Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 12:11 PM Last edited by AbstractSIMmer187 : 11th Jan 2007 at 9:33 AM.
Making Your Own Custom Plate For Your New Food - By Travis - Tutorial

Hi all

I thought i would bring something new to the community because i know there must be lots of food creators out there that still have no idea on how to make a fully working custom plate for there new food.

This Tutorial is in Word format.

Bascially whats all in this tutorial is:

How to extract your package out of SimPE.
Building your plate mesh from scratch.
Editing Food On Plate
Hacking
Conclusion.

So if you wondering how to make your own custom food plate, i suggest you read this tutorial.

More information included in tutorial.

If you got any questions or queries then feel free to ask.

P.S. i suggest you read pacotacoplayers "Animating Food Start - to - Finsih" tutorial to learn the basics of food creating.

Follow this link to pacos tutorial:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=214711

Goodluck and happy creating
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Making A Custom Plate For Your Food - By Travis.rar (6.77 MB, 976 downloads) - View custom content

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 3:08 AM
Thanks for this Travis; it might help if you add a link to my tutorial if you want I'll like yours to mine.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 9:33 AM
No prob paco, glad you like it, i added the link

Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 9:16 AM
I must be still doing something wrong still wontn't show but the muffins do i thing i am stuck in the hacking part i am using milkshape to make the new mesh ok here is a rough idea what i am doing i put the food on the new plate , the plate extracted from one from my muffins .i change the plate with the new one then i imported back into SimPE the plates shows with my food. i read read the tutorial.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 4:51 PM
Pasion you might want to attach your package so i can see whats wrong

Okay lemme run you through on how you should export the plate and import:

Okay in SimPE under your food, you food on the plate should roughly or always be the last one in the GMDC, right.

Okay now go to the last one and extract that out of simPE.

Now go into Wings 3D or milkshape or whatever and highlight the basic maxis plate and delete it, now build your new plate and replace the maxis food with your food.

When u done export out of Wings 3D or milkshape then go to UV Mapper, now i must of stated in UV Mapper that the plate won't show up in UV Mapper and u didn't have to worry, okay so save a image for the plate through UV Mapper and "Save Model" aswell.

Now when u import you food on the plate back into you will notcie that the existing maxis plate is kind of getting muddeled in your plate, then i told you NOT TO WORRY.

Okay now you go into object workshop and you scan all the objects then you go to "Unkown" and you look for the thing that says "Plate"

Now clone that and give it a name, and from ther i think i tell you exactly where to go in the GMDC and what to extract and how to make the plate mesh.

Sorry i know that wasn't relevant so much but i thought i would just splash some of my tut knowledge here.

OKAY NOW THIS IS WHAT YOU DOING WRONG IF YOU FOLLOWED MY TUT PROPERLY:

AS YOU SAID YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE HACKING, YES INDEED YOU ARE.

I don't know why you stuck because i explained in full in the tut how to do the hacking but i might as well explain again.

OKay now when u cloned the "Plate" from the "Unknown" and you made the mesh and added all your lovely textures, i need you to go to and register your object, remember to tick "Update all MMATS", then register your should get a new GUID, okay so i'm guessing this is where you stuck.

I want you to remember your GUID number lets say it

0x002C6D45

Okay now go back to your main food package now go to the "Behaviour Function BHAV" section.

Now i want you to look in the "Resource list for somethign called "CT - Factory - Dish".

Now i know you made a food before so this shouldn't be hard for you, i want you to take your GUID then in the operands i want you to reverse your GUID in the first 3 blocks in the top row, so if your GUID is 0x002C6D45 it will now be

45 in the first block then 6D in the second and 2C in the third then fill the 4th block with 00

Done!

Now if you followed my tut properly i explain that, your plate should show up now in-game.

Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 6:04 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 10th Feb 2007 at 7:01 AM. Reason: Please, don't quote a long post in its entirety
Travis i sometimes have trouble understanding things i read sorry that is my disability
it when i did do something wrong for its no the severing plate only the eating one only . the serving platter you clone ,new mesh more or less do the same then i go in bhav
ct serve dish and do the same right or not ?
Its funny really i don;t have a problem food animating (ect) its the last bit trying to get it to work well my next food i all ready did and it went in
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 5:47 AM
Yes right if you want to make a serving plate then load object workshop, go to "Unknown" then scroll till you find "Serve Plate", clone that make your mesh register your object get your GUID ready then go back to your main food package go to "Behaviour Function" and look for "CT - Serve - Dish" put your GUID in reverse in the first 3 blocks in the top row and make the 4th block 00

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 9:05 AM Last edited by pasionflower : 10th Feb 2007 at 3:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AbstractSIMmer187
Yes right if you want to make a serving plate then load object workshop, go to "Unknown" then scroll till you find "Serve Plate", clone that make your mesh register your object get your GUID ready then go back to your main food package go to "Behaviour Function" and look for "CT - Serve - Dish" put your GUID in reverse in the first 3 blocks in the top row and make the 4th block 00

