Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Regul Save Cleaner

by Onebeld Posted 11th Feb 2021 at 2:38 PM - Updated 12th Feb 2024 at 8:30 PM by Onebeld : Update documentation

269 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 3:53 PM
Thanks for your work! We will definitely try!
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 4:00 PM
I had to download NET 5.0 (x86) for it to open on my Windows 10 laptop, jsyk
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 8:06 PM
Great idea but unfortunately, the program will not launch even after installing the NET 5.0 for x64 and x86

Sims is a game I have cherished ever since I was young. Enjoy it, it's just a game!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 9:29 PM
Can't wait to discover the Regul project! Thanks for the Save Cleaner module.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 9:34 PM
Very interesting plans. Hope this tool will do a better job of uncluttering my saves than the save cleaner I'm using now.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 9:43 PM
It keeps ask me to install NET, even after installing i
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 1:15 AM
I really want to try this but it won't run. I installed x64 first because I have a x64bit system, but then I thought Sims 3 is 32bit game so I installed the x86. The program still won't run.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 1:43 AM
Is this will clean the photos that were taken by the sims and are hang on a house wall or on top of something?
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 5:01 AM
it doesn`t work still asking for net to install

If it ain`t Dutch it ain`t much
keep your friends close but your enemies closer
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 7:28 AM
Hmm, very strange. I will definitely test it. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thequesh
Is this will clean the photos that were taken by the sims and are hang on a house wall or on top of something?

Yes, it cleans photos, but compared to others, you can adjust what you want to clean. In other words, your photos are safe until you select the "Delete photos" checkbox.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 7:45 AM
Excuse me, I published it as "Portable", but it should have been as "Standalone". Next time I will be more attentive!
UPD: I completely forgot to add:
For now, you need to install .NET 5, you can x86, the essence does not change.
Scholar
#14 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:08 AM Last edited by desiree101 : 12th Feb 2021 at 9:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
Excuse me, I published it as "Portable", but it should have been as "Standalone". Next time I will be more attentive!
UPD: I completely forgot to add:
For now, you need to install .NET 5, you can x86, the essence does not change.

I'm sure I'm missing something, because this looks like it should be an easy program to run, but it won't run! I've uninstalled the previously installed .NET 5 (both x86 and x64) and started again. The standalone version doesn't run. The x86 .NET5/Cleaner doesn't run either.
What OS do you have on your PC? You say the requirements is Windows 7 (obviously you mean 'minimum requirements' but I assume most people are running Windows 10)
I really want this program to work so if you have any other ways you can get it to work (with or without NET) please tell us!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I'm sure I'm missing something, because this looks like it should be an easy program to run, but it won't run! I've uninstalled the previously installed .NET 5 (both x86 and x64) and started again. The standalone version doesn't run. The x86 .NET5/Cleaner doesn't run either.
What OS do you have on your PC? You say the requirements is Windows 7 (obviously you mean 'minimum requirements' but I assume most people are running Windows 10)
I really want this program to work so if you have any other ways you can get it to work (with or without NET) please tell us!

I have Windows 10.
On Windows 10, it should start without problems.
The minimum OS version is really Windows 7, as in .NET 5 itself, but you need to install the KB2533623 update. I'll check in a virtual machine anyway.
There is another way - to rewrite the code and use the .NET Framework, but this is a step backward. If that's what you want, I can do it.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:34 AM
I tried both versions of 1.0.1 and still, it won't launch. I don't know much about programming but if I was to guess the cause, it could have something to do with 1.69 I'm running Win 10 by the way.

Sims is a game I have cherished ever since I was young. Enjoy it, it's just a game!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HanoM29
I tried both versions of 1.0.1 and still, it won't launch. I don't know much about programming but if I was to guess the cause, it could have something to do with 1.69 I'm running Win 10 by the way.

It should start anyway, even if the game version has 1.69.
Ok, I am downgrading .NET to Framework 4. It will be ready by today
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:57 AM
Thank you worked for me.

Edit to add really like the themes you added
Scholar
#19 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rumbutter
Thank you worked for me.

Edit to add really like the themes you added

What did you do to get it to work?
Scholar
#20 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Onebeld
I have Windows 10.
On Windows 10, it should start without problems.
The minimum OS version is really Windows 7, as in .NET 5 itself, but you need to install the KB2533623 update. I'll check in a virtual machine anyway.
There is another way - to rewrite the code and use the .NET Framework, but this is a step backward. If that's what you want, I can do it.

Interesting, it doesn't start on my Windows 10, i don't know why. The KB2533623 update is only for Windows 7, no longer available.
Maybe offer the downgraded version as another to choose from so others can still use the .NET 5 version if it works for them?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 12:40 PM
Interesting, it doesn't start on my Windows 10, i don't know why. The KB2533623 update is only for Windows 7, no longer available.
Maybe offer the downgraded version as another to choose from so others can still use the .NET 5 version if it works for them?

