Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[OUTDATED] Changing Lot size after building and/or playing (Archived)

by Andi8104 Posted 19th Jul 2006 at 3:03 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

Closed Thread Locked by: Reason: Go to: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=175884
363 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 362 Feedback Posts
Page 12 of 15
Test Subject
#276 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Sorcerer : 10th Mar 2007 at 4:57 AM.
As for the Error DanTycoon and others are having do you have SimPE installed from what I seen when doing the Compiling of the Source it keep giving Errors 92 or so because I did not have SimPE installed.

So I installed version 6.0b for Pets and it compiled, from what was posted looks like a Runtime Error which would be caused if SimPE is not installed.

I have found the Problem with why the program is not detecting the new Seasons neighborhood working on the problem right now
Test Subject
#277 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:28 AM Last edited by Sorcerer : 12th Mar 2007 at 6:47 AM.
Ok here is the new 1.2.2 release only Update in this is it will now Open the Seasons new neighborhood.

Still allot of Bugs that need to be worked on, anyone who know how to program in C# please PM me I am still learning if it was VB.net It would of been easier to work on.

Updated on 3/11/2007 removed the debug file from the exe archive LotExpander.pdb Also removed the exe's from the source to make it smaller.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LE_122.rar (395.9 KB, 1342 downloads)
File Type: rar  LE_122_Source.rar (71.8 KB, 503 downloads)
Mad Poster
#278 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 6:35 AM
Test Subject
#279 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:17 PM
Niol, I tried what you said butit doesn't work, the lot doesn't want to be placed.What can I do? ;(
Mad Poster
#280 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:49 PM
TcHeRn0bYl,

Sorry, I can't think of what else can be tried other than the ones I've suggested to you on post 265.

For the present, what can be done is:
1. save the lot file for the future in the hope someone may point out how to solve it.
2. wait...
3. May also upload the lot file for modders to see what can be done. Surely, state out the game versions used for "ease".
Test Subject
#281 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 11:01 PM
I do have SimPE installed. It's not updated, it currently works with OFB :P. I think I need to update it.

As for the seasons neighborhood, just change the name. G001 to N004, ta-dah! lol. When you're done, N004 to G001.

Ok, I tried your revised program, Sorcerer, and it still doesn't work. On the upside, glad to know that you keep the source on your desktop, lol.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds.
at System.Array.Copy(Array sourceArray, Int32 sourceIndex, Array destinationArray, Int32 destinationIndex, Int32 length, Boolean reliable)
at LotExpander.R_3ARY.set_Width(Int32 value) in C:\Users\Sorcerer\Desktop\MTS2_1320607_Andi8104_LotExpanderSource_1.2.1\LotExpander\Classes\R_3ARY.cs:line 106
at LotExpander.LotExpander.ZuScreen4() in C:\Users\Sorcerer\Desktop\MTS2_1320607_Andi8104_LotExpanderSource_1.2.1\LotExpander\LotExpander.cs:line 450
at LotExpander.LotExpander.WeiterButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Sorcerer\Desktop\MTS2_1320607_Andi8104_LotExpanderSource_1.2.1\LotExpander\LotExpander.cs:line 83
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Test Subject
#282 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Sorcerer : 12th Mar 2007 at 6:40 AM.
lol had it on my External HD and it keep giving Errors so I put it on the Desktop

the new Code was Compiled in Vista thats why the location is weird.

the LotExpander.pdb file is showing you my drive location delete it it may fix the errors your getting its a Debug file that I forgot to delete.

Ya if this program is going to go anywhere its going to need a programming Team anyone that knows C# programming please PM me.

I myself am a VB Program so currently learning C# which is taking allot of time to learn it.
Test Subject
#283 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 6:50 AM
Redid the rar for the exe remove the un Needed files so please try it again if you want
Test Subject
#284 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 11:37 AM
I'm sorry, I can't be online at 1:00 in the morning, lol. Trying it now, just have to restore my backup.

Right. Well it gave me the same error, just without the "C:\Users\..." lines any more. Oh well :P
Test Subject
#285 Old 12th Mar 2007 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Sorcerer : 12th Mar 2007 at 9:16 PM.
K DanTycoon I will look into it when I can like I said I am new at C# programming so it takes a bit to get around the code but I have tested it with out any Games installed and it will load but once I goto the second Stage it crashes.

I have also tested it on my other Machine with ever EP and SP installed and it worked but caused my lot I edited with it to mess up.

I will look through your Posts and see if I can figure out the errors your getting and Will post more Info when I can

one more thing are you unraring all files to the same folder or Just clicking on the exe inside the rar.

All files must be in the same Root Directory and the Folder Inside must be right too.

It will Actually Run without SimPE Installed since its got the dll runtimes with it. But it does have to be unrared on the C: Drive where dotnet 2.0 Is installed. You must have dotnet 2.0 installed 1.1 will not work will give nothing but errors.

If All Else fells download the latest version of dotnet 2x not 3 and try that.
Test Subject
#286 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 12:17 AM
I am unRaring the files onto my desktop and it gives me the error. Downloading .NET Redistributable 2.0 now. Tell you if it works.
Mad Poster
#287 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 4:29 AM
I did get it the programme open in the base game.
But since I'd not testing neighourbourhood due to HD space there in my TS2 copy, so I haven't altered a lot yet.

I'll move some files away from it to free up some spaces for testing in TS2...

