Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 9:33 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 28th Sep 2022 at 8:03 AM. Reason: added screenshot
Default How to create cross gabled multilevel roof
Hello and welcome to my first tutorial. Today I will show you how to create cross-gabled roof almost the same I did in my Simdringham house. This is not actually a tutorial. I t is more like how-to instructions based on house I already shared. It was requested by @Frodo1990 recently and now I share this instructions here. Hopefully you'll find it useful.
We will be creating this roof piece between 3rd and 4th floors.

My English is not perfect so I write less and show with pictures as more steps as possible.
The whole instruction is in next spoiler:

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 9:46 PM
That's really clever, thanks for the tutorial!
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That's really clever, thanks for the tutorial!

Thank you very much.
My note for anyone following this method: not to hurry. Especially with roof painting and CFE works. I was in hurry when write this and just noticed my mistake when created a middle height bulgy forms on upper cube so some of roof tiles came a little bit sunk. I did not made for sure in my Simdringham house but I built it the whole year while this tute is written in one night somewhere between relatives yelling and kids screaming If you will do the same mistake, then you should repeat all from the beginning skipping steps with columns building of course but anyways it is exhausting so DON'T BE HURRY PLEASE

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th Sep 2022 at 3:30 AM
Thanks a lot for the tutorial, Im sure that will be useful for building neogothic gables or cfe gables in general, thanks a lot
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2022 at 11:43 AM Last edited by SarahInman : 6th Oct 2022 at 7:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Hello and welcome to my first tutorial. Today I will show you how to create cross-gabled roof almost the same I did in my Simdringham house. This is not actually a tutorial. I t is more like how-to instructions based on house I already shared. It was requested by @Frodo1990 recently and now I share this instructions here. Hopefully you'll find it useful.
We will be creating this roof piece between 3rd and 4th floors.

My English is not perfect so I write less and show with pictures as more steps as possible.
The whole instruction is in next spoiler:

Thanks for the tutorial. I am in love with you