Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#12876 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I've not used any voodoo dolls in the game, thinking they're just decorative.
I'll take your word for it that they do work, but as I don't know how to use them I haven't got a clue.

Voodoo dolls work only if you put them in sims inventory, not outside.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12877 Old 24th Sep 2022 at 11:52 PM
Voodoo dolls work in real life too -- or at least they seem to.

When my mother was young they had a neighbour who really was shooting pigeons, and they thought he was shooting cats too. Her older brother made a doll of him and stuck pins in it. My mother told me the doll really looked like the man. It worked too; the man then died of cancer.

I really don't know if I want my Sims to have access to such powerful occult magic. They might make a doll of me.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#12878 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 2:09 AM
Aww @AndrewGloria but aren't you really good to your sims? Surely they wouldn't make a doll out of you.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#12879 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
It would be nice and romantic to have functional/usable DOUBLE SWING, not just for swinging but also for romantic interactions. A couple can kiss and make out on double swing, plus the double swing would require 2 sims to be able to use it.

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ You can make a double swing by putting two single swings together (they'll attach), but those would only be for playing on. For romantic actions you'd need a completely new set of interactions and animations. I've seen a few benches/loveseats that looks like wooden garden swings, though. It's probably possible to add a rocking motion to a loveseat (kinda like rocking chairs that already exists), but I have doubts you can make something functional out of a swing that works as a swing.

Still, would've been a nice object if it was possible.

Adult swings for TS2 do exist... not sure they kiss and make out... doesn't require two to use them. They don't use them side-by-side. So depending on what kinds of interactions you're looking for... Like, kissing on the couch or something like that, i have not seen. But then, i don't think i've ever seen side-by-side swings for 2 irl, either. We had the ones where you sit across from each other, but i'm not sure how good those would be for romantic interactions. You'd likely bunk heads, and that's not very romantic! hahaha

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#12880 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 2:57 AM
^ You mean swings enabled for adults, or swings with "adult" actions? Those are very different.

If you put swings side by side, they connect, but just like they're part of a double swingset. Two sims can't sit on the same seat, and they'll swing independently of each other.
Mad Poster
#12881 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 10:35 AM
I've seen sofas that are basically hanging benches, it'd be neat if those could swing.
Field Researcher
#12882 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I've seen sofas that are basically hanging benches, it'd be neat if those could swing.

Its EXTACTLY what I suggested. :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#12883 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ You mean swings enabled for adults, or swings with "adult" actions? Those are very different.

If you put swings side by side, they connect, but just like they're part of a double swingset. Two sims can't sit on the same seat, and they'll swing independently of each other.

If I remember correctly, adults can use the base game swings. I mean adult, as in, I can't link to it on this site. hahaha

-gE
>=)
Forum Resident
#12884 Old 25th Sep 2022 at 11:04 PM
A double loft bed. I've never seen one. Perfect for tiny homes or apartments. I'd love to be able to put maybe a couch and tv under it for a small studio apartment.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Forum Resident
#12885 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
A double loft bed. I've never seen one. Perfect for tiny homes or apartments. I'd love to be able to put maybe a couch and tv under it for a small studio apartment.

Have you seen the "Shiftable Everything" Mod by @Lamare ? You could pretty much basically make your own. Take any bed you want, shift it off the ground, however high or low you want it, and use columns for bed posts... blammo!! Loft bed. You'd have to deal with a bit of a jump-bug issue, since the sims will get in at the regular height, then sorta SNAP up into place. But it's a really amazing tool! The applications of Lamare's mod are practically boundless! Total game-changer...

-gE
>=)
Theorist
#12886 Old 26th Sep 2022 at 12:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
A double loft bed
There are also Shelf beds available over at Simlogical:
https://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2...2_Shelfbeds.htm
Field Researcher
#12887 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 3:52 PM
Dont know if its possible but kind of HOUSEHOLD ECONOMIC STATUS plug in mod would be useful. Something similar to SIMS 1 money status (how much sims earned, how much spent,...).
Alchemist
#12888 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 5:58 AM
All these new mods lately make me wonder if it'll be possible to edit households' closets one day. It'd be neat to choose which outfits sims take with them to a new household, but I'd settle for a utility that runs outside the game that lets you copy closets from one household to another and delete the clothing great-great grandpa/grandma wore when they were kids.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#12889 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
All these new mods lately make me wonder if it'll be possible to edit households' closets one day. It'd be neat to choose which outfits sims take with them to a new household, but I'd settle for a utility that runs outside the game that lets you copy closets from one household to another and delete the clothing great-great grandpa/grandma wore when they were kids.

But why would you delete them? They don't wear out and the fashions don't change unless you make them, so they'll make excellent hand-me-downs.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Alchemist
#12890 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 2:19 PM
Yeah, but it's good to clean out the closet every once and a while! After a while some things just become clutter, especially if you take the time to personalize your sims' wardrobe. Things their ancestors wore are not the same things they'll wear because they have completely different personalities. And from a gameplay perspective, it kind of sucks the challenge out of some things if no one ever needs to buy new clothes. Like sure, I could keep the pajamas and the swimwear or something. But to me it's a problem when a family has all the swim/gym wear and pjs I have, not really because I have a clothes-conscience sim who bought out the entire store, but more so because there's been so many sims in that family. I can get rid of a family's generational wealth, but I can't get rid of their closet.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12891 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 3:02 PM
May I introduce- Wardrobe Cleaner by our fabulous Mootilda:
https://modthesims.info/d/489194
Alchemist
#12892 Old 4th Oct 2022 at 7:13 PM
Oh thanks @simsample! I had no idea that existed; I swear I find new things on this site everyday.

