Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 28th Jul 2005 at 6:29 PM Last edited by yocrose : 29th Jul 2005 at 6:59 PM. Reason: update
It's okay!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate what you've already accomplished to do. I think pretty soon your program will be all I will need to use and that in and of itself is exciting!!!! Thanks a million!

quick update:
Have worked with the clothing cloner plugin several times and here's what I've come up with. Apparently it's not able to export hair- just lists a bunch of errors. Tried exporting several different clothing packages- successful but when opening up the object file in Milkshape it's totally messed up. Smushed down to one plane as mentioned before. Hope this is fixable!!!!
Advertisement
Zombie Coder
Original Poster
#27 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 2:10 AM
Thanks yocrose, for the compliment and the experiments.

Its all definitely fixable. Code is my domain, and I can do pretty much anything with it. Its just a matter of how long. I know whats wrong with my .obj files. Apparently, you can't have a vertex listed more than once, otherwise it causes problems. The original way that I was exporting .obj files worked for meshes that had only one subset, but for meshes that have multiple subsets, it won't work. I know how to fix the problem, but it means considerably more complex code than I had before. I have to build consolidated lists of vertices, texture coordinates, and normals, then reference the right entries in those lists from multiple groups. Its going to take me a little while to fix the problem, so I'm not going to set any dates as to when an update could be expected.

Also, hairtones, and any character model part (head, torso, etc), use more complex GMDC files than plain clothing. There are some known deficiencies in DatGen's handling of GMDC files that, like the .obj export, are going to be difficult to fix. Since you guys really need the whole .gmdc file instead of a .obj file to edit things like clothing or hairtones, I'm going to add an option to extract them, and disable the .obj export for now. I'll make this update soon, and let everyone know when its up. That should make it possible to use this plugin to clone clothing, but not hairtones, while I fix the other problems.
Instructor
#28 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 2:43 AM Last edited by PAF : 1st Aug 2005 at 2:58 AM.
Thanks Dark Matter I would like to thank you for what you are doing for us.Hpoe everything goes well with the tons of code you must have to go through and write.Also I was wondereing is there any chance of being able to add vertices and/or groups when you have time to work on the importer? I'm trying to learn how to do that now and I'm about to pull out what hair I have left :banghead: .I will keep trying to find a way to get my ideas to work but I think your program would simplify things alot.Well I'm gonna get back to it and once again thanks for all that you have done. :read:
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 7:18 PM Last edited by nicwear : 1st Aug 2005 at 7:22 PM.
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I want to know you to us DatGen to convert Adult clothes to Young Adult. And if I can do this with DatGen could someone please give a detailed description of how to do it, like step by step for a N00blet like me. I got the bodyshop steps covered but I'm at a total loss when I get to the DatGen part.

Thanks

Edit: DOH!! I just found the tutoiral on the DatGen site. :Slap:
Zombie Coder
Original Poster
#30 Old 1st Aug 2005 at 8:45 PM
Glad you found the tutorial, nicwear.

Regarding cloning of hair meshes. I'm not sure how this is currently done. Do you follow the same method as for cloning clothing, or is it a different process? If its a different process, I'll probably have to write a new plugin for it, or add a new processing path to the current one.
Zombie Coder
Original Poster
#31 Old 5th Aug 2005 at 5:28 PM
I'll be uploading a new development version of DatGen tonight, and it will include an updated Clothing Cloner. I've disabled the .obj export, and added .gmdc export. When the .obj export is working again, I'll reenable it, but I think you guys need to use the .gmdc anyway, so I think everything should be good.
Zombie Coder
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Aug 2005 at 6:08 PM
A new development version is up that allows exporting of .gmdc files. I've disabled .obj export for now. www.datgen.info/downloads.aspx
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Aug 2005 at 10:45 PM
Default Problem with Skinfixer
Hope you do not mind me posting this issue here. It is a problem that I am having with datagen, not sure if anyone else has had this problem. I started using Datagen, and just testing some of the features.

After runing skinfixer, this is the error message that I received. And first, I would like to say that I tried posting on the forum, but it would not acknowledge my user name and password, so I could not post any issues there.
See pic, of the error message that I received.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  datagenreport.txt (2.3 KB, 28 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 12:35 PM
Default Have anyone had any luck with cloning clothes to make a new mesh
Following the instructions, I am still getting the same error message. I tried closing bodyshop, receive error when I click on clone. I read throught the threads, and went back open bodyshop and when I go to plugin view in datagen this error pops up. Am, I missing something? Need some help here.

---------- [Exception Report (1)] ----------

Type: WebException

Message: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

Stack trace: at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

at DatGen.Services.DGSExceptionReporting.ExceptionReporting.LogDatGenException(Guid userKey, String report, DateTime dtstamp) in E:\Data & Stuff\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\DBPF Editor\DatGen.Services\Web References\DGSExceptionReporting\Reference.cs:line 43

at DatGen.Services.ExceptionReportingManager.LogDatGenException(Guid userKey, String report, DateTime timestamp) in E:\Data & Stuff\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\DBPF Editor\DatGen.Services\ExceptionReportingManager.cs:line 48

at DatGen.Apps.frmDatGen.LogError(Exception ex, Boolean show, Boolean fatal, IWin32Window owner) in E:\Data & Stuff\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\DBPF Editor\DatGen.Apps\DatGen.cs:line 2365

at DatGen.Apps.frmDatGen.Application_ThreadException(Object sender, ThreadExceptionEventArgs e) in E:\Data & Stuff\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\DBPF Editor\DatGen.Apps\DatGen.cs:line 4617

at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnThreadException(Exception e)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods+IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()

at DatGen.Apps.frmDatGen.Main(String[] args) in E:\Data & Stuff\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\DBPF Editor\DatGen.Apps\DatGen.cs:line 2809
Zombie Coder
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 8:14 PM
Well, the error in your last message is because you tried to report the error. The error reporting feature is down, as my host screwed up some of the features of my web site. So, don't click the report error button in the error window.

The error window that comes up allows you to just copy the error message. Copy it and paste it here, and I'll see what I can do. (BTW, i tried to download the attachment from your previous post, but MTS2 just sits there and doesn't return anything, so I'm not sure what the other error message you recieved was).
Field Researcher
#36 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 12:21 PM
This would be great, super quick etc, but I'm not allowed to export a .obj file... Is there someway to fix this?
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 11:42 AM
wooow thats gorgous, i will try it...maybe it can fix my meshproblems =))
Field Researcher
#38 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 9:51 AM Last edited by mininessie : 21st Mar 2006 at 2:35 PM.
thanks ,is very wonderfull don´t need hard work for export the mesh.
i´m very gratefully

thanks it really works well with clothing
now i try to make hair mesh.
thanks
Page 2 of 2