Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#476 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 8:48 PM
Thanks for all the hard work, I really dont understand it tho
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#477 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 9:02 PM
-Sim- - Well, there is the 5-minute meshing method, but we keep that a secret. We only teach you how to do things the hard way to get you to pay for the easy way, which can be obtained for the extremely reasonable price of $13,337. Vista, Mastercard, or firstborn children accepted.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#478 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:05 PM
Well I have tried the tutorial around 6 times and so far I've had no luck in getting my new mesh to show up in bodyshop. I follow the tutorial very closely and have NO problems until I want it to go into BS. I'm using SimPE version .68, does that make a difference in how the tutorial works? Hmmm, I must be doing something wrong!!!!

Sweetpeapeggy
Test Subject
#479 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 9:19 PM
Thank you! I've making some clothes in taht way..!!
Glad you post it here in the fórum ... I've been looking for this tuturial in the net a long time ago.....!! :DD

Thank you one more time...!!
Test Subject
#480 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:24 PM
This was by far the best tutorial i've ever seen. I've finally learnt to mesh!

Thank you soooo much! =]
Test Subject
#481 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 8:43 PM
is there a thread that explains--or can you explain what each part is for. like what is the property set? what does it contain? i did the steps correctly, but i just want to know what's what before i go on my own.

also, maybe i should put this on the SimPE FAQ, but i get a message that says "The type initializer for 'pjse.FileTable' threw an exception" every time i click something, and it will sometimes pop up about 4 times.
Test Subject
#482 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 7:07 AM
can you make it download able?

thanks... its perfect because you show the image for the tutorial, I've seen a lot of tutorial without images and I'm getting Absolutely confused.... ha ha
Test Subject
#483 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 6:01 PM
Jesus!!! >.< The Gmdc File Won't Opennnnnn! =( It Says I Need Managed Directx! Where Do I Get That? Pllzzzz Hellpppp <(-.-)>
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#484 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 6:03 PM
fredtehcat - From the first post: "If this is your first time getting SimPE, make sure you download and install all the stuff they list at: "Needed Software to run SimPE". If you don't, you'll get errors or blank screens when you try to do parts of this tutorial and be unable to complete your project!"

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#485 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 3:00 PM
Hello,

I I hope that now did not overlook. My English is not so good. I have a problem with the Milkshap.

Since newest I can work on nothing more. As soon as I open it, only the 3-D is models in my windows. As soon as I these to work on to have would like, I get a crash.

I bought, thus the Milkshap no 30 days test version.

What wrong do I make? perhaps can someone help me there?

The Milkshap uninstalled and back installed, nothing brought. Before was all ok. Now no more and I do not know not which I made or changed.
Test Subject
#486 Old 3rd May 2009 at 12:48 PM
all i can say is that info is uzful but confunfuzin!
Lab Assistant
#487 Old 7th May 2009 at 1:16 PM
I have the newest SimPE version and it's made differently than the one in this tutorial. Is there tutorials for newer versions of SimPE? I can't seem to find any. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#488 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hello kitty 345
all i can say is that info is uzful but confunfuzin!

What or who is uzful?

Can it be because of which I deinstalliert the Milkshap? I find micht more register left. Where I had entered the number. Stupidly
Test Subject
#489 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:47 AM
Thank you Miche for both the Mesh Tool and the Tutorial on using it! I want to get into meshing and your tool and tutorial have inspired me to give it a whirl. Thanks!!
Test Subject
#490 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 1:23 AM
i did everything but my mesh still wont appear in the game. its the same dress but without the alterations :/
Test Subject
#491 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 8:59 PM
Hey,
I have a problem with step 17, when I click on 'ok' I got an error! And I was not able to see the dress in bodyshop by step 28. I did step III and IV over and over again and finaly I got to see the dress in bodyshop, only the dress on the mannequin the small picture was still empty.

I hope this was clear enough to help me.