AbstractSIMmer thankyou very much for you help i loved you plate tutorial it took me a bit but i got there . when it turn out i show you a pic i thought you had too do the same for the serving platter same as the plate

i FOUND OUT I DON,T OVER RIGHT THE PLATE MESH WITH THE SERVING PLATTER MESH BECAUSE MY FOOD DISAPPEARED WHEN I WENT TO GET IT OUT THE OVEN AND THE CUSTOM PLATE AND SERVING PLATTER WAS BOTH IN MY DOWNLOADS SO WHAT PART DO YOU ADD THE SERVING PLATTER MESH TOO ON MY MUFFINS PS I DID REVERSE THE NEW GUILD IN FACTORY DISH SERVE
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 6:18 PM Last edited by AbstractSIMmer187 : 11th Feb 2007 at 7:17 AM.
Please attach your package, thast the only way i can offer help, although i have no idea why u having so much problems, the tut explains everything clearly, bienchen found my tut easy.

OKay so you saying when u take your food out the oven your food dissapears but your serving plate mesh is there.

Did you replace the 4th block with 00?

Try recloning the cake package again then go to "CT - Facotry - Dish Serve" and look for the 4th blocks number then put then number into your muffin package, thast one way of solving the problem.

I don't really see whats wrong, you reversed your GUIDS, try what i said above then come back and tell me what happened.

Post pics also please of what is happening!

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 12:42 AM
Please attach your package, thast the only way i can offer help, although i have no idea why u having so much problems, the tut explains everything clearly, bienchen found my tut easy.

OKay so you saying when u take your food out the oven your food dissapears but your serving plate mesh is there.

Did you replace the 4th block with 00?

Try recloning the cake package again then go to "CT - Serve - Dish" and look for the 4th blocks number then put then number into your muffin package, thast one way of solving the problem.

I don't really see whats wrong, you reversed your GUIDS, try what i said above then come back and tell me what happened.

I did what you told me . no luck i will upload the files for you to have a look i just can.t see what i am doing wrong ether one is with muffin custom plate the other flie is with the serving platter as well muffin custom plate. thank i wait till i hear from you to see what am doing wrong the first one works anyway but i uploaded anyway for you thank you
Attached files:
File Type: rar  pasionflower muffins plus custom plate.rar (421.6 KB, 34 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  PASIONFLOWERSERVEPLATTER with muffin custom plate.rar (489.2 KB, 36 downloads) - View custom content
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:20 AM
WOW!, seem like you reversed the GUIDS in the WRONG BLOCK!!!

I told you to reverse them in the first 3 not the last 3, i fixed it for you now and you were suppose to put your GUID where it says "CT Factory - Dish Serve".

I just attached the main food package so just dump it in your downloads folder and replace your old package with the new 1.

If you still got any problems then tell me.....
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Pasionflower - muffin - main - package.rar (371.5 KB, 30 downloads) - View custom content

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 8:36 AM
WOW!, seem like you reversed the GUIDS in the WRONG BLOCK!!!

I told you to reverse them in the first 3 not the last 3, i fixed it for you now and you were suppose to put your GUID where it says "CT Factory - Dish Serve".

I just attached the main food package so just dump it in your downloads folder and replace your old package with the new 1.

If you still got any problems then tell me.....

It is still doing it the food disappears when getting out the oven and i did put all the files in my downloads folder looks like i just only have eating plate shame course the serving one makes it looks better ,the only thing maybe i clone the wrong one i clone serving platter there is a desert plate Just wondering when i made the new serving platter mesh do you put any food on it like when you do the eating plate ? i did that with the main package but more or less replace the eating plate then when i tried it in my game the food disappears when you get it out the oven so i reverted it back it works but only the eating plate . And i don,t know how i put the guilds further down the blocks i didn,t with the plate i couldn;t of being looking properly what i was doing .
Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:33 PM Last edited by bienchen83 : 11th Feb 2007 at 8:39 PM.
@pasionflower: Travis asked me to help out here so here I am.
You didn´t replace the GUID for the serving plate, this is why your food disappears when finished. I fixed the package for you.

For future purposes:
You need to put the GUID of the serving plate in the CT-Factory-Dish Serve BHAV in line 1.

I didn´t test this in game but it should work fine now. Still, I´ll test this as soon as my daughter is asleep. I could well be that there were other things that went wrong with your package.

@Travis: You explained this quite right but for some reason, in the package you attached, the CT-Factory-Dish Serve BHAV isn´t changed. So it couldn´t work properly.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 8:19 PM Last edited by bienchen83 : 11th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM.
okay, seems you messed up your package somewhere. It doesn´t work. So I just took the original muffin package from your upload thread and modified it myself. I tested it right now and it does work.

