Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#751 Old 1st Apr 2021 at 10:48 AM
@AndrewGloria Your sims' houses could have drainpipes too:
https://modthesims.info/d/220077/ea...le-gutters.html
I need these in Lacuna Delta as it rains a lot, but your Veronaville always looks sunny.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#752 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 9:53 AM Last edited by OnayaW : 4th Apr 2021 at 1:02 AM.
Still working on pleasantview - and actually took the curious question seriously so now I've moved around a bit on the town to add a block of actual apartments and stuff for fun. Gonna make some of them shops but yeah. The layout for Pleasantview is currently this.

By all means: yes I am turning Pleasantview into some English/Danish town just like I turned Riverblossom into a rural danish village.
Screenshots

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#753 Old 12th May 2021 at 7:15 AM
Welcome to Desert Bluffs!

Working on my first attempt at a desert community - something waaay outside my comfort zone hahah. I think it's turning out nicely though! Possibly a bit too crowded, still need to get used to the empty spaces typical of desert towns.

P.S: if someone spots from what these houses are based on, I will be thoroughly impressed :p

Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#754 Old 12th May 2021 at 11:21 AM
@Morrowindnostalgia Lovely! Such a lot of detail! Now I want to know where you got all of your CC, especially the washing lines and the vehicles! :lovestruc I don't recognise the place though, but it looks very realistic!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#755 Old 12th May 2021 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Morrowindnostalgia Lovely! Such a lot of detail! Now I want to know where you got all of your CC, especially the washing lines and the vehicles! :lovestruc I don't recognise the place though, but it looks very realistic!

@Simsample: thank you! That's a great compliment coming from you I'm 99% certain the vehicles are from Criquette's Busy Roads hood deco collection. As for the washing lines, that is a very good question... I THINK it's one of CuriousB's mods (possibly Forgotten Town/Ghost town collection) or it could be something from PsychoSim.... If anyone knows an easy way to see the file name of a specific neighbourhood deco do let me know and I'll go check!

Edit: I really like the city vibes of your photos! Big cities seem a bit challenging for me, I never know how to plan them properly and how to use hood deco accurately :p

Double edit: Turns out it was Criquette after all! The washing lines are from his Smuggled Decos Pt1 collection. The windmills are a mystery to me though.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#756 Old 12th May 2021 at 1:33 PM
@Morrowindnostalgia Oh, I didn't realise they were hood decos, how effective! I didn't have the cars, so I downloaded them, but I did have the washing lines downloaded, but not in-game. Very cool, thanks for the info! I think the windmills must be Chimerical's 3t2.
Thanks for the compliment, that town is an old one I've been playing for probably 10 years or more, it has evolved rather than being designed! I've been working on a desert neighbourhood too, but not nearly as detailed as yours!
Lab Assistant
#757 Old 12th May 2021 at 3:41 PM
@Morrowindnostalgia Oh, I didn't realise they were hood decos, how effective! I didn't have the cars, so I downloaded them, but I did have the washing lines downloaded, but not in-game. Very cool, thanks for the info! I think the windmills must be Chimerical's 3t2.
Thanks for the compliment, that town is an old one I've been playing for probably 10 years or more, it has evolved rather than being designed! I've been working on a desert neighbourhood too, but not nearly as detailed as yours!

@Simsample: one reason I love Criquette's work is that despite being hood decos, they look fantastic in lot view as well - you can't even tell the difference (until your sim walks through an invisible car lol).

I hope my hoods will survive 10 years! I almost lost Hallowbrook a while back due to corruption. Rebuilt it from an old backup, fingers crossed that no problems pop up again.
Lab Assistant
#758 Old 14th May 2021 at 8:44 PM
Default Welcome to Desert Bluffs - now open to tourists!
Welcome to Desert Bluffs!

Intro

Photos

BONUS
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#759 Old 14th May 2021 at 9:07 PM
I love it, and I prefer the tarmac roads to the dirt roads I think. Such a lot of detail, amazing work @morrowindnostalgia !
Lab Assistant
#760 Old 14th May 2021 at 9:42 PM
I love it, and I prefer the tarmac roads to the dirt roads I think. Such a lot of detail, amazing work @morrowindnostalgia !

