Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager V1.2 - SUBFOLDER SUPPORT

by Jibby Posted 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:56 PM - Updated 27th Jul 2019 at 12:57 AM by Jibby

170 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 127 Feedback Posts, 42 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 10:52 AM
This is amazing! unfortunately I'm a mac user, so I can't quite use it yet. I spent all day fiddling about with wine to see if I could get it up and running, and while the .exe installed with no worries, when wine tries to launch the manager it crashes with a fatal error. talk about devastating rip. I don't know if the wine error is something that could be fixed on your end (since my mac runs other .exe programs using wine with no problems) so I suppose I'll be waiting in the wings with all the other mac users to see if you're ever able to get a mac version up and running. I can assure you, if you did, you'd become the single most popular person amongst the mac simmer community overnight!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flossie299
This is amazing! unfortunately I'm a mac user, so I can't quite use it yet. I spent all day fiddling about with wine to see if I could get it up and running, and while the .exe installed with no worries, when wine tries to launch the manager it crashes with a fatal error. talk about devastating rip. I don't know if the wine error is something that could be fixed on your end (since my mac runs other .exe programs using wine with no problems) so I suppose I'll be waiting in the wings with all the other mac users to see if you're ever able to get a mac version up and running. I can assure you, if you did, you'd become the single most popular person amongst the mac simmer community overnight!

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words
I can potentially look into getting the application to work under WINE, but not able to make any promises at this time. Are there any error logs or specific messages that appear when you try to launch it?

Trust me, I'd love to get a macOS version released too haha. It's very early days, but after seeing the number of requests, I've been researching ways to make that a reality despite not owning a Mac. Nothing set in stone just yet but believe me when I say I haven't forgotten about you Mac users
Test Subject
#78 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jibby
Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words
I can potentially look into getting the application to work under WINE, but not able to make any promises at this time. Are there any error logs or specific messages that appear when you try to launch it?

Trust me, I'd love to get a macOS version released too haha. It's very early days, but after seeing the number of requests, I've been researching ways to make that a reality despite not owning a Mac. Nothing set in stone just yet but believe me when I say I haven't forgotten about you Mac users

I spent a bit more time fiddling around with wine this morning (keep in mind I'm not an expert; if it doesn't work on the first go I'm generally completely at sea) and this is the message I'm getting at the moment:

Unhandled Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: WinForms_SeeInnerException ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No valid icon entry were found. at System.Drawing.Icon.InitFromStreamWithSize (System.IO.Stream stream, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) [0x001f3] in <3110e6dfe53a465e917aa087708d1bb4>:0
at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor (System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo info, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext context) [0x00095] in <3110e6dfe53a465e917aa087708d1bb4>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00002] in <9727e7c25d434f57880423f7c033fc46>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(the whole log is actually longer than that but there's too many characters to post the whole thing here, so I hope you get some idea of what's happening from that segment! let me know if you need the rest of it)
and no worries, you're already going above and beyond by looking into a mac version and it'd be totally understandable if you decided not to go forward with it, but it's honestly very exciting to even hear you say you're contemplating it! most windows creators just straight up say there will never be a mac version and that's that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 3:38 PM
I spent a bit more time fiddling around with wine this morning (keep in mind I'm not an expert; if it doesn't work on the first go I'm generally completely at sea) and this is the message I'm getting at the moment:

Unhandled Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: WinForms_SeeInnerException ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: No valid icon entry were found. at System.Drawing.Icon.InitFromStreamWithSize (System.IO.Stream stream, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height) [0x001f3] in <3110e6dfe53a465e917aa087708d1bb4>:0
at System.Drawing.Icon..ctor (System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationInfo info, System.Runtime.Serialization.StreamingContext context) [0x00095] in <3110e6dfe53a465e917aa087708d1bb4>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00002] in <9727e7c25d434f57880423f7c033fc46>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(the whole log is actually longer than that but there's too many characters to post the whole thing here, so I hope you get some idea of what's happening from that segment! let me know if you need the rest of it)
and no worries, you're already going above and beyond by looking into a mac version and it'd be totally understandable if you decided not to go forward with it, but it's honestly very exciting to even hear you say you're contemplating it! most windows creators just straight up say there will never be a mac version and that's that.

Thank you! Whilst I can't promise that I'll figure it out, once the 1.3 update is complete I'll definitely see if I can compile a special version that opens in WINE
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 5:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jibby
Thank you! Whilst I can't promise that I'll figure it out, once the 1.3 update is complete I'll definitely see if I can compile a special version that opens in WINE

well, it'd make my entire year if you manage it!! thanks so much for trying, fingers crossed you figure it out!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#81 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 6:45 PM
Thanks for such a great utility program!!! My game runs so much smoother now and has no problems loading up. I am in-game in half the time it used to take me and I have almost a thousand mods. You really did a great job!!! I can't wait for the update. Do you mind if I shared this with a Sims 4 group on Facebook?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#82 Old 1st Oct 2019 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lunamist2
Thanks for such a great utility program!!! My game runs so much smoother now and has no problems loading up. I am in-game in half the time it used to take me and I have almost a thousand mods. You really did a great job!!! I can't wait for the update. Do you mind if I shared this with a Sims 4 group on Facebook?

