Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#12851 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 5:33 PM
grinevilly, I'd love to see them have a séance together, like in the MySims games . A whole bunch of paranormal career toppers or witches/warlocks together summoning the Tricous or the ghosts in Specters graveyard?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#12852 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 8:14 PM
@AnMal, err...I wouldnt rusk playing with Olive Specter's graveyard...all of the ghost are gliched. But ita 100% SAFE to play with Tricous.
Forum Resident
#12853 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 8:20 PM
You know what's a "Hack & CC that I'd like to see"?

I'd like to see sims be able to ride elevators in groups! Elevators only accommodate 1 sim at a time, unless you invite a second sim to woohoo. So they technically can carry more than one sim at a time. Not sure if the limit is 2, or if there even IS a limit. But if you haven't invited a sim to woohoo, they ride 1 at a time, which kinda stinks. Why cant you file 3, 4, 5, 6 sims into an elevator, like RL? We know at least 2 slots to hold sims exist. At the very *least*, it should be possible to make that extra spot usable. And if you can make it hold 2, you should be able to make it hold 4... right?

Maybe the problem is, if they let more than two, they'd have to disable the woohoo, lest it become the Orgy-vator...

So that's something I would've liked to see!

-gE
>=)
Top Secret Researcher
#12854 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Maybe the problem is, if they let more than two, they'd have to disable the woohoo, lest it become the Orgy-vator...

To be fair, the hot tub allows more than 2 and still has woohoo, although I both agree with your post and wish the hot tub could accommodate more than two in that other usage.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#12855 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 10:04 PM
The problem with sims 2 elevators. Well actually the sims using the elevators, is when they want to talk to a person autonomously all the way on the bottom floor when they are on the fifth floor. By the time they board the lift and get to the bottom, the target sim has taken another lift back to the top floor and the sim that wants to talk has to ring for it again and go back to the top floor in hoping they will catch them next time. It's a serious case of musical elevators where most of the time sims are stuck riding the elevator the whole time.
Field Researcher
#12856 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 10:15 PM
What I want to suggest is kind of...mix of HACKED OBJECT, INTERACTION and ANIMATION (borrowed animation).

It would be interesting and useful if sims could have FUNCTIONAL RECORDING STUDIO MACHINE. It would need 2 sims - one to sing and one to sit (like when they are on conputer) on oppsite side and JUDGE the singing sims. Plus, I imagined it with EARNING MONEY option - the better singing, the better recording and bigger money earned.

What you simmers think?
Instructor
#12857 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 12:24 AM
Re elevators: I think they're a bit clunky to use in my builds, so I reserve them for very special community lots. In appartment lots, I fake elevators using Targa's teleporter stairs instead. They take up only one square of space, so I can actually transport more than two sims at the time if I plan my builds properly. What I wish for is a cc elevator door that animates - meaning sims can pretend to summon the lift and thel doors would then open - and that could be used with the elevator stairs to keep up the illusion. I'd gladly miss out on the woohoo function in most residential lots if it meant I could transport my appartment dwellers quickly and efficiently without loosing the animated details that make it look more realistic.
Forum Resident
#12858 Old 10th Sep 2022 at 2:52 AM Last edited by grinevilly : 10th Sep 2022 at 7:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
To be fair, the hot tub allows more than 2 and still has woohoo, although I both agree with your post and wish the hot tub could accommodate more than two in that other usage.

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL... it can.
I'm not sure where i got it, but i think it requires 4... so you can have 2 or 4, but no 3s. I suppose 3 would be odd... ah!!

I will see if i can find where i got it from, but i'm not sure if it's something I can share here.
[edited to add...] it appears to be a Chris Hatch object, which means I got it from BAS, which is long gone... i don't know where to get his stuff anymore. =(

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#12859 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
It would be interesting and useful if sims could have FUNCTIONAL RECORDING STUDIO MACHINE. It would need 2 sims - one to sing and one to sit (like when they are on conputer) on oppsite side and JUDGE the singing sims. Plus, I imagined it with EARNING MONEY option - the better singing, the better recording and bigger money earned. What you simmers think?

As someone who has been patiently waiting for remake of TS1 Superstar, yes, I love that idea. I still--still can't believe we didn't get objects and interactions like that in TS3, the open world game that focused on a ton of jobs--that had more than one EP/SP about performing.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#12860 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 4:06 PM
A mod that lets you build floating houses on ocean front property. Having a deck or dock extension connect the land with the floating house over/on the water. Any ideas builders?
Forum Resident
#12861 Old 13th Sep 2022 at 7:28 PM Last edited by grinevilly : 13th Sep 2022 at 7:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
A mod that lets you build floating houses on ocean front property. Having a deck or dock extension connect the land with the floating house over/on the water. Any ideas builders?

I think i've seen several houses built like that. There's gotta be tutorials around somewhere. I KNOW there's piers. I'm pretty sure i've seen houses as well. Unfortunately, i don't exactly know what you'd search for, to find an answer... It's doable, but you probably need to make use of some building cheats.

Lemme have a look around...

[UPDATE]:
Ah! here's one great example -- the one I was thinking of, but there's many, many others... Here!

