Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:36 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:06 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Lot description stuck in upper right corner {solved kinda}
Hey guys! I downloaded a world that I've been avoiding because of this annoying little glitch. I thought if I run it through caw maybe it would disappear but to no avail. But basically while in edit town if I click on the lot the description appears but then continuing in gameplay this glitch lot description square is stuck in the upper right corner and wont go away. Any solutions?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:47 PM
Go back to caw, delete the lot, draw it again. NOT delete/undo. Then place it again in CAW Edit in game mode. Sometimes changing the lot type helped, too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
Go back to caw, delete the lot, draw it again. NOT delete/undo. Then place it again in CAW Edit in game mode. Sometimes changing the lot type helped, too.

I will try this!
maybe... I'd hate to have to rebuild it.. also the world isnt super amazing and this just seems too much..

Is there a fix without caw?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 8:31 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't understand how a lot description glitch is actually lot related. But I find that most lot issues can be fixed by saving to the bin and then replacing it with the bin version.

I'll try this first.'

EDIT:
So, I've found out that the glitch extends past the world itself. I exited to main menu and re-entered my game and it didnt go anywhere. I didnt like the lot much anyway so its gone however i may HAVE to go back into caw b/c it does look like the lot is glitched. Since deleting it and re-entering the save the lot is now lop-sided/out of place....
not sure what causes this still. I have an idea for this world and would like to play without issues like this.

Final:
Every lot in the world is doodoo so I'm jsut going to have to build myself which I wanted to avoid but oh well.
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 10:23 PM
When this happened in a world/neighborhood I was building, the only thing I found that would fix it was to delete the lot in CAW and re-draw it. Also, I deleted the lot from my bin and re-downloaded the lot. Be sure to clear all caches in CAW. Thankfully, when I placed the new downloaded lot onto the new CAW lot, it fixed the error.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 6:05 PM
I am aware that this thread is long dead, but there is no other instance of this thread here or anywhere else on Google. I am here to report the same issue. My all-time favorite World is the Undercity Ghetto, which has long had a bugged, heavily modified version of the Twinbrook Park.

When you mouse over its icon in Edit Town Mode, OP's problem manifests. I have been making my own update to that World and found that the problem persists. Through months of testing, I found that the problem was with the lot itself, as deleting and reconstituting a new Lot in that spot failed to rectify the issue at hand. It occurs on no other Lot.

-------

Jesus loves you and died for you!

Your resident prude! A pox on all who remove the "censor blurs" on showering (etc.) Sims!
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:19 PM
It is definitely tied to the lot and it will not solve itself. You will have to change something on the lot to force the game to recalculate the value. That usually works for me. In any case you will have to bulldoze the lot and place it again from the bin.