Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 6:11 AM
Default Re-downloading old TS3 patches and Firefox tells me that it's a potential security risk
After borking my old external hard drive where all of my downloaded patches are (hoping that there's still a way to fix and retrieve all of the stuff in it as there are files as old as from 2007 stored in it), I have to re-downlaod all of them to back them up and possibly copy it to a cousin who loves the game as much as I do. I accessed the archives and as soon as I download the first base game patch, Firefox tells me this:

Quote:
File not downloaded. Potential security risk. The file uses an insecure connection. It may be corrupted or tampered with during the download process. You can search for an alternate download source or try again later.

Is it still safe to download them even with the warning by skipping it or don't take any chances of screwing something up again? I'm worried it'll be another domino effect if I download it.

The Random Simming (Mis)Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy Currently on a hiatus.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 3:02 PM
It probably is but you only need the Superpatcher to patch your game to 1.67. https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sim...per-patcher/#pc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
https://modthesims.info/showthread....192#post5851192

I have the trial version of EaseUS installed when I initially tried to recover the contents. On the fence of purchasing the full version since it's too pricey at the moment. Apparently, a shop in the city does recovery services and was suggested twice to me . Keeping my fingers crossed I can get them all back in one piece.

The Random Simming (Mis)Adventures: A Simblr.

Currently playing Generation Two of the Senna Legacy Currently on a hiatus.

My current and former system specs and game settings can be found here. CC, mods and Store items are listed here.