@simsample: Glad you like the finished product, thanks for the kind words! As for the dirt roads... agh, it's such a hard decision! Some moments I'm loving the tarmac more, then suddenly I'm back to loving the dirt roads hahaha....Tarmac makes more realistic sense I think.... It's a small town in the middle of nowhere, but there's enough people living there that they'd invest in proper roads I think :p
Scholar
#761 Old 16th May 2021 at 7:18 AM
This... Thing.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#762 Old 23rd May 2021 at 9:34 PM
@Sims2Christain Looks like an alien artefact!

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#763 Old 24th May 2021 at 10:22 PM
Radioactive roof snow?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#764 Old 24th May 2021 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Radioactive roof snow?
Probably, this is Lacuna Delta! (People keep telling me to use DreadPirate's less blue snow shaders, but I like blue, dammit! And I won't override my blue UI either. )
Scholar
#765 Old 17th Jun 2021 at 10:44 AM
Who stole all me sand?!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#766 Old 9th Aug 2021 at 3:10 PM Last edited by HarVee : 9th Aug 2021 at 4:44 PM.
Two random shots of my Pleasantview. Main street, and revised Woodland Drive. The plumbob is where the Broke family now lives. I utilize a lot of detailed 3D trees and props in this town, probably more than I should have as my FPS dropped by 10 frames. Oh well.

A friend told me, when I first showed him the pics, that if it didn't say Pleasantview on the top bar you wouldn't even know it was that town.

Edit to add; And here is an overview of it. It's hard to see all the tiny details I put into it, but you can see the general layout though. The plumbob families are the Brokes, Pleasants, Goths, and Landgraabs. Dreamer, Lothario, and Caliente families are not shown. They still exist but their houses have been moved to the edges of the neighborhood until I can effectively move their graves to the church/graveyard lot and give the living Sims a new home. Out of sight out of mind, so they say.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#767 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 7:56 PM
It's still an early WIP but here's a shot of Plot of Land. Mutant tall-as-a-house Cacti are common here.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#768 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 8:57 PM
Wow Har Vee Pleasantview looks lovely! Very different. And I like the way Plot of Land is looking, is that one you might upload? Lovely!
Mad Poster
#769 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 9:40 PM Last edited by HarVee : 15th Aug 2021 at 10:10 AM.
Wow Har Vee Pleasantview looks lovely! Very different. And I like the way Plot of Land is looking, is that one you might upload? Lovely!

The original plan wasn't to upload Plot of Land, but since there's interest in it, I'll wade through my CC and figure out what's absolutely needed to run it and I'll get a tester/feedback thread started for it. Unlike Nhw-Wr, Plot of Land doesn't actually use that much CC maybe 400MB at the moment so it will be much easier to share.

Edit to add; Feedback thread for Plot of Land can be found here.

Alchemist
#771 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 7:32 AM
I've just finished totally renovating the Hobbies stealth hood. Now it looks like this.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#772 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 10:39 AM Last edited by simsample : 25th Aug 2021 at 1:18 PM.
My old faithful neighbourhood, much abused- it's had all sorts of experiments carried out on it!

Edit:
The Uni subhood:

And the island vacation destination:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#773 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 11:24 AM
Arundel:
Screenshots

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#774 Old 25th Aug 2021 at 7:20 PM
@Aspersim We have a pictures forum, for showing pictures of pretty much anything in your game. Before starting new threads, do take a look to see if what you are posting should be part of an existing thread. I've merged this with the pictures/hoods thread.
Test Subject
#775 Old 26th Aug 2021 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Christoffer : 26th Aug 2021 at 4:16 AM.
Welcome to Treno!

Been playing for 1,5 year on this neighborhood.

As you can tell its an ongoing project. Did some landscaping in SimCity4 on the Moon Island.

Screenshots
Page 31 of 35