Thanks so much, that's really great to hear! I appreciate the update is a little behind schedule (life's been busy lately ), but rest assured as it is coming.

Please feel free to share, I'd really love that
Test Subject
#83 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 8:46 PM
@Jibby
First of all, thank you for this excellent Mod Manager. It has really made my life a lot easier in the two months I've been using it.
Today I got to trawling through this thread (just to see if there were an update on the way) and saw another user comment on your error messages. I simply had to try to run the programme twice just to see that message. I was literally when I read it and it got me thinking... I've never actually (other than this once, on purpose) tried to start the Mod Manager a second time but I have done it with the game a number of times.

I always start the game from the launch-button and frequently alt+tab out of the game to do something else (I hate windowed mode). When I'm ready to play again I see your manager on my desktop and of course I click on "Launch Game" and absolutely nothing happens (I can be a bit distracted sometimes).

Well... To cut to the chase. How about an error message when a user tries to run the game when it's already running? Or maybe a routine that checks if the game is running and push it from minimized to fullscreen if it is?

Holy c... A long tale for such a short question. Just once again... Thank you very much for this Mod Manager. I can hardly wait for version 1.3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lazlo_71
@Jibby
First of all, thank you for this excellent Mod Manager. It has really made my life a lot easier in the two months I've been using it.
Today I got to trawling through this thread (just to see if there were an update on the way) and saw another user comment on your error messages. I simply had to try to run the programme twice just to see that message. I was literally when I read it and it got me thinking... I've never actually (other than this once, on purpose) tried to start the Mod Manager a second time but I have done it with the game a number of times.

I always start the game from the launch-button and frequently alt+tab out of the game to do something else (I hate windowed mode). When I'm ready to play again I see your manager on my desktop and of course I click on "Launch Game" and absolutely nothing happens (I can be a bit distracted sometimes).

Well... To cut to the chase. How about an error message when a user tries to run the game when it's already running? Or maybe a routine that checks if the game is running and push it from minimized to fullscreen if it is?

Holy c... A long tale for such a short question. Just once again... Thank you very much for this Mod Manager. I can hardly wait for version 1.3.

A fantastic idea, I'll definitely implement this in the next update!

I'm glad you've been finding the application so useful. It's really awesome to hear that something I wrote is having such a positive impact on people, so I'm extremely humbled by the kind words
I still don't have an ETA on 1.3, but it's going to be a big update with a lot of new features and improvements so it's definitely something to look forward to!

Thanks again for the suggestion!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#85 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 8:56 PM
Hi everyone! Just wanted to give a quick progress update. Development on 1.3 is coming along nicely.
I can't make any promises but I'm hoping to get it released some time this month, so please stay tuned for more info!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 12:55 AM
Thank you for this mods !
but it's don't work ;;
I have a error message : hmmm the application, couldn't detect your mods floders ...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nerinee
Thank you for this mods !
but it's don't work ;;
I have a error message : hmmm the application, couldn't detect your mods floders ...

Hi! This message appears when the program fails to auto-detect the folder that your mods go in (usually Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods). If you click ok, a window should pop up that allows you to manually select this folder, then it should run just fine.

By any chance is your game's language set to something other than English? There's an oversight in the current version of the program whereby it only looks for "The Sims 4" and doesn't detect translations such as "Les Sims 4" or "Die Sims 4".
Test Subject
#88 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 6:47 PM
Where and How is it installed? Don't mean to be a dummy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 10th Nov 2019 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrandmaChocolate
Where and How is it installed? Don't mean to be a dummy

Hey! There's no need to install. All you have to do is unzip the download and then run the file. The application should then start right up.
Simple as that!

If you're having issues, let me know and we can try and get it all sorted out
Field Researcher
#90 Old 11th Nov 2019 at 10:30 PM
Testing this out now, with the patch coming and all. One Q: would it be possible to be able to load different tray-folders and save-folders too? Asking this because I am playing different themed worlds and it would be great to be able to load the tray-files for Medieval, or the saves.
Looking good so far, very fast and great looking UI!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 12th Nov 2019 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ingeli
Testing this out now, with the patch coming and all. One Q: would it be possible to be able to load different tray-folders and save-folders too? Asking this because I am playing different themed worlds and it would be great to be able to load the tray-files for Medieval, or the saves.
Looking good so far, very fast and great looking UI!

