Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Non-Default Lara Croft BodyShape Mesh

by RoguePilot Posted 21st Jul 2009 at 10:27 AM - Updated 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:19 PM by RoguePilot : Tutorial link added

117 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 115 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Forum Resident
#51 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 11:24 PM
Yay this is a huge step forward, i knew you had something in your trick bag Keep it up!
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 12:42 AM
To risk sounding like a loser.... if it doesnt replace the default, how does one find it? or is it only in the swimsuit section?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunstroke
To risk sounding like a loser.... if it doesnt replace the default, how does one find it? or is it only in the swimsuit section?

It is available as a full body outfit in all clothing categories for adult and young adult females.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:13 AM
If this can be made into the "default" bodyshape, will that mean that all the clothing in the game will automatically morph to match it?
Test Subject
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:16 AM
i am sooooo trying this out,
Test Subject
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoguePilot
Correct.

Unfortunately we cant set up a bodyshape as a skin in Sims 3, but I will be producing more meshes based on the same shape.

yes please keep on this project (something that replace the original too ). I'm actually making Lara Croft, I simply need this cool mesh and I'm looking for some Lara's accessories !

thank you !

----------------->>My Creations<<-----------------

.:: Alessia ::.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:25 AM
Is there a chance you can make this default mesh? It looks too good to pass up. Although can you include a version that has not as narrow waist? Something between your narrow waist and Maxis' standard would be lovely.

Thanks in advance
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nicknewman
If this can be made into the "default" bodyshape, will that mean that all the clothing in the game will automatically morph to match it?

No. TS3 is not that advanced yet. Or they rather do it this way for better performance optimization. But each clothing item is indepedent with it's own mesh. You can have default cup side of D, using this mesh as default for example, and if you put on a cup A clothing item, your sim will look like cup A. The only thing TS3 different from TS2 is all of these meshes scale with the sliders in CAS, which require mesh designers to ensure their mesh look good from one extreme to another.
Test Subject
#59 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 4:09 AM
strange? when i open CTU the mesh is not appearing on the list, though it does appear in the game? should i just try to open the package file?

oh wait tried that and it says:

index version was not 3.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Gibbed.Sims3.FileFormats.DatabasePackedFileException: index version was not 3
at Gibbed.Sims3.FileFormats.DatabasePackedFile.Read(Stream input)
at Gibbed.Sims3.FileFormats.Database..ctor(Stream stream, Boolean readExisting)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.searchInPackage(String filename, Int32 typeID, Int32 groupID, Int64 instanceID)
at CASPartEditor.Form1.loadToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CASPartEditor
Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.5.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/osyris6/Desktop/my%20delphy%20stuff/CASPartEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MadScience.Helpers
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/osyris6/Desktop/my%20delphy%20stuff/MadScience.Helpers.DLL
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
pszvbipm
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
mt8ja8kz
Gibbed.Sims3.FileFormats
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/osyris6/Desktop/my%20delphy%20stuff/Gibbed.Sims3.FileFormats.DLL
Gibbed.Helpers
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/osyris6/Desktop/my%20delphy%20stuff/Gibbed.Helpers.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

how strange!? im probably making some stupid mistake without noticing it!
Test Subject
#61 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 7:16 AM
She tells you how at the bottom of overview page. Im actually trying to do that stuff now. I'm having a really hard time following the directions though. Specifically this part, if someone can explain it to me.
---------------------------------------------
First create a new project in CTU using the afBodySwimsuit_plunge body mesh.

Set all of the categories you need to set, and *replace all of the textures as normal.*

Before you save, scroll down the Designs/Other Details page until you get to the Mesh name, the daeFileName. Change this to afBodySwimsuit_edited.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can do everything except for the texture thing, cause i am unsure what im supposed to do. I read the CTU walkthrough thing, and i disabled all the stencils except for the first one. is that correct? The walk through uses letters instead of numbers... but anyway. When i open my file with s3pe, it does not have the two files you mention here.
------------------
You should see your texture files with the group Type ID of 0x00B2D882 plus a file with the Type ID of 0x034AEECB.
---------------------------------

It only has the last file,Type ID of 0x034AEECB., not the first one. Can somebody help me out please. I did not try going further than those steps, because it seems like I would fail without that other fail correct?
Test Subject
#62 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tydorei
She tells you how at the bottom of overview page. Im actually trying to do that stuff now. I'm having a really hard time following the directions though. Specifically this part, if someone can explain it to me.
---------------------------------------------
First create a new project in CTU using the afBodySwimsuit_plunge body mesh.

Set all of the categories you need to set, and *replace all of the textures as normal.*

Before you save, scroll down the Designs/Other Details page until you get to the Mesh name, the daeFileName. Change this to afBodySwimsuit_edited.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I can do everything except for the texture thing, cause i am unsure what im supposed to do. I read the CTU walkthrough thing, and i disabled all the stencils except for the first one. is that correct? The walk through uses letters instead of numbers... but anyway. When i open my file with s3pe, it does not have the two files you mention here.
------------------
You should see your texture files with the group Type ID of 0x00B2D882 plus a file with the Type ID of 0x034AEECB.
---------------------------------

It only has the last file,Type ID of 0x034AEECB., not the first one. Can somebody help me out please. I did not try going further than those steps, because it seems like I would fail without that other fail correct?

thats weird because i cant even, find the the afBodySwimsuit_plunge body mesh, when i start the new project! Its not their at all when i scroll down, is there something i special need to do for CTU to identify it?
Test Subject
#63 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:13 AM Last edited by Tydorei : 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:26 AM.
you have to have the age and gender correct. Then the last one should have body.

