Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 1:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Can't find Surf's Up (store) surfboard in-game
Hi all,

I have the Surf's Up store collection but I am unable to find the surfing board in-game. I read that it's under outdoor activities and under entertainment --> misc, but it isn't showing up in either category. The wave station shows up. Uninstalling and reinstalling isn't an option as I can't find the set in my launcher - it crashes before I'm able to locate it (I have a ton of CC so this is a common issue, unfortunately). I should add that I purchased these items through the store, they weren't downloaded illegally or anything.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 4:02 PM
According to this - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...s-the-surfboard - they found it under Entertainment, Misc.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
According to this - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...s-the-surfboard - they found it under Entertainment, Misc.

Yeah, i've looked there several times and nothing. Maybe if i knew how much it costs?
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2021 at 10:04 PM
I was having a lot of trouble finding store items when I set up my game a few months ago. I had to remove them and reinstall them a couple of times. But I learned a new trick (from igazor, I think: over at the right hand side of the catalog pane, that little asterisk thing allows you to choose to see only store items, only cc items, or only items from certain expansion packs. That helps a lot by removing several hundred teeny little pictures from your view.

next time I play I will look at my catalog and see what it's next to also.
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 5:31 AM
If I am recalling correctly there isn't a surfboard, there is only the wave station. When your sim uses it, it spawns the surfboard while they use it. You can't go open water surfing or anything it is only on the wave station.

Edit: Yes I just checked the Wave Station is it, there's no separate surfboard.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:26 AM
I know there are some (decorative) surfboards in the game. One is wall mounted, and one stands free. The free standing is as far as I can remember a store item.
Instructor
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:32 AM
Yeah they didn't come with the Surf's Up, I believe the OP thinks there was a surfboard and the wave machine but it was only the wave machine which spawns the surfboard they use on it. There isn't a surfboard for actually surfing in the ocean, the wave machine has to be placed. There are windsurfers that came with IP, think there were some deco surfboards with IP also.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 1:25 PM
Huh, that would explain it! I guess I was confused because this guide mentions a separate surfboard item (it sounded like you could use the custom board instead of the one generated by the wave station):

https://simscommunity.info/store-gu...tion-set-guide/

Am I misunderstanding, then?
Alchemist
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Huh, that would explain it! I guess I was confused because this guide mentions a separate surfboard item (it sounded like you could use the custom board instead of the one generated by the wave station):

https://simscommunity.info/store-gu...tion-set-guide/

Am I misunderstanding, then?

Yeah, it's only a deco board. And the... "Beware of the Loose Seal in oceans and ponds!" ...is total baloney. Even after all this time it's actually kind a sad that I still find it funny how EA tries to sell stuff by promising more than they actually deliver. We all know that it's their modus operandi.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 4:55 PM
Well, at least it makes me feel better that i'm not missing out on something i could actually have. Thanks everyone!
Forum Resident
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 5:32 PM
I completely forgot about this feature from the Surf's Up Wave Machine. Now I can't wait until Spring and Summer but had to try it out again. How many more features have I just forgotten about? XD

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Alchemist
#12 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 6:46 PM
There is an edited version of this wave machine somewhere. All parts except the board are invisible and if I remember corretly, it was placeable in the ocean. I saw it somewhere once during a download spree but didn't download it and now I can't remember where it is. I do remember that placing the thing was apparently a bit of a hazzle. Just thought of mentioning it in case someone likes a bit more freedom with this thing.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorceress Supreme
There is an edited version of this wave machine somewhere. All parts except the board are invisible and if I remember corretly, it was placeable in the ocean. I saw it somewhere once during a download spree but didn't download it and now I can't remember where it is. I do remember that placing the thing was apparently a bit of a hazzle. Just thought of mentioning it in case someone likes a bit more freedom with this thing.

Yup, mspoodle made that! I had to make a new lot in order to place it.
Instructor
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:38 PM
They fixed the seal also and made it look like a seal if I am remembering that correctly. EA is really big on the hype and always sucks on the delivery.