Hey, thanks for the suggestions! I've been wanting to add a full on save game manager down the line, but in the meantime I might add a simple folder swap function for saves/trays. This will likely be a 1.4 feature though. I want to avoid feature creep with 1.3 so I can get it out on time.

Glad you like the program
Test Subject
#92 Old 14th Nov 2019 at 7:28 PM
@Jibby
Good to hear that you are on track with the update. Can't wait to see what goodies you've got for us.
Got a small suggestion for you.
I haven't updated my game yet (the big uni pre-patch) because I'm waiting for a couple of mods to be updated, so when I started the Mod Manager up today in preparation to play a little Sims I almost had a seizure when MM told me tahe there was a new game version and so and so... Origin was supposed to be off-line and I always assumed that you pulled the game version from The Sims 4 folder.
And here the suggestion... Would it be possible to get something like this:

Current Game Version: x.xx.xx.xxxx (obviously pulled from whereever you pull it from)
Your Game Version: y.yy.yy.yyyy (pulled from the GameVersion.txt in The Sims 4 folder)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lazlo_71
@Jibby
Good to hear that you are on track with the update. Can't wait to see what goodies you've got for us.
Got a small suggestion for you.
I haven't updated my game yet (the big uni pre-patch) because I'm waiting for a couple of mods to be updated, so when I started the Mod Manager up today in preparation to play a little Sims I almost had a seizure when MM told me tahe there was a new game version and so and so... Origin was supposed to be off-line and I always assumed that you pulled the game version from The Sims 4 folder.
And here the suggestion... Would it be possible to get something like this:

Current Game Version: x.xx.xx.xxxx (obviously pulled from whereever you pull it from)
Your Game Version: y.yy.yy.yyyy (pulled from the GameVersion.txt in The Sims 4 folder)

Ahh, sorry for the fright haha. I pull the game version from 'The Sims 4\Game\Bin\Default.ini' as it's always up to date whereas as far as I'm aware GameVersion.txt only changes after the game starts. I didn't realise that it changes before even applying the update though - I wonder how that works.

But thanks for letting me know! I'll definitely look into some solutions to ensure that doesn't happen again
Test Subject
#94 Old 20th Nov 2019 at 4:41 AM
Hello I can't get this to open for me I've downloaded it and it unzips but nothing else happens... What am I doing wrong??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 21st Nov 2019 at 1:56 PM
Hey I was wondering if you could create a Mac version of this file I play the sims on my iMac computer... thanks a lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#96 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 3:35 PM
@Jibby I still don't know what to do. You put them into folders and then what?
Test Subject
#97 Old 23rd Nov 2019 at 7:58 PM
Could we get a feature like creating folder inside the application? would be really helpful! Otherwise looking really forward to version 1.3. Great work
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#98 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adri_nutella
Hello I can't get this to open for me I've downloaded it and it unzips but nothing else happens... What am I doing wrong??

Hi there! Sorry for the late reply. Can I ask what version of Windows you're using? Try downloading and installing the .NET framework from here and letting me know if it opens after that: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=863262

Quote: Originally posted by gstiles25
Hey I was wondering if you could create a Mac version of this file I play the sims on my iMac computer... thanks a lot

I'd love to make a version for macOS, but I don't own any Macs unfortunately so it's not possible at this time. Maybe in the future though!

Quote: Originally posted by clankgemini
@Jibby I still don't know what to do. You put them into folders and then what?

It's up to you how to use it essentially. The application exists to help categorise your mod library and swap between different sets of mods. If that doesn't sound like something you'd need to do then the program probably won't solve any particular problems for you.

Quote: Originally posted by Starliight
Could we get a feature like creating folder inside the application? would be really helpful! Otherwise looking really forward to version 1.3. Great work

Yes! This is coming in 1.3 along with a bunch of other file and folder manipulation stuff (including a fully fledged file manager). Thanks for the kind words
Test Subject
#99 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 9:05 AM
Default Make for Mac users please

Yes!! With so many mods, this is a lifesaver. I used either this one or another when I had Windows.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 6th Dec 2019 at 2:21 PM

Hi everyone! If you didn't see my post on other platforms, I'm currently working on The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager version 2.0 - a complete rewrite and redesign of the application with more features and a better user experience.

When working on what would have been 1.3, I realised that there were too many bodges and bad coding practices ingrained too deeply in the core of the program which made adding and maintaining things a real headache. Being a total programming noob when I first started development, the main code that runs the program is all over the place and extremely over-complicated. I barely even know what most of it even does anymore and I wrote it!

Taking what I've learned over the course of making The Sims 4 Ultimate Mod Manager, I feel it's time to start again and do it right this time. Bringing things back to the point we're at now will likely take some time, but I promise it will be worth it! I've got big plans for the future of this program, but to achieve them, this is a 100% necessary step.

Thanks so much!
Page 4 of 7