Sorry not much of a help at peresent...
Test Subject
#288 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 2:15 PM Last edited by TcHeRn0bYl : 13th Mar 2007 at 8:06 PM.
Niol, can I extract the family of the lot and replace it in an other lot? (I saved the lot in the Lotcatalog before have the bug, and in the lotcatalog I see the "cx_Character_cx_00000050..." files and my lot is cx_00000050)
Test Subject
#289 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:07 AM
I didn't tell you, did I? I don't think it worked, lol. So if you can just find out what that array length needs to be, you'll be all set, right? lol.

"System.ArgumentException: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds."
Test Subject
#290 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:16 AM
DanTycoon could be a Compiling Problem program should run is this happen whenever you first run it or try and goto a Lot to edit?

Also what OS are you running it on?
Test Subject
#291 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 1:58 AM
XP. Don't quite understand your question, but I'll give it a shot. The program runs, just up until it (I assume) tries to add land to the lot. The lot shows that it's a 5x3 (my wanted size), but when I go into the game, the land is the same except there is a big blue box with nothing in it, where there should be land. I'll take a screenie of it. Hold on.
Test Subject
#292 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 2:43 AM
http://www.filefactory.com/file/43883c/

The Link. Sorry for the blurry images, TS2 doesn't do that too well, lol. The Videos are good quality, though.
Test Subject
#293 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 5:27 AM
I will take a look at the code this weekend I am currently working on some Idea's for a new sims 2 Program I want to code in VB.net

It will be for Editing and Making the userStartup.cheat file.

I also got a few other programs I am currently working on
Test Subject
#294 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 5:48 AM
I took a look at the video guessing its a problem with the new EP's Like I said I will do some looking at the code this Weekend I want to work on my new Program tomorrow.
Mad Poster
#295 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 4:49 PM Last edited by niol : 14th Mar 2007 at 10:08 PM.
TcHeRn0bYl

yeah, you may try that.

And a new idea is that may try to create a dummy family in a similar lot size with the same numbers and ages and then replace the newly created with the ones in the lost lot.

Surely, do that in a testing neighbourhood...

If the sims data remain mostly in the sims files while the lot files and neighbourhood files have only the brief reference data about them. It may be good to copy those data from the old ones to the
newly created dummies.

addd:
all,
Quote:
# A page holds 64x64 tiles. A tile is one world unit wide.
ffTextureMatrix -scalev (1/64, 1/64)
(extracted from the terrain shader.)
This may explain why a lot can't be > 60x60, but how about a lot size with 64 x 64?
Test Subject
#296 Old 14th Mar 2007 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Sorcerer : 14th Mar 2007 at 10:53 PM.
lol man a 64x64 would take your sims weeks to get to the very back or front of the Yard.

Anyone wanting to take a look at the Alpha version of my userStartup.cheat Editor please go here.

http://www.sims2program.siteburg.com It will be posted there later today for download please remember its a Alpha so its basically a test you can edit and Save a userStartup.cheat with it if you wanted to but thats about it the more Advanced Options will be in the first Beta which I will release a post for once I have it done early next week I think.
Test Subject
#298 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 9:16 AM
When I get time I will go through all the error Code everyone has posted but right now don't have the time.

As for the code its the same as the old version all I added was option to open the G001 I have tested it without any problems except inside the game.
Test Subject
#299 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 4:51 PM
Very said he passed on. hope his family has found comfort with one another.
Test Subject
#300 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 10:54 PM
Well hello,

Been some time since I posted to this forum,

First off , Things have begone to settle and I'm back in the Sims 2 mode, , But anyway, It's sad to see that Andi8104 is no longer updating , But it seems Sorcere has (or is trying to take over) TYVM...

Well first I am getting my sites back up....
And lot-expander.sircoffeebear.com is back up and running.
I would of been coping this to TSXNET as I got that setup but it seems that Andi is no longer around, so premissions are not there, BUT Sorcerer, Would I be able to offer your updates first at lot-expander.sircoffeebear.com, Of course updated with your information, and once things smooth out on my siims2 site, there as well?

I am surprised to see I am still getting hits to my site for Lot-Expander. thats why its back up.

some people are still trying to access my Swimmable-Sea Tutorial, Well I am remaking the project full with downloads, again this program will be a big asset in this tutorial. Hope you the best of luck Sorcere...

did you do a search and see if there is a c to --> VB conversion program.
I am starting to look into programing using Euphoria, and I am happy to see there are C to Euphoria conversion programs that seem to do a verry good job.

That may be a possible idea for you... Euphoria is easy to learn, alot like Basic, fast, platform independent, FREE and Open Source. RapidEuphoria.com,( I am still at the lowest level of learning so don't ask me questions on programing with Euphoria.) Almost all programing is done in plain text.
the "binder" is now included... there are millions of libraries available. knowing you know Visual Basic, may be a heads up as I am almost sure there are libraries to make you feel somewhat at home in programing, You would have the power of C without all the headaches of learning C., and you could still convert to C and make it available in C.

Maybe thats no help as people are afraid to try new things... wish I was more up on programing, I can't do much more then a few simple dos comands, although I have combined programs to make them work with a win32 GUI using dos level commands, LMAO.

Anyway good luck.

you can repy here , PM me, or email me....

Thanks
Todd AKA SirCoffeeBear.
Quote: Originally posted by corapntr
Very said he passed on. hope his family has found comfort with one another.

Who passed on what did I miss ??

Finially things are getting setup.
eMail me RepublicOfTheSims@SimsSecretSociety.com
or visit RepublicOfTheSims.com or SimsSecretSociety.com for my upcoming line of stuff.
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15