Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#30276 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 6:04 AM
I thought this would be a quick google but found out otherwise. It has been a while since I built one and forgot. How big do you build a sauna?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#30277 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
I thought this would be a quick google but found out otherwise. It has been a while since I built one and forgot. How big do you build a sauna?

a 3x3 room for a 3x3 sauna object from BV
unless...you meant a CC sauna...i dont really know how big they make em
Mad Poster
#30278 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 1:15 PM
You don't even have to build it. Put it down and it puts up its own walls, which you then decorate.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#30279 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 7:43 PM
Thanks to both of you, but I tried what Peni said before I asked- and it didn't work. I wonder why?
Mad Poster
#30280 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 7:58 PM
Is it just not placing at all without walls to put it on? When I place mine and don't get them right the first time I have to go around deleting autowalls. I wonder if one of us has a forgotten mod, or one with a side effect.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30281 Old 20th Sep 2022 at 11:15 PM
Thanks to both of you, but I tried what Peni said before I asked- and it didn't work. I wonder why?

Try placing it down on an empty area of land. It should build itself in that there is the sauna bench and walls. If it isn't I would suspect some CC is sharing a GUID with it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30282 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Try placing it down on an empty area of land. It should build itself in that there is the sauna bench and walls. If it isn't I would suspect some CC is sharing a GUID with it.

I was trying to build it in my rich sim's home. There must be something on the wall I don't see.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30283 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 1:19 AM
I was trying to build it in my rich sim's home. There must be something on the wall I don't see.

That could prevent it placing unless you have move objects on active.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#30284 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That could prevent it placing unless you have move objects on active.

I rarely use move objects on, unless I'm placing clutter on the counter.
Forum Resident
#30285 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 2:32 AM
it could be anything really, even without cc
sometimes, when i have walls down or zoomed out real far I cant place things near walls cos maybe a wall phone, wall light, 2 tiled window, a door, curtain etc. is there.
i dont have recent memory of placing a sauna w move_objects on so I cant say for sure what happens if you do place it while an object is in the way

try joandsarah77's suggestion, place it in an empty spot of land and see if it places. if it does, it's working just fine and an object is in the way where u want it.
Mad Poster
#30286 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 5:15 AM
I tried putting all walls up and zoom in as far as I could and still seen nothing. So I grabbed the hand tool and slowly moved across all walls and finally found a small light on the wall. This took me an hour, but at least I know why I couldn't place the sauna. Thank you all for the help.
Theorist
#30287 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 9:03 AM
^ Such a shame that the sledgehammer tool is so worthless in TS2...
Mad Poster
#30288 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 1:54 PM
It's not worthless. It just requires a very steady hand on the mouse.

Mad Poster
#30289 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
^ Such a shame that the sledgehammer tool is so worthless in TS2...

Next time, I'm just gonna use the sledgehammer and knock down the walls. It would be a lot quicker.
Theorist
#30290 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 12:46 PM
Compared to TS3 where you can drag a grid outlining all the objects you wish to delete (and me using that function very often there), I find that the TS2 sledgehammer may only be useful only when deleting things in batch (saves you each "Delete" key stroke). But since I just spam mouse+Delete most of the time, I forget that it exists. Does it have any other use that I may not be familiar of?
Instructor
#30291 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 1:09 PM
The sledgehammer is the only way I know of to delete modular stairs.
Instructor
#30292 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 6:47 PM
But... but... but surely you delete modular stairs by right clicking on them with the same stair selected? Or am I missing something?
Mad Poster
#30293 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 7:17 PM
You know sometimes you get extra floor tiles sticking out from the edge of an upper floor, just hanging there? I can't get rid of those except with the sledgehammer.

Basically the sledgehammer is an alternate way to get rid of something when the CTL isn't working or your brain is hiccuping or your mouse won't let you get rid of just one square or whatever. I bash roofs with it. You can probably undo roofs with a key-mouse combo but I can never remember it and the sledgehammer takes out the whole roof with one click, easy as pie. I also do stairs with it if I want to clear stairs after I've been doing other things and don't feel like going back to the stair screen.

It's good to have alternatives. The sledgehammer gets rid of anything and is clearly recognizable as a "destroy" option.

Instructor
#30294 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
But... but... but surely you delete modular stairs by right clicking on them with the same stair selected? Or am I missing something?

No, I don't think you're missing anything So far it was just the only way I knew how to delete modular stairs, now I know of a second option, thanks!
Instructor
#30295 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 10:16 PM
Well, Corax, I had never thought of using the sledgehammer myself, so thanks you too . I've played so many years on basegame only that I don't even think of those possibilities and the right clicking is a bit clunky.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30296 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You know sometimes you get extra floor tiles sticking out from the edge of an upper floor, just hanging there? I can't get rid of those except with the sledgehammer.

If you approach them from beneath, you can ctrl-click remove them with a floortile selected. In the same way that you would recolour the ceiling.
Mad Poster
#30297 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 10:53 PM
Not having Pets, I don't have the sledgehammer. I have however successfully deleted both modular stairs and sticking-out floor tiles. Sometimes though, to delete the floor tiles, I had to build a wall (or a column) underneath them to support them. Then I could delete the tiles, and then I'd demolish the wall again.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#30298 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 2:42 AM
Knocking out roof tiles reminds me of a very old game with up to four players called "Don't Break the Ice." where you take out plastic white blocks on a stilted frame rectangle with a plastic hammer. The first person to make the blocks cave in and collapse lost the game and was eliminated. We kept going until there was one person left
That's what knocking out roof tiles with the sledgehammer tool reminds me of. Only in sims 2 the tiles don't collapse when you knock out the tiles.
Mad Poster
#30299 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 7:34 AM
I use the sledgehammer to delete almost everything I want to delete when I am building. Because - I like to use the sledgehammer.
Lab Assistant
#30300 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 5:40 PM
I also use the sledgehammer almost all the time I want to delete anything!

New question: Is there a way to get rid of that "Some of your installed expansion packs have no associated sub-neighborhoods installed" pop-up you get on the neighborhood screen? (Besides adding the subhoods of course!)
Page 1212 of 1347