Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:17 PM
um, how do you get them to appear in the game? I made some before and wanted to see if I got it wrong with your help page totorial thingy but I still dont know why it didn't show them...

...It is really good help though!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#302 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:46 PM
Thanks so much for this. I just made my very first own custom content ever! Well, I'm not going to be using it but I followed your tutorial to the letter and now have a much better understanding of how things work so that I can work on my own creations in the future. Thanks a bunch. I'm going to go and do another tutorial now.
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 8:55 PM
Wow! i never thought i would be able to make custom content! thanks soooooooooooo much for this great tuorial.

I dOn'T sUfFeR fRoM iNsAnItY. i EnJoY eVeRy MiNuTe Of It. :D

Please call me Rachel
Test Subject
#304 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
Homecrafter doesn't work... I can click the homecrafter icon 20 times and it doesn't do ANYTHING. It doesn't show up in the task manager when I bring that up either. I really wanna make cc, I'm horrible at clothes and I thought maybe I could be halfway decent at walls/floors/groundcovers before I go back to clothes. I kinda wanna learn how to mesh eventually. I downloaded the Kitchen Basic and the new-kitchen-whose-name-I-already-forgot from buggybooz yesterday and thought it would be awesome if I could learn how to make furniture. Lol, I go on and on and on all the time. I can't ever make a short post. Anyways, do you have any ideas on how to get homecrafter to work?

PeaceLoveSims
Test Subject
#305 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:49 PM
do you have any ideas on how to get homecrafter to work?[/QUOTE]

try deleting the groups cache and accessory cache from the ea games/the sims 2 folder in document and setting.. sometime homecrafter takes a lot of time to work, but it's faster if you delete those two files.. and they are safe to delete.
Test Subject
#306 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:05 PM
thanks kazehiku i'll try that

PeaceLoveSims
#307 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 8:13 PM
look, i can NOT FIND A SINGLE HOMECRAFTER AVADIBLE FOR MAC! PEOPLE WHO HAVE MACS ARE PEOPLE TOO!
Test Subject
#308 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:19 AM Last edited by candace171234 : 13th Aug 2009 at 3:23 AM. Reason: just fixing it
Default trying to figure out home crafter tool
hi i downloaded the home crafter tool and it said i dont have the sims2 downloaded i have it but i wanted to learn how to make stuff for the sims3.so what do i do to fix this
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#309 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:25 AM
candace171234, HomeCrafter is for Sims 2 – you're in the wrong section. Please check out the tutorials in the Sims 3 section of the "Create" menu on top of this page.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#310 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
candace171234, HomeCrafter is for Sims 2 – you're in the wrong section. Please check out the tutorials in the Sims 3 section of the "Create" menu on top of this page.

i found it thank you
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#311 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 12:54 PM
Brynnathehedgehog, it took me less than a minute with Google to discover that there is no homecrafter available for Mac (unless you use bootcamp). Now calm down and stop yelling, the availability of homecrafter ports has nothing to do with this tutorial.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#312 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brynnathehedgehog
look, i can NOT FIND A SINGLE HOMECRAFTER AVADIBLE FOR MAC! PEOPLE WHO HAVE MACS ARE PEOPLE TOO!

Amen to that, I feel like we have been abandoned just because our computers aren't as 'popular' as Bill Gates' creation?

Is there any modification software for Macintosh that can be used on this site?

At least I can still create Sims and Lots. No patterns or custom hair for me though.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#313 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 2:00 PM
Like whiterider already said: The availability of homecrafter ports has nothing to do with this tutorial.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#314 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 2:08 PM
Nor does TS3 anything have anything to do with this tutorial...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 11:17 PM
does homecrafter scan for maxis floors and walls that came with the sims 2 expansion packs?
Test Subject
#316 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 8:27 PM
thanks for this.... but is there any way you can tteach us how to make furniture like cribs or any bedding mostly items for the baby or toddle ? thankyou plzz message me if any one knows thankyou
Test Subject
#317 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 8:30 PM
Default do you know ?
Quote: Originally posted by jelkir1
Wow! i never thought i would be able to make custom content! thanks soooooooooooo much for this great tuorial.

HELLO I JUST WANTED TO ASK YOU IF YOU KNEW HOW TO MAKE CRIBS OR FURNITURE ? IF SO CAN YOU PLEASS REPLY BACK !
THX A LOT I NEED ALL THE Help i can get
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#318 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 9:17 PM
Test Subject
#319 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
kami-flage this tutorial is for walls/floors not objects. If you want to learn how to make objects then read some tutorials in the object creation section.

thanks !
i was just here becuz someone might have known here cuz i didnt know but thankyou alot
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#320 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:02 PM
kami-flage, you are not to post on this thread again unless you have a valid and sensible question about following the walls & floors tutorial.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#321 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 5:53 PM
This tutorial is absolutely fantastic. Thank you so much! (also for the inspiration gallery link, which I love)
Test Subject
#322 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 8:12 PM
can you help me...i don't have those programs but i do have photoscape...i've read the tutorial and understand...but can i do that with photoscape???
Test Subject
#323 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 6:36 PM
I cant see any of the images/visual aids in the photoshop/paint.net tutorial section D:

Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: Fantastic tutorial, by the way. I did fine without the images up until the groundcover section :D
Test Subject
#324 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 1:37 PM
Yeah, I can't see any in-text images either, but it's the same on several parts of the site, so... I'm thinking the images are just lost somewhere.

the_cheat : what part of the groundcover section gave you a problem?

I'm gonna pixelate the world! The WORLD I tell you!
Test Subject
#325 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 1:03 AM
I wish i could make some floors but i'm a mac user
Page 13 of 16