Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 23-JUL-2016) Eat Outside Restaurants + Waiters

by icarus_allsorts Posted 5th May 2014 at 8:32 PM - Updated 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:51 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod update

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 83 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 6
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#101 Old 4th May 2016 at 12:25 PM
@RedMallie Sorry for the late reply, if you had trouble unzipping the previous file, using 7-Zip to do it is recommended, but this should no longer be a problem with the latest version I've uploaded.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#102 Old 4th May 2016 at 3:44 PM
Thanks for the update!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#103 Old 4th May 2016 at 5:28 PM
Awesome update icarus. Thanks so much.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#104 Old 5th May 2016 at 1:57 AM
Oh wow. Such a great update. Lots of internet hugs!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 5th May 2016 at 4:01 AM
OMG, that's such an awesome update to this mod!!!! SO EXCITED!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#106 Old 5th May 2016 at 7:01 AM
This is great! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#107 Old 6th May 2016 at 6:28 PM
Dude .. Really....Seriously.....THANK YOU
Inventor
#108 Old 6th May 2016 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
@RedMallie Sorry for the late reply, if you had trouble unzipping the previous file, using 7-Zip to do it is recommended, but this should no longer be a problem with the latest version I've uploaded.

No worries about the time it took you to reply. Thank you much for doing so.

I use 7zip regularly, and still had the problem, but I am going to check, correction, I have tried again, and the extraction went smoothly. Thank you very much!!!
Instructor
#109 Old 10th May 2016 at 3:43 AM
This awesome mod just got awesomer!
Scholar
#110 Old 11th May 2016 at 5:28 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 11th May 2016 at 6:03 AM.
Hi Icarus, I love the updates on this mod
I think there is a little bug though, where the recipes on the menu keep adding themselves twice, sometimes more when adding/removing foods. I remove the surplus foods only for them to come back again when trying to add other foods.

Edit: Never mind, its not a bug, its silly me lol. I see the foods that were already added stayed highlighted, therefore they'd be added again and again (until I un-highlight them ) As I said, silly me!
I love this mod
Test Subject
#111 Old 11th May 2016 at 4:29 PM
Default thanks
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#112 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:32 PM
Thank you, i love all your great Mods!
Test Subject
#113 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 12:47 PM
Hey, I really love this mod and have been using it for a while with no problems, but I've noticed an odd bug with it whenever I try to load Bridgeport or Monte Vista with this mod in the packages folder. The progress bar for the world always gets almost to the end before making no more progress no matter how long I leave it, and it doesn't matter if it's a new or existing save file, either. The only way to load these worlds for me is to take out this mod, which really sucks since I love being able to make restaurants my sims can actually eat in. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm currently running Generations, Seasons, and Late Night, but I've noticed the problem with Monte Vista when I only had Generations.
Test Subject
#114 Old 2nd Jul 2016 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yumanaa
Hey, I really love this mod and have been using it for a while with no problems, but I've noticed an odd bug with it whenever I try to load Bridgeport or Monte Vista with this mod in the packages folder. The progress bar for the world always gets almost to the end before making no more progress no matter how long I leave it, and it doesn't matter if it's a new or existing save file, either. The only way to load these worlds for me is to take out this mod, which really sucks since I love being able to make restaurants my sims can actually eat in. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm currently running Generations, Seasons, and Late Night, but I've noticed the problem with Monte Vista when I only had Generations.

I'm having a similar issue. I can load existing saves with this mod installed with no problems, but when I try to start a new game in any town the progress bar on the loading screen gets stuck at 99%. The only fix is to remove the mod then put it back into the folder once I create a save.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#115 Old 3rd Jul 2016 at 5:49 PM
Awesome mod. Thank you very much ! It's brilliant ; -)
Test Subject
#116 Old 9th Jul 2016 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Stetko86
I'm having a similar issue. I can load existing saves with this mod installed with no problems, but when I try to start a new game in any town the progress bar on the loading screen gets stuck at 99%. The only fix is to remove the mod then put it back into the folder once I create a save.

I am also having this issue, will try that fix and see if it works. Thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#117 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I think there is a little bug though, where the recipes on the menu keep adding themselves twice, sometimes more when adding/removing foods. I remove the surplus foods only for them to come back again when trying to add other foods.

Edit: Never mind, its not a bug, its silly me lol. I see the foods that were already added stayed highlighted, therefore they'd be added again and again

Although it was intentional at first, I've realized how counter intuitive it was so I've fixed it so that the recipes unhighlight themselves after being added to the menu.

