Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:08 PM
Default Who would you marry...if you could?
Out of all of recent history in the past 40 years, you are given an opportunity to marry whoever you desired. The one you desire is single, no strings attached.

The rules are:
They must be alive in present-day Earth.
They must be of marrying age.
They also have to be a real person, famous or not.

List off the following
Name of Spouse:
Claim To Fame (if Famous) or Connection (if not):
Current Age as of September 2014:
What attracted you to him\her? (mentally):
What attracted you to him\her? (physically):
Would you have kids if you could?:
If you said yes to the above, how many?:

My example:
Name of Spouse: Alice Cooper
Claim To Fame: Founder of the Shock Rock Subgenre
Current Age: 66
What attracted you to him, mentally?: Despite his behavior on-stage, he is actually rather level-headed as he abstains from mixing his work with politics to the point of staying out of it, doesn't mess with religions with gods and devils (he's neutral), hasn't had alcohol in over 30 years, will poke fun at himself and (I'm not sure, but he's probably joking), has a fear of needles.
What attracted you to him, physically?: He's wiry, has long black hair, a great smile and rather hypnotizing eyes (when NOT surrounded by makeup)
Would you have kids if you could?: That depends, can a man who was "rode hard and put away wet" (two things that age a Harley to refer to abusing themselves) coming up on 70 impregnate a late-20-something?
If you said yes to the above, how many?: Again, dependent on the functioning parts. I wouldn't care if he was a stud in his days before marriage and has tons of kids in various part of the US.

(You can be tongue in cheek.)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 8:42 PM Last edited by StupidFlanders : 27th Aug 2014 at 1:47 PM.
I will have to say Daron Malakian (guitarist in System of a Down and lead singer in Scars on Broadway).

And what's with all the questions? Isn't " But mom, I love him!" enough for you? Oh and can we every once in a while have a threesome with Serj Tankian too?

edit: Forgot to mention that I would gladly make ugly and deranged babies with him. :lovestruc
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/10...30A760B0D811297
And on second thought I will keep Serj Tankian out of this, it would just be really awkward for all parts involved since hes already married and all.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidFlanders
I will have to say Daron Malakian (guitarist in System of a Down and lead singer in Scars on Broadway).

And what's with all the questions? Isn't " But mom, I love him!" enough for you? Oh and can we every once in a while have a threesome with Serj Tankian too?

A reason is a step from having a wild animal mind: unfocused and uncoordinated that logic becomes your snare trap.

While we're talking of such forbidden fruit: Getting Bill Nye involved would clash. Alice and Bill would be a tricky pair to please.

I will allow threesomes

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#4 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:31 AM
Norman Reedus. He seems like he would be a gentle lover.
#5 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:40 AM
Myself
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:42 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 27th Aug 2014 at 1:03 AM.
Just hypothetically, suppose I were into someone who might not be the marrying type, and/or I wouldn't like to diminish their fun. So they wouldn't be a "spouse" necessarily, but would a harem or seraglio type of situation qualify? Hypothetically?

EDIT:
Mordecai and Rig,
If you have a double name,
Can you self-marry?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Just hypothetically, suppose I were into someone who might not be the marrying type, and/or I wouldn't like to diminish their fun. So they wouldn't be a "spouse" necessarily, but would a harem or seraglio type of situation qualify? Hypothetically?

Harems/Seraglios qualify. I have Grant Imahara, Satoru Iwata and Shigeru Miyamoto to name a few in mine along with Alice and Bill.

Scholar
#8 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 2:28 AM
It has to be a real person? ...Nope, I'm breaking the rules :D

Jace Herondale (maybe not to marry, but to date?) He annoys the hell out of me, always, yet he is strangely endearing. Doubt he would be interested in me, however, because I tend to not rush headlong into danger and make stupid in the moment decisions. Alas.

Levi from Fangirl! He was so sweet. I feel like he'd make a great husband. haha

There is also Jem Carstairs. Everyone loves Jem. You just have to love Jem.

Tamani from Wings is also a good one. He tends to annoy me sometimes but overall he's a good dude.

Galen Forza is also pretty cool. Even though he can annoy me as well.

...I do realize I've listed about five (fictional) people. But these are all just possibilities really. Especially since most of them tend to have anger and impulsivity issues. (And only one of them is fully human. But human boys are soooo overrated, amirite?)

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
But human boys are soooo overrated, amirite?

"Your mileage may vary", they say. One boy in particular does recalibrate my odometer. For the rest, perhaps you're right, I haven't really noticed.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:09 AM
The men in my imagination. I'm a romantic. Don't tell on me though. Romance novels warped my brain.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 1:28 PM
Idris Elba.

Reason? Have you heard his accent? Seen him smile? Just look at him. That's my reason.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 1:33 PM
Can it be a gay man (I'm a woman)?................

Name of Spouse: Jayy Von Monroe :lovestruc
Claim To Fame (if Famous): He is half of my favourite band Blood on the Dance Floor, he also used to be a model!
Current Age as of September 2014: 23
What attracted you to him? (mentally): His laugh is amazing, and he has a unique sense of humour. I really admire his anti-bullying stance, and I love his bromance with Dahvie (Dahvie Vanity, the other half of Blood on the Dance Floor). He's quite sassy and doesn't take any crap off anyone.
What attracted you to him? (physically): His skinny body, he has bulked up recently (I prefer his 2013 and earlier looks, but he's still gorgeous!), but he used to always be skinny, I love skinny men! I love his style as well, he wears amazing clothes and his hair and make-up always looks sexy! Oh and I like his tattoos and piercings too! He's a brilliant dancer as well, which is really attractive in a bloke!