Yes, you can. So far I have done it on the .NET Framework so that there are no problems. I'm not sure about .NET 5, since the speed is almost the same, and the memory consumption is lower for the Framework.
Sorry for the inconvenience
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 1:07 PM
What did you do to get it to work?

Ok when i download it first i did the extract zip right click extract all the folder was empty. I then deleted the empty folder and the download file, re downloaded it then night click 7zip extract files. Installed the NET 5.0 (x86) rebooted the computer after that installed.
The folder was in a folder so just drag the main folder to your desktop or downloads folder whichever is handier for you delete the empty one.
In the folder you have the files in Right click the RegulSaveCleaner.exe open.

In some cases with a program you may have to run it as admin for it to work. so try right click run as administrator.

Edit typo
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 4:26 PM
I don't think this is a Framework issue at all. I noticed, with all three versions, it seems to create an error in the logs folder. Here are the contents of it.

Quote:
[12.02.2021 16:21:00.409] | Fatal | [Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load()] Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.XamlLoadException: No precompiled XAML found for avares://RegulSaveCleaner/Assets/Local/Lang.en-IE.axaml (baseUri: resm:Styles?assembly=RegulSaveCleaner), make sure to specify x:Class and include your XAML file as AvaloniaResource
at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load(Uri uri, Uri baseUri)
at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.get_Loaded()
at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.TryAttach(IStyleable target, IStyleHost host)
at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.TryAttach(IStyleable target, IStyleHost host)
at Avalonia.Styling.Styler.ApplyStyles(IStyleable target, IStyleHost host)
at Avalonia.Styling.Styler.ApplyStyles(IStyleable target)
at Avalonia.StyledElement.ApplyStyling()
at Avalonia.Controls.WindowBase.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
at Avalonia.Layout.Layoutable.Measure(Size availableSize)
at Avalonia.Layout.LayoutManager.Measure(ILayoutable control)
at Avalonia.Layout.LayoutManager.ExecuteInitialLayoutPass()
at Avalonia.Controls.Window.ShowCore(Window parent)
at Avalonia.Controls.Window.Show()
at Avalonia.Controls.DesktopApplicationExtensions.Run(Application app, Window mainWindow)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.AppMain(Application app, String[] args)
at Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.Start(AppMainDelegate main, String[] args)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.Main(String[] args)
[12.02.2021 16:22:05.338] | Fatal | [Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load()] Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.XamlLoadException: No precompiled XAML found for avares://RegulSaveCleaner/Assets/Local/Lang.en-IE.axaml (baseUri: resm:Styles?assembly=RegulSaveCleaner), make sure to specify x:Class and include your XAML file as AvaloniaResource
at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.AvaloniaXamlLoader.Load(Uri uri, Uri baseUri)
at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.get_Loaded()
at Avalonia.Markup.Xaml.Styling.StyleInclude.TryAttach(IStyleable target, IStyleHost host)
at Avalonia.Styling.Styles.TryAttach(IStyleable target, IStyleHost host)
at Avalonia.Styling.Styler.ApplyStyles(IStyleable target)
at Avalonia.StyledElement.ApplyStyling()
at Avalonia.Controls.WindowBase.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
at Avalonia.Layout.Layoutable.Measure(Size availableSize)
at Avalonia.Layout.LayoutManager.Measure(ILayoutable control)
at Avalonia.Layout.LayoutManager.ExecuteInitialLayoutPass()
at Avalonia.Controls.Window.ShowCore(Window parent)
at Avalonia.Controls.Window.Show()
at Avalonia.Controls.DesktopApplicationExtensions.Run(Application app, Window mainWindow)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.AppMain(Application app, String[] args)
at Avalonia.Controls.AppBuilderBase`1.Start(AppMainDelegate main, String[] args)
at RegulSaveCleaner.Program.Main(String[] args)

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:17 PM
I was able to get the .Net5 version to work for me, so my question is do I update to the latest version of the program or can I wait till there's a newer version?

If I may request a feature to this mod? The feature of showing size of file before and after the cleaning takes place?
Scholar
#25 Old 12th Feb 2021 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rumbutter
Ok when i download it first i did the extract zip right click extract all the folder was empty. I then deleted the empty folder and the download file, re downloaded it then night click 7zip extract files. Installed the NET 5.0 (x86) rebooted the computer after that installed.
The folder was in a folder so just drag the main folder to your desktop or downloads folder whichever is handier for you delete the empty one.
In the folder you have the files in Right click the RegulSaveCleaner.exe open.

In some cases with a program you may have to run it as admin for it to work. so try right click run as administrator.

Edit typo

Yeah, I tried this too and it still won't work. I'll use the downgraded version.
Page 1 of 11