Ok... I have gotten past the part i was stuck out and finished the tutorial one smoothly enough. Now that i am trying to add this body to other clothing, I need to learn how to find the Instance ID of the clothing i want to change to your body mesh correct. How do i find their id's? or whatever the long string of code is... for example

0x0000000000637C8A

I am not sure what should i change to your instance id for this.
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tydorei
you have to have the age and gender correct. Then the last one should have body.

Ok... I have gotten past the part i was stuck out and finished the tutorial one smoothly enough. Now that i am trying to add this body to other clothing, I need to learn how to find the Instance ID of the clothing i want to change to your body mesh correct. How do i find their id's? or whatever the long string of code is... for example

0x0000000000637C8A

I am not sure what should i change to your instance id for this.

i got past the first problem but now i have the same problem you had with only the first only the last texture file showing up!?

and you apply the mesh to other outfits, by starting with those outfits instead of the afbodyswimsuit_plunge i think, and their code should be like the swimsuits was, but you will have to give it a special name, like when you changed afbodyswimsuit_plunge to afbodyswimsuit_edited and located it, and i believe that their id's will be in the similar to the swimsuits, if not the hex editor should be able to find the place to change the id for you!
Test Subject
#65 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:03 AM
im a pro at this now. i have change alot of my favorite outfits already. Yeah, i always change the last 6 letters in the name to edited. You only need that one file when you open it with s3pe. Also, i kinda can recongize the id key in hex editor now. On the right side of the hex editor there will be ,,- those always proceede the instance id in my experience. But there are alot of those. On the left side of the hex editor there will be something like 24 2d 65 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 that should corrospond to the right ,,- That is where i put the change the instance id to the one rougepilot gives. worked for me so far.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#66 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:10 AM
Default To everyone trying to create an outfit for this mesh.
The principal is that you first create an outfit for the afBodySwimsuit_plunge mesh. Then you edit that.

I'm not being deliberately obstructive here but there are plenty of tutorials on how to create outfits using CTU, but basically you need to export the textures of the original mesh using CTU, edit those in a graphics editor, then replace them in the Other Details page.

The package resulting from this is the only thing you will need to edit and you basically just need to 'point it' at my mesh. The only instance ID you will change is the reference in the CASPart file for the VPXY instance specified in the mesh. (Noted on the comments page). Remember, thats the name of my mesh, plus the instance number that points to my mesh.

(Technical bit: Its actually a reference to a master VPXY file which contains a set of references to other files, and the mesh is made up of multiple 3d models plus this master VPXY, but you don't need to know that )

Remember this is a 'flat' mesh with no bumps or features, so everything will come out skintight.

A reasonable tip is to export textures from other meshes in CTU and then re-import back into CTU on top of the afBodySwimsuit_plunge mesh and see what you get with that.

Once you are happy, only then 'point' the package to my mesh.

People have asked how I create my designs before, so I may post a brief walkthrough with a few tips on texturing.

I wan't more people designing for TS3, I'm getting tired of all the buildings to live in with nothing to wear.

Any questions regarding creation issues please read the creator boards and post a question if you can't find your answer there.

Something, something, something, Darkside
Test Subject
#67 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:27 AM
everythings working great for me now as well! Tydorei thnx 4 the head up on how to find the hex!
Test Subject
#68 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 11:29 AM
If somebody succed creating clothing for this mesh, share with others please.
Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:20 PM
Yeah, that tutorial just fried my brain. Awesome work though. I just need to wrap my head around making clothing for it. xD
Mad Poster
#70 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharlesC
If somebody succed creating clothing for this mesh, share with others please.

Yes, please, for those of us who couldn't even begin to follow the tutorial and have never made anything, please share your creations. I love this bodyshape, but I need clothes to go with it!!! Thanks for your genius, btw, Roguepilot, you are awesome!!!
Test Subject
#71 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:44 PM
This is just Awesome! Great job thank you
Test Subject
#72 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:17 PM
So, for right now, it doesn't work with the existing Maxis clothing? Can't wait until clothing for it comes out! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 10:12 PM
I think Sims' bodies should be more customizable.. It's not realistic.. A lot of women in my family have very large boobs.. So like, if I wanted to make my family, it would never look like them.. >_> The Sims 3 is supposed to be more inclusive because of the possibility of obese sims, but it's still not really detailed enough to accommodate all the different body sizes. I think the reason they didn't include breast sizes is because it may have been perverted from some peoples' perspectives, but I remember seeing a video on Sims 3 like a year ago and there was a breast size slider, and the guide used it and showed the effects.. I swear to god.

GONNA LOVE~
Heartsdales~
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:24 AM
I suck when it comes to create or edit a Mesh so I was wandering rougpilot is there anyway to edit this mesh combined with the shortpants of the game???
and is there anyway that if you can do it to upload it???
by the way great job, it really looks more realistic.
Test Subject
#75 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by samma440
I think Sims' bodies should be more customizable.. It's not realistic.. A lot of women in my family have very large boobs.. So like, if I wanted to make my family, it would never look like them.. >_> The Sims 3 is supposed to be more inclusive because of the possibility of obese sims, but it's still not really detailed enough to accommodate all the different body sizes. I think the reason they didn't include breast sizes is because it may have been perverted from some peoples' perspectives, but I remember seeing a video on Sims 3 like a year ago and there was a breast size slider, and the guide used it and showed the effects.. I swear to god.

I think I saw it too, they did had a breast slider, and i think for legs and butt, not sure it might have been a dream, but it think it was real
Page 3 of 5