I'm actually going to break the no socializing rule and get my sims a merperson. In semi-reality, it is not entirely inconceivable that merpeople would settle near a remote island. It just makes more sense to me given the inability to leave the island. Getting a mer-mate for 5 generations will be a challenge by itself. Add a 'no electrical stuff' rule and I can prepare for the Apocalypse-encyclopedia experience.
Thanks for the idea, I've always loved castaway stories.
Test Subject
#112 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 8:16 AM
Hello. I just installed both of the version but I can't get it to shoe up in game in my list of worlds. Where are you suppose to put the file? I copy them into my Installed Worlds folder, but it didn't work. what am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#113 Old 7th Dec 2013 at 1:31 PM
Looks amazing! Have to try it out!
Test Subject
#114 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 2:08 AM
sorry is someone put up this rule change but mermaids natural live there so if you deside to have a mermaid legacy you cant go to university or vacations however you half to get the mermadic kelp to do this
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 1:08 PM
Default Lolololololol
Quote: Originally posted by Raeyn
Right, I've been playing this challenge for all of 10 minutes. My lot has randomly spawned 2 horses, a deer, a raccoon, and here on the very first night - a burglar! I'm not sure if my beating him up was successful, but I've apparently peed on him. Best.challenge.evar. <3

LMFAO i have never gotten that result!!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WickedSimmer
Hello. I just installed both of the version but I can't get it to shoe up in game in my list of worlds. Where are you suppose to put the file? I copy them into my Installed Worlds folder, but it didn't work. what am I doing wrong?

instead of putting it in your worlds folder try putting it in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\worlds

i have had to do this as well

it works!
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 13th Dec 2013 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laracroftfan1
instead of putting it in your worlds folder try putting it in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\worlds

i have had to do this as well

it works!

however if it is a sims3pack file and not a .world file you need to install it through the launcher.
Test Subject
#118 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laracroftfan1
however if it is a sims3pack file and not a .world file you need to install it through the launcher.

where do you find that? I can't find it
Test Subject
#119 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 12:29 PM
I don't know if you can control where people and animals spawn or not on the map, but I've had a dog and a person spawn under the dock in the Island Paradise version and I can't get Register to work for me right now and since they're under the dock (and the dog is underwater) I can't click on either of them to delete them. Obviously since their location is un-route-able they can't get out to try to talk to my Sim and my Sim can't get to them, but I can't stand all the barking and whining. Any ideas?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#120 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by milkandcookies
I don't know if you can control where people and animals spawn or not on the map, but I've had a dog and a person spawn under the dock in the Island Paradise version and I can't get Register to work for me right now and since they're under the dock (and the dog is underwater) I can't click on either of them to delete them. Obviously since their location is un-route-able they can't get out to try to talk to my Sim and my Sim can't get to them, but I can't stand all the barking and whining. Any ideas?

You can resetsim them (unless the dog is a stray) and then delete them. Actually even if the dog is a stray you can resetsim * so everone gets reset. Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#121 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
You can resetsim them (unless the dog is a stray) and then delete them. Actually even if the dog is a stray you can resetsim * so everone gets reset. Hope this helps.

Thanks! I didn't think of that ^^;
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 7:31 PM
I love this challenge, and have played through it a few times. I was wondering though, would it be possible to get an IP friendly island without the houseboat? I like scuba diving, but can't have my sims live on the houseboats, the constant rocking back on forth of it makes me nauseous. Could you possibly combined the two world types? Like an island world, but with dive spots? I know it's a lot to ask, especially just for one person, but I thought it was worth a shot
Test Subject
#123 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 6:02 PM
Anyone else buy a gun (mod) and shoot every single person you see???
Test Subject
#124 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 3:34 PM
hi everyone
I love this challenge, but tourists keep spawning on my island! they are so annoying, but I couldn't find a way to turn them off
any suggestions?
Test Subject
#125 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 5:52 AM
this is cool
Page 5 of 14