MustLuvCatz Tutorial

We may also be holding a builders workshop on that subject in the not-too-distant future... We've got some Great modders willing to share their experience and knowledge in a live, hand's-on workshop setting. We're booked through mid-October already, on all kinds of topics, like how to recolor, make poseboxes, gradient hair, using lot adjuster, creating separates, building homes on cliffs, converting T-to-A and Back, creating your own overlays, and much, much more!

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#12862 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 12:44 PM
I also made a tutorial that teaches you how to build everything on the ocean front without having to overuse the constrain floor elevation cheat:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=571201
Lab Assistant
#12863 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 4:13 PM
For sims1 there was a hack/doorway that you could use on churches, restaurants, etc. that would change all sims into their formal wear as they enter. Fun hack - miss it lol all these years later
Field Researcher
#12864 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by momshavinfun
For sims1 there was a hack/doorway that you could use on churches, restaurants, etc. that would change all sims into their formal wear as they enter. Fun hack - miss it lol all these years later

You can find here exact cc - FAT D's clothes controller (or something like that). With that you decide what type of clothes sims should wear on a lot or in a room.
Forum Resident
#12865 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 7:40 PM
Speaking of TS1...

The TS1 campfire was sooooo much better than the TS2 version! I remember being disappointed that you couldn't spawn a ghost from telling stories around the fire. You could still roast marshmallows, but what happened to the campfire sing-a-longs?! I remember simlish versions of "Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore," "On Top of Old Smokey," and "She'll Be Coming 'Round the Mountain"... can't remember if there was a 4th. That's something i'd love to see added to TS2. Simlish songs would be hard to duplicate, unless you could pull the original files from TS1. I know they had male and female singers, but i know nothing about compatibility. Maybe the option should appear when a sim has +6 or more creativity. Maybe start with one song, and each level after they'd get a new song? Or maybe just unleash the whole kit-and-kaboodle at +6 creativity. Either/or would be enough to make me happy! Of course, you'd need to snatch the guitar strumming anims from somewhere and adjust them for a sitting sim, rather than standing. No easy task, but it doesn't seem out of the range of possibilities, either! How fun would that be?

And, on an aside, Happy 18th Birthday to The Sims 2!
We should start a push now, for EA to release a "Sims2-0th!! Anniversary Pack" -- be it an EP or even an SP, to commemorate TWENTY thriving, vibrant years on top of the gaming community! That is quite an extraordinary fete, to conquer not just one, but TWO of your subsequent game titles in your lineage! If they start now, they should be ready by Sept 14, 2024! ...or they could just release a buggy pack and promise an update at a later time, like they normally do... hahaha

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#12866 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 9:57 PM
From what I remember there were a couple of things that were better in Sims 1 than in Sims 2. Magic is the biggest example, probably, with stuff like living garden gnomes and turning pets into human Sims and stuff like that.
You could also have child ghosts in TS1, while in TS2 they cause glitches. And it had a lot more weird things like Bonehilda, the Tragic Clown and those creepy prank calls (They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door!).
Especially those prank calls weirded me out as a young child. I actually thought they meant something and when they said something like "You are an autumn type, decorate accordingly" or "Your psychic advisor suggest you refrain from building activities this week" I actually followed that because I thought it would have actual effect on my Sims haha.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12867 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 11:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
those creepy prank calls (They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door!).
Especially those prank calls weirded me out as a young child. I actually thought they meant something and when they said something like "You are an autumn type, decorate accordingly" or "Your psychic advisor suggest you refrain from building activities this week" I actually followed that because I thought it would have actual effect on my Sims haha.

I have those in my Sims 2 game now- courtesy of Lazy Duchess! He put all the calls in there, even the 'Do you canoe?' one!
https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...-it-would#notes
Lab Assistant
#12868 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
You can find here exact cc - FAT D's clothes controller (or something like that). With that you decide what type of clothes sims should wear on a lot or in a room.

Thank you! I will run a search and see if I can find it
Mad Poster
#12869 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 10:21 PM
That clothing comtroller is found HERE and I've gotten it downloaded.
Field Researcher
#12870 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 7:04 PM
It would be nice and romantic to have functional/usable DOUBLE SWING, not just for swinging but also for romantic interactions. A couple can kiss and make out on double swing, plus the double swing would require 2 sims to be able to use it.
Mad Poster
#12871 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 9:01 PM
^ You can make a double swing by putting two single swings together (they'll attach), but those would only be for playing on. For romantic actions you'd need a completely new set of interactions and animations. I've seen a few benches/loveseats that looks like wooden garden swings, though. It's probably possible to add a rocking motion to a loveseat (kinda like rocking chairs that already exists), but I have doubts you can make something functional out of a swing that works as a swing.

Still, would've been a nice object if it was possible.
Alchemist
#12872 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 7:03 AM
I'd like a mod that lets witches craft voodoo dolls.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12873 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 10:28 AM
I'd like a mod that lets voodoo dolls fully work.
Wouldn't that be fun...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#12874 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 7:26 PM
@FranH well, I use more powerful voodoo dolls by Black_Spirit so I'm not sure what you mean. It's been a while since I used the vanilla voodoo doll. Is there something specific that doesn't work, or is it that it isn't as strong as other magic?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#12875 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 7:37 PM
I've not used any voodoo dolls in the game, thinking they're just decorative.
I'll take your word for it that they do work, but as I don't know how to use them I haven't got a clue.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 515 of 580