@yumanaa @Stetko86 @SamCarr21 Turns out that some worlds have "lotless" rabbitholes floating about them which I didn't accounted for (who would?) and thus tripped the mod up when trying to load a new game in these worlds. The game should get rid of them once you start playing the world which explains why loading a saved game with the mod still worked. Anyways, the issue should be resolved with the latest version of the mod. Thanks for the reports
Field Researcher
#118 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 2:05 PM
i didnt even know about this bug was I wondering what it is but i wouldnt give this one up lol for drinks u think u can add a champagne and or nectar to the drinks list i been using this outside inside my bistros must i say this and your eat outside and food synisizer are a MUST HAVE i dont need ani or store one except for vip tables who get chef special ty for the upgrade.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 2:57 AM Last edited by JT` : 20th Jul 2016 at 8:38 PM.
I haven't tried the new version yet, but I didn't see anything about this in the changelog: (in Monte Vista, if it matters, at the combo restaurant rabbithole) sims are being given their food at a place setting other than their own -- it happened both eating alone and with others. For instance, if I click on the table to Eat Outside, my sim routes to the chair on the south side of the table, and the waiter goes inside, comes back out with the food, and then places the food on the chair on the west side of the table. The only way to eat the food is to cancel the Eat Outside interaction and click on the plate and choose to eat it manually.

This also means free food. Um.

I'll give the update a shot and see if the problem has vanished. =)

[edit] Haven't tried a "normal" group yet, but get the following script error when trying to "Eat Outside... Eat With Date".

This is especially interesting because in spite of clicking on a table outside and having two service sim waiters, it seemed to be using the old behaviour of the customer entering the restaurant themselves to select a meal. I selected a manually-added menu item (Lasagna Sopresa) and after paying and exiting the restaurant with her own food item, the sim performed an immediate reset (which destroyed the date situation of course =)). I'll test the Eat Alone and Eat With Group soon as well.

If a picture is worth 1000 words, a video is worth 30000 words per second assuming normal frame rates, so I'll see if I can capture the waiters placing the meal in the wrong slot, as that one doesn't cause a script error and simply fails.

Of particular note is that the tables have only three chairs, leaving the chair slot closer to the centre of the lot empty, in case that affects the algorithm. I also have a standard bar converted to a professional bar on the same lot.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#120 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 2:16 PM
@JT` The waiters serving food to the wrong spots may be due to the sims not sitting at their assigned spots in the first place, that I think I know how to fix so thanks for the report. As for how your sim's date went wrong, it rather baffling to me even with the script error. A few things I'd like to know which might help shed some light on the cause:
1.was there a picnic table on the lot
2.were your sims on the lot when you clicked on the table to start the interaction or were there somewhere else and had to route there
3. were the waiters already on the lot at the start of the interaction/when your sims got to the lot
4. was this a one off thing or are you constantly experiencing weird results with the interaction on this lot?
Field Researcher
#121 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 11:13 PM Last edited by JT` : 22nd Jul 2016 at 12:32 AM.
Heh! I got sidetracked working on a tuning mod and completely forgot to test this further last night. =P Cool beans on the Eat Alone/With Group fix!

For individual answers:

Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
1.was there a picnic table on the lot

Fairly sure there wasn't. I'll edit after I double check. [edit]Nope, no picnic tables. Two standard round bistro tables with four bistro chairs, four more of the same tables with only three chairs each, a basegame bar (with your professional interactions enabled) with two stools, and three community benches. And two dumpsters, which wouldn't affect anything. ;-)

Quote:
2.were your sims on the lot when you clicked on the table to start the interaction or were there somewhere else and had to route there

I'm fairly sure the dating couple was off the lot, now that you mention it. In the Monte Vista world the rabbithole shell occupies the vast majority of the lot, and the outdoor seating area is only about 8 tiles from the edge and fenced in all the way up to 1 tile from the edge, so that sims who are outside the restaurant entrance are usually in the world lot (the rabbithole entrance is also only about 4 tiles from the edge). Waiters have to route along the fringe of the lot to get to the seating area at all.

Quote:
3. were the waiters already on the lot at the start of the interaction/when your sims got to the lot

I can't actually say for certain, but that also seems like a potential cause! From memory I did show up at about 11:30 (my tuning makes restaurants open at 11 AM), so it's possible that they weren't there yet. Given the aforementioned size of the rabbithole and the lack of standing room, I tended to stop looking for the waiters before placing an order since it usually "just worked". =) I noticed that it took NRaas Register service sims a good 30 minutes to make it to my festival lot's concession stands in town, so it stands to reason that they hadn't arrived yet.

Quote:
4. was this a one off thing or are you constantly experiencing weird results with the interaction on this lot?

It was a one-off thing as far as Eat With Date is concerned, since it was their first date after graduation! Heh. I'll have to test more to see if its reproducible. =)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#122 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:56 PM
@JT`Ok, I think I got the cause of it, it was indeed as you reported because the waiters were hanging around the entrance of the rabbithole at the time but were outside the lot borders so your sims assumed there were no waiters on the lot to order from. The reset was caused by something else but that and various other things have been smoothened out in the newest version. Thanks again for the report
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#123 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 4:02 PM
I adore you for this!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#124 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 10:50 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 1st Mar 2017 at 4:07 PM
This is awesome! It really bothered me that one couldn't actually enjoy the ambience when dining out... this makes the whole process far more realistic and enjoyable! <3
Page 5 of 6