Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 2:18 AM
Hi all,
I was wondering, after the trial with Milkshape expires, does anyone know about another 3d editor that would work to make this? I know they're basically all work the same way, some are more complete than others, but without these plugins... just wondering here.

Thanx.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 1:59 AM
Hello, i am having trouble exporting a mesh back into the package. it says "bone count incorrect". is there anyway to fix this problem easily? I joined two meshes, so i assume this is why there is a problem. I used doctor pixels tutorial for shoes and snapped together all vertexes so I am clueless. Please help me..

thanks

visit http://artemistha.moonfruit.com for more great skins!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#103 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 8:55 AM
It's the bone count between your first mesh and the 2nd one that is supposed to be the fat morph. You need to make the fat morph be identical (like put the same shoes on). OR.... you need to copy your first to the 2nd, and then change it to look fat -- but you also (and this was left out) need the secondary bone assignments in order to get smoother animation - so you will need to check your second body before deleting and write down the bone assignments so you can reassign them. (for best results)

Better would be to use the unimesh plugin instead - but it has it's own set of quirks and you cannot follow the instructions in dr pixel's tutorial to put the shoes on, because you can't weld the seams.

Oh - and myfairdiva - unfortunately the answer is 'no'. Actually most of the 3D editing programs do something or another to the mesh (like reordering all the vertices) that put limits on what can be done with other tools, like Meshtool. You can get some results with meshtool and xsi modtool, both are free. We don't have a beginners tutorial for that, but if you succeed here, you might be able to switch to modtool.
Field Researcher
#104 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 9:43 AM
Default i finally had made a mesh with your help
i finally had made a mesh with your help.
thanks,i hope that my meshes will be good.

than ks to you very much
Test Subject
#105 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 3:23 AM
Default NEED SimPE HELP!!!
I can't find a place to download SimPE will someone help me?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#106 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 3:42 AM
I added the links to the first message.
Test Subject
#107 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 8:36 PM
YAY! my first mesh!!!!! (Picture Below)

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Test Subject
#108 Old 6th Mar 2006 at 8:31 PM
i dont get this
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#109 Old 14th Mar 2006 at 3:08 AM
Dogj1, sorry, you'll have to read it again. And actually sit down with the tools and *try* it. And ask an actual specific question if you get stuck on a step.
#110 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 10:15 PM
How do you install the BodyChop into Milkshake...I dont understand the directions.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 1:52 AM Last edited by LadyFe : 18th Mar 2006 at 2:02 AM.
Ok, I've finally made my first clothing mesh using the latest version of milkshape with the unimesh plugin and very happy to see it turn up in bodyshop, but I just have two question one is how do you fix the dark shadow at the bottom of the dress? second when I import the mesh to milkshape only 1 body show up. By the way I'm using the uni long formal dress.
Test Subject
#112 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 1:41 PM
Hey look....I when i open milkshape it tells me that i'm expired or something like that... What i have to do??????? :sadpanda:
Test Subject
#113 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 2:12 PM
Thanks for the tutorial.
Test Subject
#114 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 3:51 PM
I cant download tutorial!!!
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
Single bone weighting does that. The transitions between body parts is too abrupt to render well without multiple assignments... but until recently there were few options available to fix that.

Update to the UniMesh plugins. They are much newer and can handle multiple bone assignments for a smoother looking mesh in-game.

<* Wes *>

I have the same problem with the arms, see the first picture is fine on the arms but it has a problem with dark shadow at the bottom of the dress, because I weld it together the second dress have the square arms, this one I did not weld together. Both meshes I made using the new version of milkshape with the unimesh plugin.
Any help with what I can do to fix this?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#116 Old 20th Mar 2006 at 4:53 PM
Did you make sure that autosmooth was turned off before you started? You should not see those seams with unimesh if you had autosmooth off. Do not weld anything.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 12:22 AM Last edited by LadyFe : 21st Mar 2006 at 5:51 AM.
Thanks! that must be the problem with the autosmooth being on. So it's been a lot of changes since this tutorial was made and with unimesh.
Locked thread | Locked by: tiggerypum Reason: outdated, replacement tutorial posted
Page 5 of 5