I can´t say what you changed to mess this up but I guess you just changed some values in a wrong line while you were trying how to get it work. Now that you know what you should be doing, I don´t believe this will happen again.

The plate does need some repositioning though.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  pasionflower muffin.rar (342.7 KB, 29 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 9:11 PM Last edited by pasionflower : 11th Feb 2007 at 10:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
okay, seems you messed up your package somewhere. It doesn´t work. So I just took the original muffin package from your upload thread and modified it myself. I tested it right now and it does work.

I can´t say what you changed to mess this up but I guess you just changed some values in a wrong line while you were trying how to get it work. Now that you know what you should be doing, I don´t believe this will happen again.

The plate does need some repositioning though.
Sorry i didn,t answer your other post i was asleep

bienchen OH THANKYOU VERY MUCH I don,t know what i did wrong i did follow Travis plate tut was easy but i suppose i have trouble understanding it some how i stuff up I was trying to do the serving plater as well i made the new mesh register new guild i wasn't quite shore weather i put the food on it so i didn;t did i clone the wrong one for the serving platter bienchen? or do i clone desert dish
both of you have been a great help i must be some what dumb to you
i hope nothing goes like this next time

ps actually it was the serving platter so my new food would have a serving platter as well as a eating plate ,when i did the serving platter most of all my trouble started , i wasn,t quite shore how to add it to the main package .i register new guild .I thought i might have clone the wrong one
Forum Resident
#16 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 11:19 PM
You´re welcome. You did clone the right serving platter and it was right not to put the food on it. The only thing you did was messing something up in the main food package while changing the BHAVs when you tried to link to your new serving platter package.

You have to:
1. enter your new GUID for the serving platter in the CT-Factory-Dish Serve BHAV
2. enter your new GUID for the plate in the CT-Factory-Dish BHAV
I don´t blame you for messing up the package while trying to perform the first step, as it is not described in the tutorial and it might be hard for a non-BHAV-modder to find out what to change. Now that you know what to do, I´m sure nothing like this will happen during your next food project.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 11:39 PM Last edited by pasionflower : 12th Feb 2007 at 8:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bienchen83
You´re welcome. You did clone the right serving platter and it was right not to put the food on it. The only thing you did was messing something up in the main food package while changing the BHAVs when you tried to link to your new serving platter package.

You have to:
1. enter your new GUID for the serving platter in the CT-Factory-Dish Serve BHAV
2. enter your new GUID for the plate in the CT-Factory-Dish BHAV
I don´t blame you for messing up the package while trying to perform the first step, as it is not described in the tutorial and it might be hard for a non-BHAV-modder to find out what to change. Now that you know what to do, I´m sure nothing like this will happen during your next food project.

Yes the hacking side was hard for me hey for 2 years i never tried anything to make trust me to do food the hard stuff first funny food making it self is pretty easy and the food animating i am fixing the repositioning of the plate with the food too thanks for tellin me that bienchen anyway thankyou again this time i hope not to stuff up oh i might add the seving platter and i put all in my downloads folder

bienchen when you do the serving platter right do you have to add the platter mesh to the main package by any chance. i reverse the new guild in ct factory serve-dish and save and put all the 3 file in downloads ahhhh still doing it but not when i just have only the eating plate it works fine there so i follow the plate tut until when you add the food but i don;t so what part do you add it ? this is such a pain

bienchen i think i going to do it all from beginning with new guilds it must be my pc but it really me

ok i start a hole new food right now i made the custom eating plate i clone the desert plate turn out an works i got that right now . .So now i going to try the serving platter again for some reason i stuff up with this so i hope this time i don,t so i make the mew mesh register new guild and reverse the new guild in serve -dish here is a pic of my custom eating plate.

PS I can,t get the serving plate right so i just won,t worry. bienchen
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 1:50 PM
Indeed this tutorial ONLY teaches you to make a eting plate not a serving plate, i'll probeblu update this tutorial telling you how to add the serving plate aswell

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 9:18 PM
Indeed this tutorial ONLY teaches you to make a eting plate not a serving plate, i'll probeblu update this tutorial telling you how to add the serving plate aswell

That would be fantastic when you do AbstractSIMmer i can,t wait you know that serving plate is a pain
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:11 AM
AbstractSIMmer i got custom plates and serving ones now i made a few new foods too i work it out i was doing something wrong when you go in ct factory dish serve you put the new guild in create new object instance for having a new serving dish show up . easy now thankyou here is a picture of one food i will be uploading soon when we can i mean the only thing i like to lean is how you make to get food straight from the fridge without food prep i was lookin at the food semi globes i really don,t now what to change i hope there will be a tutorial on it
Screenshots