Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#101 Old 17th Oct 2006 at 7:24 PM
on ts2.com , there is a new forum: lets talk about the seasons (or something like that) and they have put up a scan of the leaflet on the front page
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 1:55 AM
Thanks for letting us know Callum, I wouldn't have noticed for awhile, I rarely brave that site :P

Looks like it's been confirmed (pretty much, lol)! ^_^
I can't wait to hear more about it.

My name is Loren.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 3:26 AM
okay i found this on the sims2 site:

Author: dolphin1663 - Rank: Tongue-Tied Tourist - View MySimPage Profile
Date: Oct-17-06 06:42 PM PDT
Subject: Re: You know what would be awesome...

That would be cool. More info?
IN SEASON:
- Released this spring.
- Different seasons, (each season are 10 simdays)
- The Sims must wear appropriate clothing or else they could die, (during winter they must wear warm clothes, summer: less clothing etc.
- The Sims can buy "heat-warmers" (I don't know what they're called), for their houses.
- You would need an umbrella when ur out in the rain or else the sims will get "mad" and "frustrated", nobody wants to get wet outside esp. when its raining.
- There will be snowboards.
- Dogs and cats will need winterclothing.

and if it's true...then wouldn't the third thing cause a major issue with custom clothing?that would be scary...
Field Researcher
#104 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:17 AM
So they could get colds from the cold, or rain! That would be awesome, instead of just randomly getting the flu (from roaches?)
Mad Poster
#105 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:38 AM
I hope that our Sims can actually "feel" the weather and not just have it. Such as, they get cold during cold weather and need to use the fireplace or buy a heater. And then when it gets hot, they can buy an air conditioner or fan to cool off, maybe even a dip in the pool. I mean, weather should be real, you know? Imagine our little Sims shivering or sweating? lol.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 5:46 AM
I think it could either turn out really cool or awful... I don't know. I'm kinda looking forward to it.
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 4:24 PM
WOW!!! the seasons actually happend on the lot?? thats really COOL!!!!
now i can witness the trees turning into red during autumn!
and yes, maxis should made the sims react to the weather.
Test Subject
#108 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 8:44 PM
for those who do not like going to the main forum here is the proof pic
Test Subject
#109 Old 18th Oct 2006 at 9:55 PM
yeah... ive pretty much always since sims 1 wished i could put a central air conditioner outside of my house...I really really hope that we will need thermous stats and stuff in homes.... OOH we can need a boiler room!!!!

And central air conditioning units.

Maybe if they are too hot or too cold it can effect their environment and comfort stats or something.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:45 AM
I LOVE the idea for this, I wonderi f they'll pull it off. I remeber someone finding a wind electricity generator in the files. I can't wait!

Note: Maybe if we are lucky they'll put the basketball hoop in this.

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
Test Subject
#111 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 3:11 AM
I'm wondering if the supernatural "creature" for this EP might be witches or something to that effect -- less of the flashy magic, and more potions kind of thing. Like, they can create aging potions only in winter, youth potions only in spring, or other kind of things.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LuteFanBoyNick
Note: Maybe if we are lucky they'll put the basketball hoop in this.

I'm amazed they haven't given us this one back already... My athletic sims have so little to do!

The hoop (and if I can wish "big": the volleyball net) would be excellent summer activities to have in the game. Right? Right. Ok, so that's agreed on then, Maxis? Ok.

Lab Assistant
#113 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
I'm amazed they haven't given us this one back already... My athletic sims have so little to do!

The hoop (and if I can wish "big": the volleyball net) would be excellent summer activities to have in the game. Right? Right. Ok, so that's agreed on then, Maxis? Ok.

This would be a great EP for them to put more outdoor activities in. I really hope they do, my sims always live inside, unless their on that damn swingset lol and I hate that they have nothing to do outside.*crosses fingers*

My name is Loren.
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 10:12 PM
IMO, this looks REALLY rubbish. Not worth the £20 they will charge. Thats from looking at just the weather. I hope there is LOADS more features in this game, or it's coming off Ebay when it's .£10 if at all.

LOL guess weather just doesn't float my boat.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal

Volleyball would be awsome too, I've also been thinking of some kind of soccer, since in this game the games are EXACTLY like the real thing. (Gogo me playing along in chess and Texas Hold'em)

Back from the dead. Even though nobody cares.
#116 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ralok_one
what kind of monster creature would come with this pack hmm

A yeti/adominable snowman At least thats my guess.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#117 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:28 AM
The yeti or Frosty the snowman would be my guess LOL. What other thing would be seasonal? or maybe they will just skip the supernatural thing this time? (maybe it will be the loch ness monster since they are doing fishing?!) They usually like interaction someway, but I could see the yeti getting into your trashcans like bears LOL.
Lab Assistant
#118 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shnooks
I'm actually hoping they don't get seasons. Some rain would be nice, and like someone said before, different weather based on the terrain, but I wouldn't want it to change seasons (winter, spring, summer, fall).

Not only will it probably make the game even BIGGER and take even LONGER to load, I think it would eventually get on my nerves.

You don't have to buy it. I personally look forward to having variable weather in the Sims. Maybe even the odd extreme weathers, like a tornado in the garden.

I would be interesting in what new other features they will put in it.
Scholar
#119 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:32 PM
Tornados!! I want tornadoes!! OH and in the Pets box it says that In Season is going to come early 2007

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
OH and in the Pets box it says that In Season is going to come early 2007

Yes. Don't expect it in Jan or Feb or anything silly like that. There's always a spring EP and a fall EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#121 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:08 PM
I can't wait till In Season! I wished they released this before Pets! LOL

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Scholar
#122 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Yes. Don't expect it in Jan or Feb or anything silly like that. There's always a spring EP and a fall EP.

Well this years Spring and Fall EP was OFB in February and Pets in October (fall). I am expecting it around March, or late April.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#123 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:21 PM
I am hoping for March, since I think they were working on it while they did Pets, thinking it originally would go in Pets? <may be wayyyyyy offbase, not sure!>
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I can't wait till In Season! I wished they released this before Pets! LOL

Ehhh not me.

I won't be buying this one.
#125 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 10:26 PM
Well it's really too early on for me to form a good opinion on it. But if I'm guessing...I'll probably buy it lol
Page 5 of 8