Galgo
Lab Assistant
#492 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Step 30? Did you click on the Geometric DATA Container in the top windows? The bottom of the screen should show the plugin view, which is slightly obscured by the popup in my screenshot. If your GDMC is highlighted and you don't see that blue box at that bottom of the screen, look for a tab at the very bottom labeled 'plugin' and click it. Let me know what you had to do to resolve this, so I can update the tutorial with more details as needed.
Thanks!

help mewhen i type in the afbodydress stuff NOTHING comes up
Test Subject
#493 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 2:46 AM
Hi Tiggerypum! Thank you so much for this tutorial! I am new and I'm wondering very much how to make some new clothes. How do you get Bodyshop? Is Milkshape free or do you have to pay for it? Can you give me some of the downloads for the things you used to make this mesh thing? Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#494 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 11:55 PM
Is there a link to Miche and Delphy’s Sims2MeshTool ? I cant find it anywhere to download

♥ Glee ♥ Supernatural ♥ Sherlock ♥ Heroes ♥ THG ♥ Marina & The Diamonds ♥ Lana Del Rey ♥

Visit My Sims Blog - Legleeksims ♦
Test Subject
#495 Old 13th Aug 2011 at 5:04 PM
@ILoveHaydenP http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=45457 < - go here

There's another way to do the step mentioned in first post. I found it easier to do this way.

Open a new file in SimPE, click on Tools, PJSE, Body Mesh Tool and Extracting Stage.

There should be a browse option. Browse to the Saved Sims package that's the base. and then hit okay.

This should automatically give you all the files you need from the Saved Sims file.

Save the resulting package into both the folder on your desktop (as a backup) and into the Downloads folder. Name it whatever you want.

Then open up the Saved Sims package with SimPE.

Click on 3D ID Reference File on the left in the Resource Tree window.
Then click on the 3D ID Reference File on the right in the Resource List.
Click Tools, PJSE, Body Mesh Tool and then Linking Stage.
The screen tells you what to do next, but just basically click something else in the Resource Tree and then click on the 3D ID Reference file again.
Then save.

After that just follow the steps in the second post.

@carakamai - I have the newest version too. I used this method and it works.
Test Subject
#496 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:58 AM
Thank You for your hard work! It helped me a lot!
I'm not able to do step 30, because there is no 'Export' button.
I can see there are more people with this problem.
I found out how to do it, reading trough this tutorial, she's doing it in step 6.
http://personal-computer-tutor.com/...clothingtut.htm

Test Subject
#497 Old 11th Jun 2013 at 9:09 PM
dude i'm downloading the tool and i'm must create a new sim like naruto thanks for this info and the link to the tool
Test Subject
#498 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:00 AM
I have a problem with the beginning. maybe its just changed so much since it was written, SimPE that is. the scenegraphic resource finder can't seem to find anything. I was able to figure it out up until then. but no matter what package I decide to try and the name needed to be typed in doesn't ever come back with anything found to continue it has alot of options to click on before it will even let you type in the name. only one that allowed it was by selecting the obj. option. I have been recoloring for a while but the few meshes on the bodyshape I use is getting old. thought I would try meshing clothes since objects are not all that difficult.
Site Helper
#499 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:35 PM
If SimPE is having problems finding your downloads folder:

- Extra -> Preferences -> System Folders.
- Set your Savegame path under Original Game.
- You may have to click OK at this point.

- Extra -> Preferences -> FileTable.
- Click on "add Downloads folder".
- Your downloads folder will be added under Advanced Settings.
- Make sure that the line "Recursive folder: (SaveGameFolder)Downloads\" is checked.
- Click the "Roload" button on the top-right.
Test Subject
#500 Old 19th Jul 2013 at 4:29 AM Last edited by AuntieMame : 19th Jul 2013 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Additional question
Frankenstein Mesh
I have a question. I'm working on a mesh that I "Frankensteined" or whatever and the mesh looks good in MilkShape, and I finished my textures, overlay, and mask files. I updated everything in CTU several times (in several different file names because I thought I was doing something wrong). Unfortunately, I can still see the original mesh underneath my mesh in the 3D window, as well as in the game. I'm really not sure why, as I replaced the bump map with a blank one, as per a tutorial I found here. Do I need to make a new bump map, or is this a different issue?

Any help at all is appreciated.

Edit: Also, I am unsure as to the importance of morph creation in a frankenstein mesh. CTU doesn't have a section to retrieve morph files to use in the MeshToolkit, so I'm just confused because of all of the conflicting tutorials I keep finding. There's a lot of conflicting information on these processes. It's pretty confusing for someone learning how to do it.
Page 20 of 21