Field Researcher
#12893 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 10:51 AM
Dont know if anyone before mentioned this kind of mod. Its like...FIX and/or PLUG IN. You know when you have a family household in main hood or sub-hood but one if the family members movies into the main hood or sub-hood (opposite of the place where rest of the family live) and as result the sim lose family relationship/connection with them? Well...what I want to suggest is plug in/fix mod with which sims can move into ANY SUB-HOOD or from sub-hood to the main hood WITHOUT LOSING family connections. What you simmers think?
Mad Poster
#12894 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 11:39 AM
I don't think Sims lose family relationships when they move between sub-hoods (including moving to/from the main 'hood). Do they?

When Sims move out, they move to the Family Bin, and from there they can and do move to the main 'hood or to any suburb or downtown associated with it. In our Veronaville both the Monty and Capp families are split between Veronaville and Downtown, without any apparent loss of family relationships.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Field Researcher
#12895 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Lena88 : 5th Oct 2022 at 1:19 PM.
More than once when I moved Melody Tinker from Bluewater Village to the main hood she would lose family relationship with her parents. She wozldnt recognize them (and vice versa) as parents.
Mad Poster
#12896 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 1:21 PM
I have a couple of times seen a SREL (Sim Relations) record get deleted and, as a result, a Sim has lost an important relationship with another Sim. On one occasion my CAS teen Dean Cameron lost his relationship with his mother Carla Cameron. On another occasion (I think it was before they were married) my original Sim Gloria lost her relationship with her long-term boyfriend (now her husband) Garry. (They've been an "item" almost since the beginning of my game.) On both occasions I quit without saving, and restored the missing relationship in SimPE. I'm sure both were just glitches though. Neither were related to moving between 'hoods. Carla and Dean have both spent time as townies, but they had been living together in the same house for some time when Dean suddenly lost his relationship to Carla. She still knew he was her son, but I noticed that she got a "Lost Dean as a Best Friend" memory, while he got a "Met Carla" memory. On noticing this I quit without saving. Neither Gloria nor Garry have ever left their native Veronaville. In fact Gloria has never moved out of 19 Chorus Court that she moved into on my very first day playing. I'm sure this incident happened before they married, so Garry too was still living in his own house on the other side of the canal, which he bought in December 2012. I've never seen any connection between moving between sub-hoods and losing relationships.

The fact that SRELs can get deleted is a bit worrying. There have probably been others that I never noticed. If a relationship record between two townies who barely know each other gets deleted, it's very unlikely that anyone will notice. I only noticed these two because they were so significant. But I'm convinced they're just glitches, and the game is far to good to give up playing because of a couple of glitches.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#12897 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 7:49 PM
I've had relationships glitch out in Pleasantview when I first started playing on my older laptop more than ten years ago back when Seasons was recently out.I lost that Pleasantview not too long after because it got corrupted.
Forum Resident
#12898 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 8:05 PM
I've had relationships glitch out too like that. For instance, 2 sims were supposed to be in love with each other, one was still in love but the other was a complete stranger even though they had 100% relationships. An unnerving and unexpected glitch. Thank goodness for the insimenator's relationship adjuster to save the day. And the sim blender too..
Theorist
#12899 Old 5th Oct 2022 at 10:42 PM
I never had relationships glitch out, at least not that I remember. It might help though that I almost never interact with Townies.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#12900 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 2:27 AM
I've had what i THOUGHT was a relationship glitch, but it turns out there was a logical explanation. Since the dawn of time, Beau Broke was very good friends with his big brother's girlfriend, Angela Pleasant. The lifelong friendship continued to grow after Angela joined the family and provided Beau with a niece and a nephew! But suddenly, Angela did not like Beau anymore. What the heck? So i worked hard to restore the friendship and built it back up... Few days later... Angela did not like Beau anymore! I had to start over again. I mean, she had -- relationship scores with him and it KEPT happening! I thought it must be a bug somewhere, and I'd just have to deal with it.

Turns out... Mary-Sue Pleasant somehow, some way developed a crush on Beau! They had never had any romantic interactions that I'm aware of! I certainly never told them to... who knows? Maybe one threw food in the other's face once, since that's a highly romantic thing to do in the Simsverse! Nothing quite says, 'i love you' like a handful of piping hot chili con carne to the kisser! But it was certainly nothing intentional!

Well, Beau is a very likeable romance sim, with the morals of an alley cat. He gets around like a ferris wheel with a hemi. Apparently, Mary-Sue spotted him on dates and interacting in...very friendly ways with his companions on these dates, and considered that to be cheating, since she was in love with him. And aparently, she's a gossipmonger, too... Because she told Angela that Beau cheated on her, resulting in Angela (somehow believing that her mother and her husband's baby brother were an item?!) got FURIOUS with Beau! As time wore on, even without playing the household, the fury dissipated, but left Angela with diminished feelings towards her brother-in-law. Now, anytime Angela sees Beau downtown, cheating on her mother, she gets angry with him. Apparently, she doesn't realize her mother's a cradle-robbing creeper, and thinks that Beau should treat her mother better... Beau has issues with the children of several families because, well... he has the morals of an alley cat.

So what may SEEM like an unexplained glitch may have a logical explanation. OR... it may, indeed be a glitch. When moving sims between hoods/sub-hoods, are they left in the bin for any duration? Relationships still deteriorate in the bin, so if they're in there awhile, they may wind up with 0/0 relationships to family and friends just because of that. It should NOT be breaking relationships. Parents will still be parents, and their children still their children. But they may have no relationship value at all, after a period of time

-gE
>=)
Page 516 of 577