Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 4:04 PM
How do I change a objects price and categories?
I want to make it so Hacked Objects appear at the front of the catalog and in a category I don't have many objects in.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowThatIsntYellow
I want to make it so Hacked Objects appear at the front of the catalog and in a category I don't have many objects in.

You need a program called the Transmogrifier (often called TMog for short). You can get the Transmogrifier at the Must-Have Programs page at the Sims Depot.

Once you've installed TMog, look at the file name of the object you want to change. Start up TMog, and it'll give you a list of all the objects in the game. Some of those will be Maxis objects, which you can CLONE but can't edit. But you can edit any object that's not a Maxis object.

Here's a picture of what TMog looks like:

In the left pane, there's a list of all the objects. Click on the non-Maxis object you want to edit or the Maxis object you want to clone, and the name of that object should become highlighted. Now click on the "Edit Object" button. It'll give you a pop-up:

You can edit the price of the object by clicking in the "Price" section of the pop-up's window and changing that number to any number you wish.

To change the section of the catalog in which the object will appear, click the "Edit Definition" button, which will produce another pop-up:

In the left pane is a list of editable properties. YOU SHOULD LEAVE MOST OF THOSE ALONE. Scroll down to "Function Flags" and click on that, and the right pane will show you a list of catalog categories. Click on whichever one you want to assign the object to.

By the way, there are editable properties for such things as Hunger, Comfort, Room, and so on, but editing these in TMog only changes what will appear in the CATALOG; it doesn't alter what the object's actual properties are. To change the ACTUAL amount that the object satisfies a sim's needs, you'd need to hack the object using IFF Pencil 2.

Have fun!
Screenshots

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
You need a program called the Transmogrifier (often called TMog for short). You can get the Transmogrifier at the Must-Have Programs page at the Sims Depot.

Once you've installed TMog, look at the file name of the object you want to change. Start up TMog, and it'll give you a list of all the objects in the game. Some of those will be Maxis objects, which you can CLONE but can't edit. But you can edit any object that's not a Maxis object.

Here's a picture of what TMog looks like:

In the left pane, there's a list of all the objects. Click on the non-Maxis object you want to edit or the Maxis object you want to clone, and the name of that object should become highlighted. Now click on the "Edit Object" button. It'll give you a pop-up:

You can edit the price of the object by clicking in the "Price" section of the pop-up's window and changing that number to any number you wish.

To change the section of the catalog in which the object will appear, click the "Edit Definition" button, which will produce another pop-up:

In the left pane is a list of editable properties. YOU SHOULD LEAVE MOST OF THOSE ALONE. Scroll down to "Function Flags" and click on that, and the right pane will show you a list of catalog categories. Click on whichever one you want to assign the object to.

By the way, there are editable properties for such things as Hunger, Comfort, Room, and so on, but editing these in TMog only changes what will appear in the CATALOG; it doesn't alter what the object's actual properties are. To change the ACTUAL amount that the object satisfies a sim's needs, you'd need to hack the object using IFF Pencil 2.

Have fun!

Thanks!
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowThatIsntYellow
Thanks!

Another good program to edit the catalog info is Sim Categorizer, you can get it from http://www.geocities.ws/sim_crazy_site/Programs.html

Works best with custom objects, if you want to edit Maxis objects, its best to clone them first with Transmogrifier.