Would you have kids if you could?: No
If you said yes to the above, how many?: 0
Forum Resident
#13 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
Idris Elba.

Reason? Have you heard his accent? Seen him smile? Just look at him. That's my reason.

I was reading this thread, thinking "man, I just can't think of anyone!" but then...yep. Idris Elba. He's just so handsome. We can be his sister wives, I don't mind.

Really though, I have no idea if I even want to get married! Nothing against people who marry young, but I'm only 19 and I feel way too young and immature to make a decision like that. That said, if I had to get married tomorrow (like, the world's ending and we need people to marry and try to have children to propagate the species), I think I'd marry a friend from high school. I'm not attracted to him (and I sincerely doubt he's attracted to me) but he's a a really decent guy and we get along pretty well. I think we'd make a good team, and a solid partnership might be more important than being attracted to one another, anyway.

Ah, cynicism.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 7:27 PM
I was actually not being exclusive to straight couples, so same-sex marriage is allowed.

Inventor
#15 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:12 PM
Name of Spouse:
Lee

Connection:
Met in school, but didn't speak more than a couple of sentences to each other until I moved to like 100 miles away. Got to know each other over MSN. Fell in love. I moved back to original town. Been together 6 and a half years

Current Age as of September 2014:

What attracted you to him\her? (mentally):
He was basically me in male form. Almost all our interests and opinions are the same. Plus, he's super nice and sweet and is the most caring guy ever. He puts me before anything else and I him.

What attracted you to him\her? (physically):
Back when we were 15 I thought he was cute, best looking out of all the guys in our "group". He had the most awesome goatee (the ONLY goatee, really... ) I've always had a thing for facial hair.

Would you have kids if you could?:
Yes, we plan to.

If you said yes to the above, how many?:
He wants at least 3, and I'm totally down with that

(He just said he wants to elope, I think he's getting sick of wedding planning XD )
Instructor
#16 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 7:10 AM
Name of Spouse: Steven Ogg
Claim To Fame (if Famous) or Connection (if not): Played Trevor in GTA V B)
Current Age as of September 2014: 54
What attracted you to him\her? (mentally): It's just something about his way of being?? The way he talks and acts is just so appealing to me iunno he seems like the kind of guy i could just hang out with
What attracted you to him\her? (physically): He's the only dude that can pull off a receding hairline THAT well.
Would you have kids if you could?: I dont think im really made for that?

HE JUST LOOKS SO GOOD OHHHH HHMHMHYYYYYY GOOOOOD
my taste in men grows more and more questionable by the day
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
It has to be a real person? ...Nope, I'm breaking the rules :D

Jace Herondale (maybe not to marry, but to date?) He annoys the hell out of me, always, yet he is strangely endearing. Doubt he would be interested in me, however, because I tend to not rush headlong into danger and make stupid in the moment decisions. Alas.

Levi from Fangirl! He was so sweet. I feel like he'd make a great husband. haha

There is also Jem Carstairs. Everyone loves Jem. You just have to love Jem.

Tamani from Wings is also a good one. He tends to annoy me sometimes but overall he's a good dude.

Galen Forza is also pretty cool. Even though he can annoy me as well.

...I do realize I've listed about five (fictional) people. But these are all just possibilities really. Especially since most of them tend to have anger and impulsivity issues. (And only one of them is fully human. But human boys are soooo overrated, amirite?)

I LOVE LEVI!
#19 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 5:58 AM
I think this Thread needs more Gifs.
#20 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 6:30 AM
The rules are:
They must be alive in present-day Earth.
They must be of marrying age.
They also have to be a real person, famous or not.

These rules forbid me from opening the portal to my heart ....

*has feels of alienation*
Mad Poster
#21 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 6:39 AM
Cheer up, fairycake89... there's a loophole! It doesn't say anything about Earth having to be the one in this universe! All you have to do is subscribe to one of those theories that posits the existence of a multiverse, and suddenly you can say anyone you want!

(This is why I should never be allowed to be in charge of anything... I have way too much fun with loopholes!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#22 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 6:58 AM
I'd marry my boyfriend if it was legal over here.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
#23 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I'd marry my boyfriend if it was legal over here.

Go on holiday to Ireland or New Zealand - you could both have the most gorgeous wedding at either place! <3
Instructor
#24 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Go on holiday to Ireland or New Zealand - you could both have the most gorgeous wedding at either place! <3

Thanks for the suggestions Actually all it takes is just a 100km drive to Slovenia. We are literally Europe's black sheep. Ugh

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 10:55 AM
I hope that changes for you, Gabrymato.

I am on the fence about marriage with my current love. I'd rather fantasize about fictional characters as if I were a fictional person myself. Real is too real, and if it's not someone you know well, you're already fictionalizing, so why not open it to book, movie, game, or comic characters?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.

Page 1 of 3