Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ConradThe2nd
I just heard about it am I'm furious! Yuck! I don't want seasons, I am definately NOT getting that EP!

Imagine playing a house, its winter there, then your neighbors house is summer while across the road the house is in fall. Yeah that makes sense!

I can say now hopefully thjs will be the last EP, as Ill have to stop with Pets, and bring on the Sims3 before that ruin the Sims2 anymore.

Hmmm... Does it annoy you that it's midnight in one house and midday in another. And down the road it's 5am?

Perhaps you could play one season at a time, or disable the weather option and enjoy the other things that ship with the game?

Please call me Ace
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#152 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 1:24 AM
I'm conufsed, I read on the leaflet that you could make summer homes and winter shelts so doesnt that mean that this isnt just wheater but vacationas as well?
#153 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 3:08 AM
I think that this expansion would be good - only if there was an option to turn off weather or a cheat or something to change the season. I wouldn't want it to stay 1 season for 10 sim days, that's a bit long, especially since the toddler or child age doesn't last that long. It wouldn't be normal for it to be 1 season for a sims whole childhood.
Field Researcher
#154 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 6:43 AM
I'm sure there will be a cheat to change the season, or a modder could work something out.

Frankly, we don't know near enough about this EP at all to be getting judgemental, or worried.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 2:58 PM
It'll probably 1 day = 1 season, that way each lifestage will get a season (except babies but you cant do much with them anyway.
#156 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 5:54 PM
Hey, its okay if the seasons are wacky.. XD I'll just tell myself that my sims live in Michigan! Heh.
Test Subject
#157 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nekochanpurr
Hey, its okay if the seasons are wacky.. XD I'll just tell myself that my sims live in Michigan! Heh.

i live in michigan and she is very right.weatehr is really werid here.
#158 Old 30th Oct 2006 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Akuma-sama
i live in michigan and she is very right.weatehr is really werid here.

Can't be as weird as England. We can go through all four seasons three times in one day here (Honest! Once sat and counted...)
Field Researcher
#159 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 7:14 PM
Have you got any pic. of Seasons? I can have one! There is a Pic with a pub about the next EP in the cd box of pets of the portuguese version!! Dunno if you've seen it already!
#160 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 5:30 PM
I know a fan suggested that but I didn't think Maxis had officially said anything of the sort
...Or anything at all...
I thought we just had the advert from Pets - am I missing something?
Field Researcher
#161 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:06 PM
If this new expansion wasn't coming out then why would they do an advertisment in the Sims 2: Pets CD case? They wouldn't want everyone to get excited for nothing....

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
#162 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 7:28 PM
Um...who said it wasn't coming out?
Field Researcher
#163 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:08 PM
Lots of people are wondering whether it is or isn't. That's why I left the comment.

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
#164 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 8:12 PM
Well considering it's been posted on the Sims 2 site and a flyer was in the Pets expansion I would most definitely say it is....
#165 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamsterball
I would personally prefer the idea of a Vacation-like theme to weather.

Same here.
Test Subject
#166 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:31 PM
Personally I wish they weren't just remaking all the old Sims 1 EPs for Sims 2. So far only half of them have been original ideas - University and Open for Business. Nightlife = Hot Date and Pets = Unleashed. In Season sounds too much like the Vacation expansion to me. And it's also the first expansion I'm not even remotely interested in getting.

I think weather would be cool, but the idea of having to match clothes to the weather is a bit annoying, 'specially if 10 Sim Days equal a season or.. whatever (I think I read that somewhere in this thread, haha). I hope there's other stuff involved in this EP.
#167 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 11:32 PM
I think they'd go quite nicely hand in hand. That's one thing I didn't like about Vacation for Sims 1. There was one island with one spot being winter vacationing spots, then wooded area, then a beach.
Test Subject
#168 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 2:46 AM
I am actually looking forward to this game. I think that it's going to be neat to have snow & leaves falling down on our sim houses. It will make the game muce more realistic and inviting. When I first heard about the EP I was 99.9% sure that I didn't like it and wasn't going to buy it. I had a change of heart
#169 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 11:42 AM
Well I for one can't be 99.9% sure I'd hate it until I find out more information lol People forumalate opinions way too soon often times. I do believe though I will enjoy it as I've enjoyed every other expansion so far.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#170 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 1:07 PM
I don't have an opinion that I'd hate it - I don't know as I haven't played. I just have the opinion that I'm not spending anymore money on sims2
#171 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 7:41 PM
Seasons sounds fun. Might make the game more realistic and intresting. But I have to say that when I herd about sims 2 I was like omg I can't wait and when I got it I was all happy and I still love the game but I must say that I'm a little disapointed in the Ep's it feels almost like their should be more stuff in them. More interactions more options I mean you can pay 30 bucks for 6 months of a pay site and get great stuff alot. I just wish that maybe they would spend more time on the Ep making sure no bugs are anything and have more things than a whole bunch of Ep with not that much stuff and lots of problems. Just my own opinon.
Lab Assistant
#172 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 10:43 PM
I'm not sure about this one.... I regretted buying OfB when I did (should have saved my money for Pets! :P), and didn't get Vacation or Superstar for Sims1 until I found it cheap somewhere (Amazon, I think?). There's no need to buy every expansion pack they make.

I think if they did a layering thing like a few people have said (accessory kind of thing where you can add a coat or hat), I'd give it more consideration. Make me dress my sims in sweaters when I'm on a tshirt mood, and I'm not a happy person.

Let's see... as far as pets needing winter clothing... What? Even if I lived in NY still I wouldn't have a coat for my poodle... he's got his own coat.

If they add more stuff, like gardening, fun outdoor things to do (I don't know about the snowboarding, honestly... doesn't do it for me), clothes... HAIR (I want more and better guy hair. :P)...

Just gonna have to wait to see how it turns out, I guess...
Inventor
#173 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 3:01 AM
3 holiday packs? I thought there were 2, one online and one that had sims 2 with it..

So the life stories is the weather EP? Or something else? Hmmmmmmm, very interesting :D

I like the EPs coming out and I tell ya, it adds spice to the already owned Sims 2! Gotta love it, especially when I'm just getting burned out on all the old options.

Thanks for sharing!
xts

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Scholar
#174 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by discordkitty
Yes. Don't expect it in Jan or Feb or anything silly like that. There's always a spring EP and a fall EP.

I just found out that In Season comes out on February 27th 07, that's pretty early! I know its a bit late to say this, but, "Proved you wrong, Discord :P" In a nice way
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646870

And "Life Stories" has a price of 39.99 dollars at gamestop, which could mean it wont be a Stuff pack...odd...

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
Original Poster
#175 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 12:57 PM
*pat pat* go have a cookie.
Page 7 of 8