Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Toddler Mirror - **MAJOR UPDATE 4th March** - Please re-download!

by boblishman Posted 28th Feb 2006 at 6:26 PM - Updated 6th Jan 2018 at 3:16 PM by boblishman : Update

340 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 330 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 14
Field Researcher
#151 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:04 PM
Another masterpiece of you two guys! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#152 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:06 PM
There is one slight problem, when I used the baby blue color it changed to pretty in pink color after the toddler changed appearence. Other then that it's a great object.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#153 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:11 PM Last edited by Numenor : 3rd Mar 2006 at 11:42 PM.
About the uninterruptible animation - Thanks for reporting: though I've set the whole animation to be interruptible at any time, and though I've tested it several times in the base game, an error can always be made... I'll double-check everything.

About the first toddler mirror - (For anyone interested, you can find it here) - Both Boblishman and I were aware of the existence of that mirror; but it didn't have a mesh of its own (it is the standard cheval floor mirror), and it seemed to have stability problems: I can confirm that the core code for the "Change Appearance" interaction can't be applied "as is" to the toddlers; on the contrary, the BHAVs need to be adjusted for the purpose (a thing that was not done in the first version of that mirror, and was done only in part in the latest version). As a bottom line, Boblishman and I thought that a good tooddler mirror needed some specific animations to go with, which we have done.

About OFB compatibility - Currently, I still don't own OFB, so I can't say if it contains a mirror usable by toddlers; nor if our mirror is compatible with the new EP. EDIT: it *is* compatible with OFB.

XxBeccaxX - Yes, the main purpose of this object is to change the appearance of the toddlers.

desloof - I've checked, the zip is not corrupted; try re-downloading it.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
#154 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:17 PM
Amazing work, as always.

Bob, you are da man!

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#155 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:29 PM
Thannk you so much.my toddler will enjoy it!
Test Subject
#156 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:48 PM
This is awesome Thank you!!!

To create man was a fine and original idea; but to add sheep was a tautology
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 4:24 PM
Brilliant. Thank you both!
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 4:25 PM
Sheesh...I don't check the site for ONE day and I miss out on all the fun. This looks great!!!

I also knew about the other toddler mirror, but wasn't interested because they are babies for such a short time, and also because they are so tiny I can't really see the details....BUT, this is such a great item, I HAVE to download it.

Both of you are so talented and imaginative...but the two of you working together equals talent to the Nth power...your awesomeness grows exponentially !!! (did I spell that right?)

Thanx so much.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 4:29 PM
Haha, I´m number 161! And I say what all the others said before:Thank you, you guys for makin it.

Oi! Oi! Oi!
Test Subject
#160 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:00 PM
Default Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!
I Love it! Now when I change my toddlers appearance I can do it with an object that actually looks like something a toddler would play with. Also, working on body points for toddlers....awesome! Thank you for a really realistic looking object! You rock!
Test Subject
#161 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:03 PM
Cool I cant wait to try although I wont download untill I get OFB for obvious reasons
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:34 PM Last edited by shockhorror : 1st Mar 2006 at 5:48 PM.
THANK YOU! As bad as it sounds, now I don't have to have ugly toddlers bless the Change Appearance option
Field Researcher
#163 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 5:34 PM
You and Numenor are simply amazing. Your hard work never goes unappreciated, keep up all the good work!

Lilaviel: the avid downloader

"Life Drawing: An Excuse to See Naked People"
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 6:15 PM
That is like soo totally awsome! LOVE it! Thanks so much!

~Keesha233:)
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 6:38 PM
Awesome! Now they can start young
Is this charisma or body?
Instructor
#166 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:04 PM
I can't wait to see it in my game,thank you soooooooo much!

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:17 PM
That looks amazing. Great job.
Test Subject
#168 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:54 PM
Great job! However, I have noticed that when there are two or more jobs in the queue, the toddler just keeps playing. Removing all but the mirror job, then canceling it will stop the playing. One more small detail - the custom message says charisma, not body gained.
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#169 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 7:56 PM
thanks guys for the report....Numenor is busying away as we speak to 'correct' these small problems..... the update should be ready soon....
Test Subject
#170 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 9:33 PM
awesome! thanks
Test Subject
#171 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsimsgal
There is one slight problem, when I used the baby blue color it changed to pretty in pink color after the toddler changed appearence. Other then that it's a great object.

I was about to mention the same thing! (Though I will admit that I thought *I* was imagining things )

You guys are the greatest!:bow:

Because the voices in my head tell me to...
Test Subject
#172 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 11:36 PM
You guys are awsome.
Test Subject
#173 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 1:59 AM
thank you, i have it in my game and the only bug i see is that it takes forever for the toddler to get away from it when i cross it out. otherwise it is wonderful!
Inventor
#174 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 2:04 AM
Verynice thanks.
Test Subject
#175 Old 2nd Mar 2006 at 3:06 AM
I love you.

Just kidding, great item though!!
Page 7 of 14