Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 9:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default dccache stopping game from booting.
i realised the issue is my ddcache as i must of downloaded a broken piece of custom content. I made a new sims folder by deleting it and then putting files from the old one into the new one just so it could be cleaned out a little and thats how i discovered it was the dccache, not only that but when i was trying to fix it i must of replaced the working ccmerged file for the dcbackup folder, replacing it with either an old/new one with none of my dccache files loaded onto it, is there a way to find my old ccmerged? ive tried doing the windows search and its all old ones that dont work.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2022 at 11:15 PM
the thing is i have quite a bit of store content downloaded and other launcher installed cc, but none of the newly generated ccmerge files work
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2022 at 12:30 AM
Your existing ccmerged file is only updated when content is reinstalled the long way, not by files being transferred over from a different game folder.

You can get a replacement ccmerged file here , if this is the issue. It's only really relevant for TS3 Store Premium Content, though, not other store content or other forms of cc. Nonamena's file accounts for all recognized Premium Store Content and its not harmful to use even if you only have/use a subset of that.