Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 2:35 PM Last edited by melanie_ts2 : 11th Sep 2022 at 11:21 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Into the Future
Default *not solved* game crashes when opening worlds
so i have a couple of NRaas mods and some default replacements and about 5 pieces of custom content. i have all expansions except showtime and island paradise and no stuffpacks and i also own riverview, midnight hollow and sunlit tides. when i load a world (it doesn't matter which one) it crashes every time. i'm not really technical but i know mods can cause some issues and so i moved the mods folder to my desktop. when i ran the game without the mods folder it didn't crash. i made sure the game recognized my graphics card so i don't think it has to do with the graphics so it's probably some of the mods or cc but i don't know how to find out what's causing it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
do the fitty-fitty method.

i did that and it crashed both times. could the 'resource.cfg-file' be the problem?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 4:46 PM
Is your Mods folder and the resource.cfg-file set up correctly?

Also, are all mods updated to match the version of your game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2022 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Is your Mods folder and the resource.cfg-file set up correctly?

Also, are all mods updated to match the version of your game?

1. yes.
2. it should be.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 7:47 PM
It means you have more than 1 broken mod and just happened when you split 50/50, both sides have bad mods.

Take 1/2 and split it in half again.

the only time it doesn't crash is when my mods folder is empty so i don't know what to do..
Inventor
#8 Old 9th Sep 2022 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melanie_ts2
the only time it doesn't crash is when my mods folder is empty so i don't know what to do..

Just to ask the question...all your mods are unzipped and are packages correct?

and you followed this?
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
Just to ask the question...all your mods are unzipped and are packages correct?

and you followed this?
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...Setup_and_Files

yes and yes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 6:53 AM
So you did the initial test with only the nointro mod?

yes, it worked but when i tried to put in any other mods it didn't work again.
Inventor
#13 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 2:10 PM
I still think you just got some bad mods, probably a lot of them.

Or maybe some some conflicting mods.
This might be good to start with. https://modthesims.info/d/387006/si...8217-25892.html
Forum Resident
#14 Old 12th Sep 2022 at 6:21 PM
Dashboard is good, but does not catch everything. Still, use it. I also do. I will assume your game and EP's, and worlds are not from Capt. Jack Sparrow. Things from him can be hit or miss, as far as containing broken items, which may crash your game. You say that you only have 5 pieces of CC??? That certainly is far from the several hundred hairs only in mine, so should not be too difficult to track down. How many Nraas mods, and which? You ran with only no intro, and it worked, yes. Nraas mods generally do not have issues with each other, so try putting them in and run the game. If they work, add back the 5 CC, one at a time. If Nraas alone crashes you, first check that you have the most up to date versions. Then, add those back one at a time.
Instructor
#15 Old 14th Sep 2022 at 3:59 AM
Make sure you do not have Master Controller Progression with Story Progression Base and Master Controller Base, or the Cupcake mod without the bakery items from the store as both those will crash your game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 9:21 AM
Or maybe some some conflicting mods.
This might be good to start with. https://modthesims.info/d/387006/si...8217-25892.html

i ran dashboard and removed the conflicting mods and it still crashed
Inventor
#17 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 12:12 PM
i ran dashboard and removed the conflicting mods and it still crashed

Ok did you clear your caches after removing the mods? I think the best thing to do is rename your Sims 3 folder to Sims3old and let the game regenerate a new folder. Create a new mods folder in the new game folder. Run the game. Then after you have a new game up and running start slowly adding back the mods you know are working correctly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 1:31 PM
Ok did you clear your caches after removing the mods? I think the best thing to do is rename your Sims 3 folder to Sims3old and let the game regenerate a new folder. Create a new mods folder in the new game folder. Run the game. Then after you have a new game up and running start slowly adding back the mods you know are working correctly.

already did, and it still crashed with EVERY mod..
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 1:52 PM

How many mods is "every mod"?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Sep 2022 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
How many mods is "every mod"?

about 55 default replacements, the nraas mods and about 7-9 pieces of non-default makeup.
Instructor
#22 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 4:23 AM
Do you ave any default replacements for the same thing, like 2 skins or 2 eye DR's?
Inventor
#23 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mandelyn
Do you ave any default replacements for the same thing, like 2 skins or 2 eye DR's?

That's what I'm thinking as well.
Inventor
#24 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 2:36 PM

Take two screenshots and upload them here. One of your mods folder (do you have an override folder for your default replacements?) with all the mods you have. We might be able to figure out what mods you have that are causing the issue. When I mean slowly replace back your mods. This is the painful process. Put one mod in at a time and start your game up. Clearing caches every time you do this. It will determine which mod is causing the issue. I literally had a mod one that I would never think would conflict cause a ton of issues and I did this process long as it was till I found the offending mod.

Second, What worlds do you have installed? and have you downloaded anything from the Sims Exchange?
Inventor
#25 Old 16th Sep 2022 at 2:39 PM
Take two screenshots and upload them here. One of your mods folder (do you have an override folder for your default replacements?) with all the mods you have. We might be able to figure out what mods you have that are causing the issue. When I mean slowly replace back your mods. This is the painful process. Put one mod in at a time and start your game up. Clearing caches every time you do this. It will determine which mod is causing the issue. I literally had a mod one that I would never think would conflict cause a ton of issues and I did this process long as it was till I found the offending mod.

Second, What worlds do you have installed? and have you downloaded anything from the Sims Exchange?

Oh and another thing are you using an eyelash replacement mod? I had some issues with the SCLUB eyelash mod.
Page 1 of 2